Marlin skier??????? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Marlin skier??????? « Previous Next »
By Brett Yates (polarbill) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 1:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anybody know about these? I have heard that they use another boats molds. Does it throw up a decent wake when weighted?

By Moe Schlabach (moe) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 2:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've seen one quite a bit here at our lake, Looks a lot like late '80s- early '90s Malibu skier. The guys that have it only slalom and barefoot, so i don't know about the wake.

By AMPallas (sulmaxwell) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 8:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I rode behind a mid 80's Marlin Skier @ McCormicks Ski School in FL in 97
www.skimccormick.com
They had it sitting on their 2nd lake weighted with an extended pylon in case anyone wanted to wakeboard..landed my first flip behind it....Back then Jeremy Kovack(90's wakeboard pro..one of the first!) trained there from time to time and I saw him do every trick in the book behind the same boat..Very impressive! The boat is very similar to an American Skier Advance...Solid construction and Great wake...2- 500lbs fat sacs running up the sides beside the engine box and a "ten Foot Pole" it totally did the trick!..It sat there and pulled wake boarders all day as well as a couple footers who would pop by for a mid afternoon boom session, I even ran the course(slalom)behind it ,,made me have faith in the durability and longlastingness of boats!I will try to scan some shots as I have no digi's of the boats

(Message edited by sulmaxwell on March 02, 2004)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com