23' Supra??? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » 23' Supra??? « Previous Next »
By Karuna Hoover (bigwavehoover) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 11:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been told by a few people that Supra has a 23' boat in the works similiar to the Moomba XLV. I called Skiers Choice with no resolution. I am planning on purchasing a new SSV this summer and will be pretty upset if a new 23' is offered. Anyone have any information on this?

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 1:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I talked to the Supra rep at length this weekend at the KC Boat Show and he said nothing.

By Drifter (drifter) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They will not release what will be out next year or no one would by a new boat this year. Just like everything else there will always be something bigger and better out the next year. You either want a boat now or next year if you wait it may or may not be out you take the chance or hell buy the moomba if you want the big boat this year.

By Brad (bradstang) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 7:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I heard the same rumor last month, but talk is very cheap

By J Brockett (got_wake) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 7:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, here it is, but no specifics ... it is actually a 24' Supra. Not meant to overtake the SSV in the Launch line, more of "just a big Supra." It is still in the prototype phase, but who knows when it will be released.

Aight.

By bill montanye (bill) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 7:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
didnt supra have a 23ftr back in the late 80s early 90s??maybe the Soltare' or something??

i remeber they had something like that so it wouldnt be too hard to bring that mld back and tweak it to meet the wakeboard market....

By bill montanye (bill) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 8:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bam found one its an 86 looks like abogs ass old sunsport aka Launch DD...454 big boy engine and all...

http://www.southwindsmarina.com/1986_supra_23_soltare.html

By Chris Wilson (willy) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 5:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had this same boat, a 91 supra soltare 23' w/ 454 carb engine. I love the quality ride, rough water handling, I assume because of the deep v you can notice in the pic posted by Bill. It could produce a moster wake, I believe it was produced as an actual barefoot boat, but I decided to well this boat in 2001 and purchased a 2001 supra launch direct drive, due to gas comsuption of the 454. If Supra produces another 23' boat with the newer engines for better gas comsuption, and keeps it within mean of price range, it will rule the market. The reason is, all of us love the big wake, but we know our boats do not handle rough water real well. I guess we will have to wait and see.

By 3D (str8jkt) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 9:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had an 86 Saltare, LOVED IT! Great wake shape and size. 454 and all, let it eat!!

By Whirlybird (switch) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is what I have on the new Supra, it was in a wakeboard mag. hope it helps...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com