tower speakers above tower?? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » tower speakers above tower?? « Previous Next »
By bill montanye (bill) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
ran into a small problem with my bimini not being able to be opened and put down in place with the new speakers now there and in the way..ive ran over every scenario of trying to move the bimini or speakers left to right and cant make it work without cutting and redoing the bimini or buying a new custom one..

so the easiest solution is moving the speaker to above the tower but not sure how they would look as well as would they be to high and hit bridges or low lights etc...

anybody have pics of their speakers above the tower and how did that work out..

any suggestions??

By Jeff Royal (jroyal) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My speakers interfere with my bimini as well. I just undo one of the sides of the bimini when opening it. I unfold the front portion of the bimini past the speakers and then place the bimini back into place. Not a big problem. Better than cutting down the height of my bimini.

By bill montanye (bill) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea thats a good idea thats what i was doing today when i was messing with it..guess that might be a little bit of a pain but better then spending more money and time on this project :-)

By Karl De Looff (boarditup) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am 6'4" and I put the speakers on top of the bar because I wanted the head room. I had a few looks, but no problems.

By Stan Tannner (sbt3) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 2:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had to put mine above as well because of head room. I am not that tall but the tower is not that high so I put them up to save my head. Here is a pic not the best one but the only one I have of the boat with the speakers on it.

By Charles (chas) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 8:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 4:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I haven't had any problems with the low bridges in my area, even at high tide.
boat

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 4:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I run mine up there too, have not had any problems.

By Brad Flack (flackpack) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has anyone had an issue with the rope catching on the speakers or mounts? I am setting up a new pair of cans on my boat, but I assumed they had to hang down to avoid rope snags.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 8:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Speakers should not be a problem above or below the tower, wakeboard racks are much more likely to grab a rope in a pickup turns.

By Steve Autry (whitevlx) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm with Monster, racks catch the rope, speakers dont.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com