tower speaker box Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » tower speaker box « Previous Next »
By dave powell (pjdave) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 2:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So Ive given up for the moment on my tower box, got to understand its summer here and time for riding. Anyway we rigged up some pods to get some tunes in the boat. I am totally stoked on how the rider can now here the speakers.

By Brad Duffy (the_madness) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 2:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What are you running for speakers there?

By dave powell (pjdave) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
At the moment on the tower we are running 4 clarion 6" and 2 1" throat eminence compresion drivers with horn extentions. Apart from the standard 6 kicker 6"s we are also running clarion 15",12"and 10" subs.

By Brad Duffy (the_madness) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you think the compression driver is a big factor in the rider being able to hear the music? How much power are you running o the tower? By the way cool setup.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave Dammmmmm I thought you were going to beat me when it came to getting your box done before me. If your box is in the same state as in the photo Im leading the race by a nose,

Do us all a favor and help us get threw the cold and post some photos of you out on your SAN
Cheers mate"

By dave powell (pjdave) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hell yeah now that Ive finally (project started in november) got these compresion horns up on the tower I am happy. Our old setup was simular but had no horns and i was hard to hear from 80 foot, now it is clear. The horn idea came from this forum and is well worth it, do a search for eminence and you will find a whole discusion on them.

By dave powell (pjdave) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant did end up coming down under over new years?

heres a pic from yesterday, liquid force/obrien riders day. We had Shawn watson, Shane bonifay, Mellissa marquet, Daniel Watkins, Ike, Jeff Weatherall, Dave Issacson and Gator all out riding for photos

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bad Ass! Dave we went to Mexico instead of comming down. How far did you say you were from Sidney

By dave powell (pjdave) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wrong pic , but all good heres another

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey dave did you see this speaker box?

By dave powell (pjdave) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im 10 hours drive or an hour flight, 30 minutes from the gold coast. Im headed over your way ( sort of) in april. im moving to kelowna, Canada for 9 months, should be making it down to cali to check out some tour stops.

By dave powell (pjdave) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Now that box is tight, who sell those, and what are they running in it

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
well if you in my neck of the woods lets hook it up where your around

www.svtsupercharged.com/trip

By dave powell (pjdave) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ohh to get back to the subject, even though it is an older pic of the speaker box, your are still winning

By dave powell (pjdave) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
cool will do grant

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I found the photo's here

http://messageboard.wakeworld.com/MB/discus/messages/3183/100276.html?1077665856

By Travis Valtierra (cali_rider) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 5:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
well well well look who i found, what up White chocolate? Its travis, clays friend from the lake...hows that box coming out?

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 5:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wasss Up travis,

To everyone who dosent know Travis he is a Film student, In his spare time he makes some killer Grils Gone wild meets Wakeboard video meets Crusty Deamond of Dirt Video meets Paris Hilton Video's How about posting some

By Travis V (cali_rider) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 6:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh for sure you know what up on the videos....i'll be workin on a documentry in three weeks, but i need riders man, but ya is there a site i can post my videos, iwill be down?

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 7:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wish I would have finished my box. I was building one to hold a 12 in ID Max in the middle with 4 7 inch Dynaudios and 4 tweeters. Someone with the time should focus on getting a sub up there and run it three way on an electronic crossover with 4 7 inch mids and 4 tweeters. The tweets don't need to be compression really because they get loud enough. The 7 inch Dynaudios are long throws and would be the on a tower, especially with a dedicated sub for lows. That would be one loud set up.

By jan w (jwag) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anybody have a site that explains how to lay fiberglass like the box in Grant's post? Do you start with styrofoam and shape it; then lay the glass over it? There has to be a message board somewhere; I have yet to find it though.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
jan w,
I should have an article finished in the next few days that will help you.
I will post a link when complete.

KG

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Jan I found some great photos and How to type of information from the www.Alpine website you can look threw hunderds of photos of the Project Civic in the demo car section, where they show how they show start to finish the fiberglass speaker boxes. I know your not going to do anything as crazy as that but It gives you a great feel for how things work. let me know If can help you with what ever information I can, you know my #

Doug why dont you finish your tower box I would love to see/hear what a sub sounds like in a tower. That would be crazy, Check out the New issue of Car Audio there is a Ford-F150 harley with a Arc audio system, I got some great Ideas guess what my next project is?

(Message edited by whitechocolate on February 26, 2004)

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 11:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave More photo's Please its cold here

By dave powell (pjdave) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 3:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will post some after the weekend. We are organizing the last Australian pro tour stop this weekend on the gold coast, there is a whole lot of talent in town so there will be some good riding

By jan w (jwag) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Grant, that is exactly what I needed. That civic is disgusting; unbelievable work. Should be a piece of cake now, lol. Damn, all I want to build is a speaker box.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 9:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
article not quite finished...but here are the pics!
2003 TOWERBOX There are well over 100 pics here, so 56k beware!
KG

By Steve Autry (whitevlx) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 7:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's one I built for a guy...
SonicWake by TyteBox

By Steve Autry (whitevlx) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 7:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
And the other side
SonicWake by TyteBox

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 8:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant. Saw the Harley Arc Audio stuff. I love those Rainbow speakers.

By A. P. (bigdad) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 11:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Kevin,

Nice work on the box. I noticed you are using those "lighting" clamps for the speaker box. Can you tell me how you like them? How secure are they and do they fit the tower okay? And last question is where did you get them?

Thanks

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes I liked that set up The door speaker posd were very nice and the centr coloum in the back was out of controle, Im gonna do somthing like that only with 2-12's

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 8:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A.P.
The clamps are great! They work flawlessly and hold VERY well! They were easy to work with, and all aluminum so they won't rust. They fit the tower on my 2001 MC perfectly.
They are very secure and don't rattle at all. You can tighten them as hard as your hand will get them, but if they did come loose, they have a little lip that will continue to hold the wing-nut that tightens it. You really have to loosen them to get them to come off.
I got them from www.centerstagelighting.com
They are the Elation Pro Clamps.

I totally recommend them for someone that wants a "removable" solution.

KG

By A. P. (bigdad) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 9:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was wondering about them. I was concerned that they would be too loose because they say they are for a 2" pipe. I know my tower diameter is 1 5/8". I think MC is 1 3/4" or so. So if you say they are tight on your tower they should be okay on mine. But let me know if your tower is a different size.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 4:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think they should fit. if not, you can always wrap the tower in cloth or canvas and tighten down on that. don't quote me but I think you might be able to get a 1.75 inch clamp like mine from the same ppl.

Just call and ask for I think greg or craig or john (can't really remember his name right now) but I talked him thru what I was doing and he helped considerably.

KG

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com