Gatorgrip Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Gatorgrip « Previous Next »
By walt (walt) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 2:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is the best way to cut Gatorgrip ?

By NoneYa (noneya) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 2:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used scissors

By walt (walt) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Was it hard to keep a straight edge ?

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
laser. try a razor or paper cutter. ask funky. he knows.

By walt (walt) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 2:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was going to take it to work and cut it on are cutter but its only 4ft. wide.
So I guess I need to find a long straight edge.

By Levi Cress (levi) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 2:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just drew dashes at the width I needed and used a metal 18" ruler and just kept moving it along the dashed and cut it w/ a Xacto knife. It came out well. FYI - i cut from the back side. I didn't use scissors, but I think they would work well..especially on rounding corners. Just don't let your wife catch you w/ her good sewing shears. :-)

By walt (walt) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 2:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Levi, Do you have the Monster Bimini ?
If so how do you like it ?

By walt (walt) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 2:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the help !

By Levi Cress (levi) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 2:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah..I got the Monster Bimini. I've been really happy with it. It was made top notch and if you already have the little anchor points for the straps to hook on your boat (from a previous bimini)...it takes about 15 minutes to install. Just screw the quick release mounts on the tower, put the bimini on, and adjust the straps and you're in the money. I only have one thing left to do...cut the warning tags off cause they flap in the wind right by your head and that is annoying! BTW, I think it has sunbrella fabric if i'm not mistaken? I got mine in black.

no probs!

By walt (walt) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That looks great Levi !

By Bob (bob) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 7:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i used a razor blade, even with the corners(use a dreinking glass or food storage container lid) for the corners to get the radius right.

By Rich's Rule (gunz) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Levi,you got a side shot of that bimini?
I'd like to see it.

By Levi Cress (levi) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 11:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry Rich..I don't. I definitely should have taken more pics of my boat. And I don't have it close by or I'd snap you one. I imagine they have some side shots of the same brand bimini on www.monstertower.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com