Best Tower Speakers & Lights Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Best Tower Speakers & Lights « Previous Next »
By Brian Ross (bross) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 2:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Right now I have a pair of the original Wake Tubbies from Wake Desgin. I need some of the new sweet stuff. My budget consists of about $2000. I have a Barewest tower that is chrome and sweet with a built in bimini. So far this is my favorite setup. Any other suggestions. I also have looked at the Defcon speaker line

speaker setup

By b (banks) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 3:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
boss accessories are supposedly the best right now.

By Jay Reese (jayreese) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You might want to try Lightning Accessories I have them on my boat and they look awesome and sound even better. WWW.lightningaccessories.com

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Holy crap! Is that a black deck?

By Jay Reese (jayreese) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No Scott just bad lighting. Its light grey and it was just about to rain when I took the picture

By BoobsAREcool (magellan) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 8:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have heard great things about Fusion. Someone on here has their stuff on an X2 and says it sounds awesome. From the pics, it is the best looking stuff I've seen.
Plus it's a bit cheaper than Boss.

By D O double G (d_o_double_g) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 8:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Mako setup is def. the way I would go, and it comes in well under your budget if you order it from the right place.
Fusion is another sweet setup, and it should run you about the same as the Mako from Wakeside.com. (Word is some guys left Boss and started their own company...Fusion) For more info on Fusion, email them at sales@fusionsports.com to find a local dealer. If you can't find one close, let me know and I will hook you up with my local dealer.
Here's a pic if you're interested:

(Message edited by d_o_double_g on February 23, 2004)

By Blake (x10wakerider) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 9:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
do double, where did you get that light bar? Ive been looking for a mastercraft one and that looks pretty close.

By Wakeside.com (wakeside1) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 11:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Take a look at the new Titan Alpha I and Alpha II's. Titan has designed a completely new tower speaker systems this year.

This new tower speaker system is bound to turn some heads. They are 100% chrome so they look much better in real life than you can do justice with an image.

Titan Alpha Series II Wakeboard Tower Speaker System

They have been upgraded to MB Quart since this image was taken.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/titan_wakeboard_tower_speakers/titan_alpha_II_tower_speakers

Mike

By D O double G (d_o_double_g) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 5:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Blake,
That picture is an all-Fusion setup.

By NAW (ripr) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I personally like the integration of the speakers and lights into one bar.
The chrome Mako set up is the way to go, IMO...but I'm a little biased.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 9:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Interesting. Those fusion lights look identical to the Boss 4 light bar. If you want to save a lot more money, buy those nice speaker cans on ebay, install top of the line speakers and match them with a strong amp, and buy a light bar of your choice. A little more work, but you can potentially get better sound and save more money.

Otherwise, that Mako set up is sweet. You may want to talk to Tom at Lightning Accessories. From what I hear, they are coming out with some new products that are supposed to be awesome.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 12:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Having a $2000 budget for tower speakers and lights is sweeeeet!! I saw the Fusion speakers at the Atlanta Boat Show and they were the best looking tower speakers I've seen. The detail of the machining was beyond impressive, looked like one of those parts you put on the CNC machine as you leave for the day and hope it's done when you get back the next morning. Did not get to hear them but they pass the "serious bling" test.

A buddy of mine bought the Boss 653's with the MB Quart Premium speakers last year and they definately rock! That would about eat up your $2,000 budget.

There are a lot of new products expected on the market that are based on "Pro Audio" components you may want to check out. The Nvert speakers look pretty sick and they use JBL Pro Audio components. Duane on this board has some coming out. There is a local guy here working on an incredibly sick fiberglass enclosure with super high end components and integrated lights I could hook you up with if interested. He's just getting going. Here's a picture if I did this right:

Worth plugging our new Evid speakers. They are from ElectroVoice which only makes audio for open air environments and we had them out last Friday and were amazed - Crystal clear and loud for a LONG distance. I'm stoked to get some of these out there so if anyone is intersted in them contact me. The dont pass the billet bling test but they look good and I'd put them up against any car audio based tower speaker up to twice their cost for sound level and quality(oooohhhh I'm going to regret that)

I would definately say by the end of this year tower speakers that require boat passengers to wear hearing protection will be readily available!

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 1:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Monster do you have any more photos of the fiberglass speaker box you have posted above??

By BoobsAREcool (magellan) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 3:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think the fiberglass enclosures look horrible on towers. My opinion of course.
That Fusion setup is bad ass.

By Steve Autry (whitevlx) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 7:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey there everyone, one of my customers mentioned that he found out about my company from this forum. Seeing as there was some other products posted here I thought I might show off one of our customs. Thanks
SonicWake by TyteBox
www.TyteBox.com

(Message edited by whitevlx on February 25, 2004)

By Steve Autry (whitevlx) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a shot from the back. BTW the box is designed to hold a pair of 6.5" components in front and one of the following 2 pairs of 6.5" components and flared ports (we are using Koda Midbass for this, hence the ports), or 2 pairs of 6.5" and 1 pair of 6x9 speakers.
SonicWake by TyteBox
www.TyteBox.com

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 3:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The box posted comes from Audio Video Creations here in Atlanta. The owners name is Mark Mangrum ((770) 906-7331). He does most of the real high end wakeboat audio systems for the dealers in the area and he did all the audio wiring in our boat. Great guy that does great work.

I think he's built about a half dozen of his new creation and is still trying to get everthing in the supply chain worked out so he can ramp up and start selling outside the local market.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are those Halo type lights in that speaker box?

By richard holmgren (gundogg) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 9:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the LED lights that are pointed down into the boat on the Mako Setup...Does anyone know where to get LED Lights like that? I would like to install something similar on a light bar I am building

By D O double G (d_o_double_g) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 10:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
To my knowledge, Mako is the only mfg with led pods in production. However, with all the talent floating around that can make nice speaker cans, etc, I would imagine somebody could machine a set fairly easily.
It may also be worth an email to Mako to see if they would be willing to sell them separately..??

By Neil fett (bigasswake) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 10:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know how to get the led's into the boat!

By D O double G (d_o_double_g) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 11:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How could I forget the LED master?? Boat is looking sweet Neil... can't wait to see it pimp'n down the Vine!!
How are you securing the led clusters to the tower?

By richard holmgren (gundogg) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I too would like to know how you secure your LED Clusters to the tower or light bar.

By John Hovde (mastercraft7100) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 6:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Neil fett (bigasswake) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 7:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
#4 stainless steel screw's size 1/8 or magents, or build an encloser just like mako has. There are many options. And I can make any of them possible.

By Neil fett (bigasswake) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 4:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The easy way out is a zip tie.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 9:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Neil, if you make some killer LED's enclosed like Mako has for the tower/light bar, and figure out a way to attach to the tower, I would bet they would sell like hotcakes. Those are sweet!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com