wakeboard boats handling rough water Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » wakeboard boats handling rough water « Previous Next »
By jamie (feere2084) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 10:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'am thinking about getting a wakeboard boat but they don't look like can handle the rough water. Do they have a "V" bottom haul. I go in lake ontario so i need one that handles the choppy water well thanks

By b (banks) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 10:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tige' has a V hull. I have a 21i and it handles rough water pretty well. A buddy of mine has a 20ft mastercraft and he can only go like 10 to 15 in the water when its really bad where as i can go 20-22. And, on my lake it can get almost like the ocean. Lake Murray is a big lake and by the damn it gets really bad when its windy. I had a 21ft off-shore fishing boat, my Tige' doesn't handle as well as it did, of course, but its about as close as you can get, IMO, with an inboard boat. And, it handles rough water better than my other buddies Super Air Nautique

By Kyle (hamkj) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jamie,

Take a look at the Ski Supreme V230... it is a big lake.. wakeboard specific boat... deep V hull and handles rough water like a dream... Low seating and high freeboard... keeps you nice and dry... and safe...

Hope that helps...

By John Kittler (justridin) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 5:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tige 22v, 24v, or 22i are unbeatable in this respect. Heavier than most, trimable hulls, deeper interiors, and a decent amount of entry V. I got caught in a minor storm on Lake Powell a couple years back in an inboard MB Sport that was a real uncomfortable ride. By the time we got back it had been pounded so hard that one of the swim step brackets snapped off. I would not worry about a big lake quite as much in my Tige but they are still wakeboard boats which cannot, do not, and never will, "handle rough water like a dream" as Kyle says his boat does. I know you are excited about your new boat Kyle but really....

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 5:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't really know about that, John. My SAN take the chop way better than my Eliminator ever did.

By b (banks) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 6:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
fact for fact the boats aren't going to handle as well as a non-specific wakeboard or slalom ski boat, example being boston whaler. Sorry but its not gonna happen anytime soon. The day for these boats to meet up with a Boston Whaler is not here.

By Will Bazeley (bazel) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jamie,

Do you ever ride the old Welland Canal. Great water and it is very smooth. It would only be a 45 min drive or so. I grew up in Hamilton and when I go back to visit that is where we went!!

(Message edited by bazel on February 22, 2004)

By Kyle (hamkj) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 10:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jamie,

I went with the Supreme V220... due to the fact I wanted Supreme's best boat for wake performance.. IMO. The V230 is a big boat... 23' long, 100" wide, and 4100lbs... deep v-hull... so it takes alot more weight to get a big wake... but it allows you to cruise the rougher waters with some comfort...

Of course, other boats will offer better wake performance with less tinkering around... but the V230 was designed for the bigger rougher waters...

The one nice thing is the value you will get out of Supreme....

An absolute fully loaded boat for under $59,000 cdn.... heater, shower, adjustable trim tab, tandem trailer, power rear hatch, PerfectPass, Faria Pilot 1, Custom graphics, full color hull gel coat, one piece windshield, clarion sound system, tower, racks, covers, gear reduction, pop up cleats, dual gas fills, dual batteries, dual ballast with dash gauges, lifetime hull warranty, 3 yr carpet warranty, 5 year upholstery warranty.... and more....

I think that is great value....

There are a lot of boats to choose from when you get over the $50,000cdn range...

Test drive all of them... in the conditions you think you may encounter.....

Go with the one you like the best!

Good luck!

By tre (tre) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Some wakeboard boats are better then others - but I have not found one as good as a comparable I/O.
We have a Supra Launch which a lot of people claim will handle rough water. I think it is horrible on our lake when it is rough. We have been in friends X-Stars, SAN's, and VLX's on our lake and they are all terrible in rough conditions. No experience with Tige though. That is my 2 cents. Flat bottoms = bad in rough water = good wake for boarding. We use our 21 foot sea ray i/o during the day when the lake is rough. We only use the Supra to wakeboard in the mornings before the lake gets rough. The Supra puts out a MUCH better wake though.

By z (klk) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 10:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
just so you know tige' does not have a flat bottom. thanks for not bashing that which was not known.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com