top wake boat fuel-range? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » top wake boat fuel-range? « Previous Next »
By dane (greatdane) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wish this data was available on boats like it is on cars. Running a "full" day without needing to gas up is a HUGE benefit.

My 2000 VLX with 33 gallon tank (advertised as 35 gallons) is always flirting with an empty tank after a full day with 4 riders.

The SAN has a 39 gallon tank and, i believe, much better economy, so it probably has a much better range.

The X2 has a 33 gallon tank and I have know little about it's range.

By JZwake (jzwake) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 11:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So many variables with boats and wakeboarding.

Added Weight/drag (wedge), How many start and stops from fallen riders, how much idle time (I'm sure those time when the next rider hasn;t even streched out a little and you don;t turn of the boat add up. Not to mention prop pitch and gear reduction.

If everyones trying something new or just falling alot we notice that we're out of gas a lot sooner then normal. All that geting up on plane with 2500lbs burns the gas.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 5:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My Sanger V210 has a 37 gallon tank and uses about 6-7 gallon per hour (According to the smart craft data output) at boarding speed with moderate ballast. We have never had to fill up during the day, even when we have 7 riders doing 2 sets each we don't get close to running out.

The V215 has a 45 gallon tank, that must have great range.

By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 5:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
X-30 60 gallons! This summer is going to kill my bank account...

By zach (klk) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 6:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
tige 21i 36 gallons got it dec so longest i have had it running in a day was 4 hours and i burned 13 gallons with 1000lbs ballast and 6 people in the boat one boarding so i was happy with that

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 7:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been keeping track of every tank and I am using 6.2 gallons per hour (hour meter no idle or cruizing time) of boarding (24mph) on my 03 SAN with 800 lbs lead plus factory ballast. This works out to about 18 twenty minute pulls before we have to start looking for fuel. Throw in a few kid pulls and a 10 minute run or two with no falls (my girlfreind) and your well over 20 pulls for a tank. This is a nice feature for me since the lake is closer than the fuel stop.

Zach??? 4 hours for 13 gallons??? Somethings wrong there.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com