x-star fuel question. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » x-star fuel question. « Previous Next »
By Wake addict (radikal) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 10:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
can you tell me what is your fuel x-star consommation per hour maybe in gallon or in dollar, if you ride with the stock ballast system full ?? and maybe 3 pers in the boat, because i am not sure that the dealer tell the truth.

By Kaiser Soze (tattoobling) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 11:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't think it's anybody's business how often per hour that I consummate with my X-Star. But I will admit, I like a full ballast.

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 11:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
depends on your engine rpm, motor and many other factors. guessing 5-8 gallons an hour.

you can always get an annullment if she doesn't satisfy you.

By matt moss (mossy44) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 12:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
roflmao

By Wake addict (radikal) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 10:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dont help me

By badzuki (badzuki) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 5:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would agree with thomas. My X-Star does not use much more gas then my old 79 Nautique.

I hope that your not worried about gas consumption. All I know is between filling up the Tahoe to get the boat to the lake and the filling up the boat you can add another $200/month on the price of owning a boat

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 6:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what did the dealer tell you? 2gph? my old 302 2 barrel would run all day on 10 bucks, but fuel was cheaper then. buy a couple 5 gallon jugs and keep them in the back of your truck. that's what we do. no marina crappy fuel or crappy prices.

driving a boat fully laden is like driving your big v-8 down the interstate at 80-90/3000rpm or so loaded. i figured 13-14-15 miles to the gallon at that load. 90 divided by 15 = 6 gph or close to it.

i need a spler checr also. i can't spell either. it was funny, don't take it rong.

By Wake addict (radikal) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 7:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
they tell me : 10$ per hour

By NeilM (neilm) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 7:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I budget $CDN 100/day for boat fuel, based on the mix of skiing, wakeboarding, cruising that we do. Everybody uses their boat differently , so your budget will be different. Pushing a boat through the water uses a lot of energy -- if you're *really* worried about fuel consumption, don't buy a wakeboarding boat -- they use gas!

By cdm (cdm) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree, if your concerned about fuel costs you may want to reconsider. In any event, my 00 X-Star with 330 HP engine 29 gallon tank fully weighted, ~2000+ lbs ballast would run about +/- 5-6 hours... My 03 X-Star 350hp w/ +/-2800 lbs ballast and much larger tank, will easily go the whole day.. They love the go go juice!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com