VLX bow seats... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » VLX bow seats... « Previous Next »
By Adam Schenk (shankthat1) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 9:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We recently bought a used '03 BU' VLX, but I have not been able to see it yet, stuck at school right now. How much space is there under the front bow seats? Is there room for a water sac or do you have to go smaller like sandbags and such? Just trying to figure out if theres any way to use water under there so it could just be pumped in and out instead of having to carry something every time you load/unload.

Thanks for any help

By Ryan Newcomb (jnewcom) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 9:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have a 03 vlx. There is a middle cushion in the fron t and two bigger ones on the side. We usually just take the small middle one out in the very front and put a small fat sac up there, not really sure what it ways. It doesn't fit completley down in there but it stays put on top from the other two seats that are in place. YIf you had two of them u might could put them under either of the two sides.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 10:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would be real tempted to use lead, especially if you use the wedge, you want a bit of weight up there and don't think you will get enough under the seats using water, plus you have the hassel of filling them manually. Lead in the bow rules IMO, I carry 550 pounds in under my bow seats.

By merlin lucas (mklucas) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 10:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Most people are just putting a fat sack up in the middle by leaving the playpen cushion(front center) out. There really isn't much room available for water weight underbeath the two front side cushions. You probaly could put some waterbed sacs up there, but I would think you wouldn't get more than 60-80lbs on each side. Personally, I put lead up there - anywhere from 2-5 bricks(130-325 lbs.) on each side. It works great and I still have plenty of room to keep other stuff in there, but then you have to tow it all the time - I don't mind pulling an extra 900 lbs. around, and I'm thinking of getting some more. Then again I have the vehicle to tow that much.

By Neil fett (bigasswake) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 3:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can fit 4-300lb sacs, 1 in each ski locker,1 across the bow, and one in the walkway . I also have put another 600lb up in the bow once with 8 people and it threw ONE MONSTER WAKE with the wedge and the MLS.

The first pic is 2-300's in the ski locker. 1-600lb sac up front , Wedge(1000#),MLS(900#) and 6 people @100lb's each=600. **Total of (3700lbs

The second is the same minus one of the side sacs -300

Last Is my VLX and Zacks X-Star with Matching weights at 3700lbs and going 23.5mph we threw izzy on a 6ft. spine!!!! Awesome!

The Spine Of doom 1.X Star1.VLX both with over 3,000lb

(Message edited by bigasswake on March 03, 2004)

By Neil fett (bigasswake) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 3:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Put the sacs up here with the wedge down. It makes the wedge work twice as hard and you wakes will be twice as big

Were we put the sacs

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 9:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We used to put two small sacks under the bow cushions and leave them filled and then add a sack underthe center bow cushion just until it started to push on the bow cushion. Now I have some lead in place of the sacks under the cushions and still use the sac under the center cushion. During the winter, I just put the sac across the front and fill it up all the way since there are not many people in the boat

By Adam Schenk (shankthat1) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 4:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yea, the lead sounds like a good idea. Do those 300lb sacks manage to fill all the way in the rear lockers with the MLS tanks back there as well?

By MIKE O (batman) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 7:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can put a 375# locker sack under the bow cushion. I fill center MLS and have two 540# in back and the wake is awesome!

By steve (ssjrmk) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 10:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a sac under each bow cushion, each one weigths 150#.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com