buying a boat in us and bring it to c... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » buying a boat in us and bring it to canada « Previous Next »
By jamie (feere2084) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I want to buy a used boat but find that their are more deals in the us what do i have to do to bring it back to canada. what kind of tax and stuff do I have to pay.

By Andrew Adams (wolfpack) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 1:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wouldn't think you have to pay a tax, other than whatever taxes canada would charge you when you register it up there.

By Kyle (hamkj) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
have fun bringing it over the border... you will have to have a bill of sale... and then you will pay gst on the cdn equivalent... and then when you register it... you will pay the pst on the cdn equivalent...

i think to be on the safe side.. find a boat broker or find a boat in the states and ask the dealers how they bring a boat back over the border...

my dealer buys boats every month from the states and brings them up... but they have a boat broker too who they go through i think...

why not buy a boat.. spend a little extra and buiold a good relationship at a good dealer... you will be happier in the end...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com