Anybody using I Pods or Mp3 players? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Anybody using I Pods or Mp3 players? « Previous Next »
By stephen (scubastevebps) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 10:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looking to use either an I Pod or Mp3 player for the sound system to keep the music rollin. Just wondering if anybody is using these on their boats and how they like them.

By Cam Warner (cam_warner) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 11:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do a search, there's been a few threads on this before. But anyway, I have an iPod and really like it. No complaints so far, and it's really nice because it doesn't ever skip or anything. I have a 15 gig model, and it holds about 3000 songs, which is plenty for me.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 6:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the exact same as Cam. I love it.

By Kirk (kirk) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ipod 10gig. I dont even carry Cd's anymore. I have it wired for my truck and boat.Just plug and play.Sort by genre, artist etc...
It rocks.

By badzuki (badzuki) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I use my laptop. Much better for finding the songs you want and creating playlist. I figured why spend the money on an Ipod when I can have another laptop. We have even watched a movie or two before. Just my opinion

By matt moss (mossy44) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
for those that are using their ipod, have you lost much sound quality when you turn the volume up? i am assuming you lose a little bit, but enough to make you not want to turn the volume up?

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We don't run the factory Clarion stereo we are using the Sony CDX-MP80. By using this head unit we can keep the I-Pod volume @ 1/2 to 3/4 and boost the signal through the head unit(AUX gain control)...sounds great...plays loud.

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 20gig model from Gateway. It takes WMA files directly which is why I picked it over the IPOD. Also has a really nice adjustable built in MIC for recording voice. (16hrs of voice per gig) So far the battery life had been amazing. Well over the advertised 10 hours of play time between charges.
http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessoryStore/Consumer+Electronics_381930/Audio_381931/MP3+Players_316716/MP3+Players_316717/7004768_proddetail.htm?ref=merch

By Craig Wilson (caval) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been using a 30g IPod for the last season. Extremely happy with it. Got a Clarion FM Modulator to get it into the stereo system. Sounds great! I've got my entire CD library loaded into it. Probably am going to by the power adapter so I can just plug it into the Cig Lighter.

(Message edited by Caval on February 23, 2004)

By matt moss (mossy44) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 10:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
zedz - i was planning on getting the same head unit. thanks for the info.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 6:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
short battery life is my one disappointment with my I-pod. I think they advertise 8 hrs but I'm lucky to get 3 or 4.

By stephen (scubastevebps) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sweet. How's the sound quality on the I Pod?

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 7:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Another model to look at to would be the iRiver IHP-120 or IHP-140. Most people don't know about this unit, but it is the same size as the iPod, the battery life is 16 hours (documented and long term), it has an fm radio, and is less money. I know a few people who have them and love them.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4505-6490_7-30571493.html?tag=search

Just another model to look at. If iPod had an fm tuner, I would have gotten one of those. I want FM when I am at the gym to tune into the tv's.

By Cam Warner (cam_warner) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sound quality is pretty good.....I've never had any distortion. Monster Cable makes an adapter that goes from your iPod to the RCA inputs on a head unit, and that offers great sound quality for the price. I think i paid only like 30 bucks for the adapter...

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 6:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 15g dell jukebox, awesome in the boat, truck whatever. I use the fm modulator which works ok....sometimes it picks up a little static but most of the time it works perfectly.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 6:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
here is a pic

By Jay Preston (redram9873) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 7:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The '04 Mastercraft boats have the new Clarion head unit that has and aux input so that you can plug the iPod or MP3 right into it. That's the way that I am going to do it.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt- you wont look back. There are a ton of features built into that deck and cost is resonable.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, look on ebay. I bought my MP80 a year ago for $250. I have XM radio on it, a driver and transom marine remote, and am hooking up auxillary outputs as well. The controls are funky, but it is a great value for the money.

By matt moss (mossy44) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 11:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for the info fellas. i saw a long time ago someone had this remote. this will go in the same place on my xstar that my current remote is. the only thing i dont like though is that it doesnt have a the screen that shows you what is playing.

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/items_html/MRC2.html

zedz - what year is your MC? what remote do you have?

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 11:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt - You name the year and it is probably here! I work at a dealership...we use the Sony round remote (with digital display) for the armrest and the MRC2 on the transom. We stopped using Clarion long ago...why? Sounds terrible, costs more than top of the line audio gear and in my opinion looks like crap. Other than that it was fine . We use only the Sony head units and remotes with JL Audio amps, subs and speakers. Oh, and the Monster Cable adapter works great! Good luck and enjoy.

By matt moss (mossy44) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 1:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
zedz - you know the model # for the remote? or know where i can look for it? it is compatible with the MP80, right? thanks for the help. i agree....gotta get rid of this clarion.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 5:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, this is the remote I use for the driver and transom:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HjBi4La5htI/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=158rmxm10b

I searched around and found them for about $100 per remote.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 6:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt - Brent hit it on the nose. We use the Sony MXM for the armrest...DON'T use it on the transom! They say it is waterproof, but...well lets just say we only use it on the arm rest. The MRC2 is great on the transom...no failures to date.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Someone had posted a link to a dash panel you could use to have a finished input point. Anyone recall that?

By Levi Cress (levi) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
look for posts by Grant (Whitechocolate). He's the one and made one for his ride and he runs with an IPOD. He also whipped something up that allows you to hook 2 boats systems up and run off on one head unit to have the same music on boat boats while tied up.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 1:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://messageboard.wakeworld.com/MB/discus/messages/3183/90773.html

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com