Rain jacket for my boat. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Rain jacket for my boat. « Previous Next »
By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 6:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Got tired of bailing water off my cover so I bought this canopy from costco. Damn X-30 barely fits inside. Only costs $160 and it'll save me alot in cleaning. We'll see if the wind makes it the world's largest kite, however I did use 12 two and three foot stakes to hold it down. Thought some of you out there might be interested.

By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 7:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

canopy

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would take some tie downs from the inside corners up top and secure them to the boat or trailer just to make sure. The last time I saw my Costco garage, it was doing cartwheels down the street. All I could at that point was laugh my arse off.

By Luke (lukeduke95) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 10:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe you should sell the boat and upgrade your house. I see it peeking in the background over to the left.

J/K Actually I have one of those covers too and it is so handy. Turned it into an outdoor shop for my Datsun 510 project. Was thinking of buying another to cover the boat.

Bueatiful Boat though. Even nicer truck!!!

By Shawn Jessup (bigjessup) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 12:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the same canopy, after two years its held up pretty well. There are some tears and the wind does push it around a bit, but nothing major. But all that set aside its really nice to have peace of mind that your boat is for the most part protected.

By Jason Loomis (gently27) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 7:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brett,
I have an X-20 as well and am looking for something like this as well - Questions:
Do you take your swim platform off?
Is it "in stock" at Costco or is it something you order?
Thanks!

By Jason Loomis (gently27) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 7:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I meant x-30 - typo

By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 7:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
well they have them in stock at my costco. No, I didn't take the swim step off. But I am going to try to raise it up by extending the vertical supports so I can park the boat without lowering the tower.

By A. P. (bigdad) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason-

Big difference between an X-20 (Sea Doo) and an X-30. lol.

Brett-
I wouldn't raise it up. I purchased a similar canopy cover two years ago. It only lasted 1 1/2 years. The problem is wind. The wind just destroys it. After time the eyelets that the tie downs attach shred apart. I tied mine down good too. Even tied it to the boat and that was the only thing that saved it from flying away. If you lift it up you are in effect creating a parachute. The wind will sweep underneath the side and go straight up and lift it away. Just like a parachute.

P.S. The place I store my boat is not what I would consider windy at all.

By Jason Loomis (gently27) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 11:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks A.P... no wonder I have such a hard time pulling off the Tantrum on my X-20.... ;)

Brett - does it come with the tubing as well? Or was that extra?

By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 11:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What you see is what you get except for the stakes I bought and some rope. Even if it only last 1.5 years that would be worth it. I guess I could just replace or repair the canvas as needed. But I need to raise it up to make it user friendly or else I wont want to take the boat out if its such a pain in the a... probably have to raise it 3 maybe 4 feet to clear the tower. We'll see....

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 7:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can order the canvas replacement parts from costco or Northern Tool.

By Brad Birlew (bradb) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 9:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
2-3 inches of heavy snow in one night collapsed mine (ripped my canvas and a bit of the upholstery, but no major damage). If it snows where you are from, brush it off quickly (a broom handle from underneath will do the trick nicely).
Other than that they work great. It's nice to be able to let it dry out and not have to worry about water pooling on the top.
B

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com