New wakeboard boat company announces ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » New wakeboard boat company announces formation « Previous Next »
By matt (supraman) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I noticed today on Trade Only that a new company has announced their intention to build a line of ski- and wakeboard boats. Vector Sports will be based in Hendersonville, TN -- which is practically in the backyard of Malibu, Supra, Moomba and Mastercraft. Taking these guys on is an ambitious effort. Defining your brand by offering "true" dry storage doesn't seem like much of an innovation to differentiate yourself on.... We'll have to see what kind of product they turn out.

By derek boyer (toyotafreak) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 12:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
One of the Toyota owners up in Washington spotted this yesterday: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2463413483&category=31271#ebayphotohosting

New (?) boat company that looks like they've gotten ahold of the v-drive Toyota's molds and built a new boat around them. Every single piece I can see in gelcoat exactly matches my S22. It does look like they took, how do we say politely, a much more value-minded approach to materials and QC than Toyota did.

Not sure what inspired them to do this, because our boat's strength is not in the design, it's in the construction, outfitting and materials.

Of course, Toyota lost money on every boat it sold....

By John Hovde (mastercraft7100) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 12:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love the prices $54,000.00 give me a break. I love how new boat company’s will come out and ask you to pay top dollar for a boat they are still working.

By Cal (villageidiot) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 1:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm the Washington Toyota owner Derek was referring to. I'll tell you what's more surprising: there are actually bids on that boat on ebay. Don't think I would buy something that I knew absolutely nothing about... when you do a Google search, there's nothing about them whatsoever.

By derek boyer (toyotafreak) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 2:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cal, I can't believe I'm saying this, but...I just might like your colors better than mine. Tight and clean, that's the way we like it!!!

By derek boyer (toyotafreak) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hydroswift is the parent and has been around.

Someone's got a stack of cash in it and they're rolling out onto....Ebay.

As far as Vector Sports goes....Matt, you're right it's ballsy. There is something to be said for a 'true custom' wakeboard boat. Runabouts by Sea Ray, etc. are a dime a dozen, right? But you've got Hallet, Howard, Eliminator that are really just custom runabouts, right? The question becomes, are wakeboard boat owners left wanting in terms of features, materials or design? Do these same folks have even more money to give than MC, CC or BU are asking? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, than a true custom wakeboard boat manufacturer might have a go at the 'way over-funded and hyper-discriminating' wakeboard crowd.

Towboats nowadays are amazing - how would you improve upon them?

By Cal (villageidiot) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 3:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tight and clean, that is how we like it! Looks like you may have to get a second Epic, Derek... (though mine won't be for sale...). But you're welcome to come to Seattle and take a ride whenever you want (but you knew that).

Funny, we go back and forth on the Epic site, now we're doing it on wakeworld also. I think we just may have too much time on our hands...???

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com