rpm gauge acting up? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » rpm gauge acting up? « Previous Next »
By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 7:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
my rpm gauge seems to work great til around 3000 rpms, then it flips out after that. Once I pass 3000, it goes down to like 2000 and kind of bounces around. Any advice as to whats wrong or how to fix it?

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
how old is your boat? ie points or electronic?

are all the wires tight?

my old teleflex did the same thing, so i replaced it.

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 9:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It is a 1995 MC prostar 205 with indmar efi 350.

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
since you have efi/electronic ignition, it is probably the gauge if the wires look good. pull the gauge and wiggle the wires and see if it fluctuates. if you have a dwell meter with the high rpm scale, you could check the signal at the dash. your ground and power wires for the tach need to be good also.

gauges pop up all the time on ebay, but buying used is always iffy. if it's bad, replace it soon if you like to run at the redline.

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tnaks again Thomas! I'll check it out some more tomorrow.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com