Ready to buy a used boat, suggestions Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Ready to buy a used boat, suggestions « Previous Next »
By Timothy Gramlich (tjgramlich) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 4:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Finally saved up enough money to purchase my first inboard. Looking to spend a maximum of about $20,000. I definatly want a tower, and possibly some other accessories such as Pefect Pass or sacks, so that will be factored in to keep the cost under $20,000 if the boat isnt already equiped. I also definatly want an open bow, capable of producing a decent wake.
So far I've been looking into Sport Nautiques. They seem to fit exactly what I want, but I want to explore every single posibility before I make a purchase. What other boats would be a good wakeboard/family boat in that price range? I'm looking for any suggestions that you guys might have. Thanks!

By Mark Anderson (puckinshat) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 6:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Whats an older X-Star or X-series of any type cost?

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can get a mid to late 90's Malibu Sunsetter for that kind of money. Would do all of what you're asking quite well.

By Timothy Gramlich (tjgramlich) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 7:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone have any pics of 90's Sunsetters?
I've also seen some older direct drive mobius' for pretty cheap. Any one have any opinions on these?

By Tiffanator (ladyboarder) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 8:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi Tim,I have a 1996 Supra Sunsport for sale if you are interested. It has a matching Boss Tower, two launch pads and two waterbed mattresses. Very cool boat, same hull style as the Launch direct drive. $19,000 in Mississippi.
Later
Tiffany

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are a few:

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/2/64639262.htm
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/4/56329524.htm
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/6/65279366.htm
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/4/64042164.htm

The Sunsetter is a great all-around boat. They do everything well, have lots of storage & drive/handle great. We've got friends with a 2001, & my uncle had a '97 (had to get rid of it because of a divorce) & both are great boats.

By Jasen (opsjmo) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 7:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 90 Supra Comp I am trying to sell.. No tower but have extended pylon with board racks.. only asking 8k

By Stan Tannner (sbt3) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 6:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you get a sunsetter make sure the it does not have the diamond hull. This would be the LXI. This is a lifting hull and extremely difficult to get a good wake out of. My friend has one and we run 4 sacs and the wake is still only ok.

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 8:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's a good point. The diamond hull that the LXI is built on is a ski hull & is harder to get a good boarding wake out of. The Sunsetter & Sunsetter LX is the same hull that the current Wakesetter is built on & will reward you with a really nice rampy wake.

By trace (trace) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 10:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
96-98 VLXs can be found for around $20k; same hull as 04 WS VLX.

By FL SurfLover (flsurflover) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 11:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Timothy, if you wakeboard mostly, my advice is to finance just a little more and get a V-drive. Well worth the extra $ for the better wake (requires less ballast weight), better seating, and more floorspace without fat sacs everywhere. I like the vert wake of a Super Sport or SAN, but I definitely recommend spending extra to get a v-drive over a d-drive.

By Timothy Gramlich (tjgramlich) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 4:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Visited several dealerships this weekend. Found a good deal on a leftover new 2002 Moomba Outback LSV. Has anyone had any first hand experience with this boat or riding behind this boat? How it rides and handles. I'd love to go demo it but unfortunatly the lakes are still iced over here in the northeast!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com