2004 super air nautique Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » 2004 super air nautique « Previous Next »
By brian vannatter (natter) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 6:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
just bought a 2004 super air nautique with the factory ballast of 850 pounds. wanted some feedback of who owns an air nautique and how much additional wieght you add.

By John R (zigzagsd) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 7:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
update your profile!! it still shows your old boat.

i have a 2002 SAN -- we add a 70 - 80% full fat sack in the bow and two side sacks over the wedge tanks in the back. that gives the wake a very good shape. i think the front sack is 600 lbs total and the side sacks are about 250 a piece.

hope this helps -- even with factory ballast, you'll be happy.

By Kirk Bailey (riderx77) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 4:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i took out the hard tanks and put in 600# bags in the back. 550 in the locker and 240 in sand in the bow.

kb

By Luke Tingley (cryptic22) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 4:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We run full factory ballast,
2 - 250# sacs on top of the rear tanks
1 - 750# sac through the walkway/nose
And anywhere from 2-5 people.

By GRAMPS (akman) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 9:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
400lbs of lead under the front bow cushion
150lbs of lead over each rear hard tank
80lbs of lead in the cabin area to move around for fine tuning + stock team ballast tanks.
The rider is 6 foot and at 80' there is one passenger and the driver, the wake is clean, firm and has good transition.

By dane (greatdane) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 10:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Beautiful wake.

By JZwake (jzwake) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
500 lbs sack over both hard tanks (flat tanks), no belly tank so 500lbs sack in there. Fat buddie in bow. 2003 Limited.

We ride in brackish(sp?) water so We need the extra weight to get the boat down. Our wake looks like gramps. When we go to some fresh water we normally don;t fill the back sacks all the way up, maybe about 75%, unless we are short on people.

(Message edited by jzwake on March 01, 2004)

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 6:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brian, I would strongly recommend copying Gramps' setup outlined above. As you can see from the picture, the wake is perfect.

By John Sorensen (johns) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 7:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Somewhat similar to Gramps setup:

260lbs of lead in the nose
290lbs evenly around the cockpit area.
Stock Ballast

Couldn't ask for anythign better
John S.

By Tommy (laptom) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 11:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much is stock front and rear (400 front and 2x225 rear??) ?
Planning on 550 in ski locker and 2x440 in the backlockers ... Perhaps to much in the back?

By John Sorensen (johns) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tommy, someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe its

300lbs Ffont tank
260lbs aach rear tank
= 820lbs Total Stock Ballast

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 1:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Beautiful wake Gramps, but, you need to put a little makeup or something on the rider. Just teasing Brian....

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 2:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah it's a good thing you don't need looks to be a decent rider!

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 2:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rod, your right my Biatch is looking a little pale in that picture.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Grampa

You are = You're, not your.

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks BIATCH!!!

If I you gave me a quarter each time you phucked up a sentence or misspelled a word, I would have paid off my boat in less than a year.

By bill montanye (bill) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 3:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Blabel and Gramps,

i sure hope you know each other like i suspect since you all from the same area,if not its really more funny that Blabelmooch says he hates super airs in his profile..:-)

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 3:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Knock it down to 2 months for every time you phucked up!

Bill, we used to ride together but he mooched too many pulls off my Super Air and I had to kick his arse.

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 3:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bill, I am his father!

I haven't screwed up nearly as much as you......

Don't forget about San V......locking the keys in the car, spilling colored M&M's in my boat, leaving a banana peel in my boat, dumping sand in my boat from out of your shoes, bending my prop........need I go on??

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 3:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
great stuff

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 4:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds like the Jerry & Ralph show, in one long weekend Jerry:
Crushed my tool box with the truck
Beached the boat and put the first scratch on the hull (real small)
Locked the truck up at the boat ramp with all the windows still down. We didn't find out until a fellow boater told us after hours of riding.
He's still the best boat buddy I've got tho!
It was worth him messing up just so I could bust his balls all weekend.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 4:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hmmm, prop was you, banana was someone else, ok I locked the keys in Melissa's car, and the sand was planted by you so it would dump into your boat!

Let's get a partial list of Grampa moves.

1. Overtighten oil filter wrench so it shatters when you take it off.
2. Spill 5 quarts of oil into the bottom of your boat eventually running onto your driveway and grass.
3. Put pin striping on your gel coat by running into the doc not once but twice. (Second time you coasted into the dock at a good clip and just shut the motor off)
4. Reminding me to flip the perko switch to off every time I step foot in your boat only to have you forget one night and have the batteries drained in the morning.

Ha, you have taught me well. I just need to learn to blame you for the things I do and we'll be even!

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 4:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
fight

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 4:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The oil spill was Ryan's fault he was in charge of the filter....

Breaking the filter the 2nd time was my fault I was gun shy after Ryan tried to kill my lawn and get me in trouble with the EPA so I gave it a good hand tight half turn and another 1/2 with the filter wrench.

The pin striping was your fault you said "I got it" and let me coast into the dock.

I won't go into how crappy you are at helping wax the boat....you SUCK wax everywhere on your side of the boat.

Let me see besides my boat you have backed into YOUR garage with the camper shell window UP and shattered it, tore the hose spigot right out of the ground causing a small geyser that the city crews had to come fix........and you like to dress in WOMEN'S clothes........FREAK!

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 4:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
great stuff

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hmmm, who thought it would be a good idea to slap and orange cone with their hand while on the freeway????

This was probably during the "Slammed Nissan Pickup with a decal of the Tasmanian Devil on the hood" era

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 4:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There's another quarter "slap and orange cone" or slap AN orange cone??

That was also during the gramps mullet era...the days of the mohawk, 3 earings and hair down to my waist days.......damn did I look good rolling in my slammed Nissan with the tunes bumping from my rig.........ah the good old days! I still wear the cool Chuck Taylors for effect!

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
pics please

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris, believe me those are a very sought after commodity that are very well hidden!

That's back in my days of body building, 5'9" 245lbs, mohawk, no hair on my body from shaving, pony tail down to my waste, 2 earings in my left ear and 1 in my right.

The pictures are PRICELESS!

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh come on the pics are all over the net...

gramps

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
lol

By Sean (canaday) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
doesn't this belong in the bling post?

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ahh there he is.

By Bobo (baja) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh Andre, you may have just opened a huge can of miscellaneous parts all over your driveway, I mean worms.

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
...as if I had any hope of preventing that!

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Since we are on the topic of screwing up.....sorry for hi-jacking the thread!

Went over to Andre the Giants house to help him work on his boat since it's been sitting for 6 months. Seems he has forgotten how to drive the Expedition with the trailer hooked up.

First picture is of the fence with me peeking out of the hole that the trailer guides made on the way out.
Next picture is of Andre with the disgusted hand on the head look after realizing he tore part of the fence off.
Next picture is of his rain gutter where he backed the tower into the side of his house.
Geezus Focker!

We won't even go to the pictures of us working on his brakes!!!

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just got worked.

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 5:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All in good fun!

Fun day at the Gigante house yesterday, did some spring maintenance on his ride and had some great food afterwards.

The day was one big comedy after another....

Bobo don't think you are excluded from all this...I just got new sunglasses since my last ones are swimming in the river somewhere.

Bobo decides to check to see if they are scratch resistant and drops them from Andre's boat right on lenses..... now I have some nice scratches in front of my right eye.

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 6:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can take it!

Speaking of glasses, thanks to whoever donated that nice pair to me! I take it you won't be wanting them back since I stretched them out with my Gigante sized head today.

By Gilligan (rymcd007) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 9:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Whoa...back up there Mr. T...errr I mean Gramps

Who was in charge of the filter?

Here is how it REALLY went down that day...so we are over at Aki's place and I'm walking him through how to change his oil. We drain the old oil and remove the filter and here is where the fun starts....

Me: Are you sure that new filter is on there tight?
Aki: Yeah it's on there, I can't turn it any more
Me: Ok then let's add the oil
Aki adds the oil...
Aki: all set
Me: alright then let's fire it up
Aki attaches the hose to the engine and I turn on the water. Aki hops in the driver seat and starts the boat....
Aki: Hey, there's no oil pressure
Me standing next to the boat: That's not good, shut it down!
So I peer down under the boat and what do I see?? It's like the freak'n Exxon Valdez all over again. The oil is pouring out of the bilge plug hole onto driveway. Making a nice oil slick on top of the water from the exhaust...
Aki opens the engine cover and sure enough the bottom of the bilge is covered in oil...
Me: Dude, are you sure you have the oil filter on tight?
Aki: Pretty sure (insert Gramps giggle here)
Me: give me a rag
Sure enough...the filter still had 3/4 of a turn before it was seated
So we proceed to spend the next hour or so cleaning up that Gramplism
Aki: Are you going to bust me on Wakeworld?
Me: Naw man, you are going to get it worse when Laura finds out. That's good enough for me.
Aki: ok cool thanks!
So later that night he gets on line and fingers me as the one who goofed...Niiiiiiice

By bruce walker (bruce) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 9:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where did y'all learn how to back?

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 9:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Okay, let me set the record straight.

The fence damage is from a LONG time ago, when I was pulling OUT and the trailer guide got caught on the fence. No excuse, but it wasn't from backing in and it wasn't from this weekend.

The gutter is from this weekend, when GRAMPS was guiding me back. I have made that turn with the boat probably a hundred times without EVER hitting anything, but this time I trusted GRAMPS and you see where that got me!

And that's the REST of the story...

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 10:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
MR. T: Keep coming! COME ON! YOU GOT IT! HURRY UP, I GOTTA GO EAT! YOU'RE CLEAR!!!

[CRACK/BANG!!!!]

MR. T: WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!!!! HOLD UP!!!!! OH @#$%@#%q!$!$%!@#$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know how you can possibly blame that on me!

By Mike (upupnaway) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 2:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can see the fence getting damaged on the way in, but on the way out? Please explain.

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 3:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alright, Mr. PilingOnFromWonderLake. Fence open to the back. Opened with ends out wider then near the hinge. As you pull out, you have to start banking left before the boat is all the way through the gate so you can't really see the back, opposite corner in the mirror. The guide just barely caught the end of one of the planks and dug in and immediately snapped it.

In short, I Grampled.

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
this thread got me ROLLING!!
thanks guys.

By Mike (upupnaway) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 2:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
DOH!!!!

By John R (zigzagsd) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
aki, i gotta go back up to one of your posts on monday -- you actually get people to help you wax and maintain your boat?!?!? how on earth do you swing that? (coughseancough)

By Sean (canaday) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey I've told you plenty of times that if you name a time and a place, AJ'll be there to wax and maintain your boat.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com