6 1/2" Tower Speakers? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » 6 1/2" Tower Speakers? « Previous Next »
By Todd Hudson (hudsonjt) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has anyone used Rockford Fosgate speakers on a tower? I am interested in the RF Punch 4015 6 1/2" speakers and was wondering about the sound quality and if they would survive the marine life. Any suggestions on other 6 1/2" speakers would be appreciated. I am planning on adding an amp as well.

By Andrew Adams (wolfpack) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 4:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kicker marine 6.5

By Ral (mc_driver) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 11:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have four HPC-1206's (HPC-2206, now). I chose these because they have the polyurethane,titanium, something cone that, to me, offers better water resistance. So far they've been through two rainy seasons, plus the storm that blew thru here today, and still look and sound good. Here's what they look like in the cans:

By Todd Hudson (hudsonjt) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 4:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you have an amp driving the RF HPC-1206's? If so, what type of amp? Do you have a separate battery for this system? I am afraid that an amp may pull to much power from my boat battery that is used to crank the boat. I would hate to get stuck on the lake due to using my stereo system.

By Ral (mc_driver) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 4:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm actually using one channel of the stock Clarion amp to drive the tower speakers, the other to drive the boat speakers. I have a second amp driving subs. Using one battery (don't normally play music for long periods of time with engine off)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com