Help me decide on older boat? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Help me decide on older boat? « Previous Next »
By Jason (ferrarispider95) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 7:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have narrowed it down to a couple choices...I am looking at a 84 nautique for 7900, or an 89 supra sunsport for 9900. I have a couple questions, is the 89 sunsport the same hull as the early launch? The interior layout and the exterior look very close.

I know that the nautique will make a great wake, but is it worth the sacrifice in space? Any comments appreciated

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 9:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was also looking at a Sunsport and they are the same as the DD Launch. I never rode behind the one I was looking at. I have ridden behind two Nautiques (84 and 87). The wake is great, but narrow and we usually have 6-7 people crammed in there, space is definitely something you need to consider. A tower with board racks would have helped with the space issue.

By Jason (ferrarispider95) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can testify for the wakes of the Launch, I rode behind a 99. It is can get big two sacks on each side of the end, rampy, but a good peak.

I am now considering even something newer. If I can find something just under 20k. I found a good deal on a 99 xstar. Anyone got any info about it?

By Brian Dehler (supranut) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I beleive the '89 and '90 Sunsports are similar and I know that the '90 Sunsport has the same hull as the original Launch.

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 10:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
BTW nice Vette, I had one for a few weeks and now have a Z28. I sure do wish somebody would step up and put an LS1 in a boat already. At one point Chevy had subcontracted the block casting to Mercruiser

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 10:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not too bad of a drive, but I found this boat on Ebay, it is in Ohio if you are willing to make a road trip. I have heard good things about Echelon's. Here is the link, I haven't checked NADA to see if it's a good deal.

By Jason (ferrarispider95) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 10:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am really considering laying down to get the new 05 vette. Hence, why I have no money for a boat. I had a real good lead on a 89 sunport, but it got sold.

Is it me or does the boats in florida seem to be a little cheaper in price. Everyone around here wants way above nada for their old inboard, but florida prices seem about right.

I saw an ad for a 96 Prostar 205 for 11,000, called and it was sold on the first day and the lady had been getting tons of calls.

By Robert (ag4ever) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 2:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Might be that most boats in florida have been extensivly used on salt, and the boats in a landlocked state have never seen salt and are in much better shape.

My boat has only seen a little brackish water, and as soon as I saw the tale-tale signs of salt, I was outa that water.

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 7:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
From my experience, or at least within Alabama, there are far fewer boats for sale and in turn fewer inboards for sale, so it seems in Florida, more boats, usually means more competitive pricing. I know where a nice Sunsport is if that is what you are pursuing. It is at American Boat Brokers in Buford, GA, do a search on BoatTraderonline.com for Supra's in GA and it will show up

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com