Centurion Lightning Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Centurion Lightning « Previous Next »
By Jasen (opsjmo) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 1:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Any opions on this boat? Likes, dislikes and pricing?

By Chad (healing) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 4:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 2004 lightning is the same boat as last years hurricane just different name.

Price low to mid 30's with tower center ballast bimini, boat cover, 350mpi 315 hp tandem trailer.

pull out carpet (easily cleaned)
ICS construction (solid boat solid ride)
Paddle wheel speedo pickup standard (not pitot tube)
Jabsco reversable ballast pump (not aerator pump)
Storage under the spotter seat lifts up (the entire seat, but not like the CC clamshell) I still don't know why more boats don't use this design? (about the only thing I dislike on the VLX)
Mercruiser is easy to drain the water on, 6 thumb screw plugs, Takes less than 10 minutes. Oil changes are also easy, run the drain hose out the bottom of the boat through the drain plug = less mess in boat.
Seat cushions are easily removed to access storage (not so with some boats I have looked at)
Wake is easily built with 1000 pounds of hidden ballast, because it's not 102 inches wide trade off for room though. Still plenty of room for 10.
I will never outgrow the wake skill wise. How many of us are pro's?
The wake will satisfy 99% of the populations riding abilities

Con's
Is not Centurion's hardcore wakeboard flagship boat = less bragging rights (my riding needs all the bragging right's I can get)
Gets more flaming on these boards than it deserves. Watch and see....
oh yeah no playpen bow cushion offered

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 5:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
but it probablly still won't fit in a 7' gaage door

By Jasen (opsjmo) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you it will not fit in a 7 ft garage?

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It will not fit with the factory Tower.
Insall a Monster Tower on either the Avalanche or Lighning and you should be good to go

By Jasen (opsjmo) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That SUCKS!.. Why would they build a boat that wouldn't fit in a typical garage height...

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They don't build a boat that won't fit.
They use a tower that does not fold down past the
wind shield, and they are not alone many manufactures have boat towers that won't fit.
You have an easy option use the Monster Tower not only should it fit you can save some coin.

By Jasen (opsjmo) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What tower is Factory? Proflight?

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am not sure but I believe that is what the West coast plant is using

By Steve (kneebone) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Comes w/ Proflight Swoop tower unless ordered otherwise. Drop the nose all the way down and push it in your garage. It fits.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Never tired that it might work with the lightning, but not on my very slanted drive

By Steve (kneebone) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Too much slope either way makes pushing the boat a bit of a task. I have a friend that has to put the nose of his Supra on a floor jack then push it in the garage.

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jas,
My Hurricane has a Skylon Tower. Matches the windsheild perfectly. By the way. Next sunny weekend, we're hitting the water. Larry will know when. Keep in touch and you can check out my boat to see if you like it.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 8:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
When it is folded down the part that lays back
is not a few inches higher than the windshield?
All of the ones that my dealer sold with Skylons Towers on them where higher than the wind shield when laid down

By Kyle (hamkj) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 10:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jasen,

My dealer in Canada just got a brand new 2003 Hurricane... I guess the story behind it is a guy ordered it and never did show up to pick it up... I think they are selling it for around $34,500 usd. Loaded... Perfect pass, trim tab....etc etc etc....

I dont know much about the pricing on Centurion... but seems like a half decent deal....

By Kyle (hamkj) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 10:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jasen,

Seeing that you are in CA... check out the Supreme V208... my understanding is that... the V208 has been popular because of the garage issue.... where as their V220 was a tad long to fit in the garage...

Take off the Swim Platform and it comes with a swing away tongue and collapsable tower... it just may do the trick...

Check one out!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com