Display your boards in style Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives » Archive through July 09, 2003 » Display your boards in style « Previous Next »
By Shanda Doughman (shanday) on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 1:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How would like a sweet way to display your boards in the off season? I recently designed and built a board rack for my husband. It holds up to 6 boards and has storage space for boots/ropes etc... I would love to provide the wake world with a piece of furniture to display their pride and joy!!! Drop me a line if this idea strikes a cord.....shanday@fiberpipe.net

By J-Rod (jarrod) on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 1:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Let's see it. You got pics?

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 1:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Post a pic or two here. We all love to see innovative storage devices.

By Shanda Doughman (shanday) on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 1:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm working on the pics thing... I'll try to have 'em posted this evening... hang on guys they're coming....Thanx for the interest!!!

By Gerald Slomka (sloshake) on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 6:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What if you just have one board to display?? I was thinking of making some sort of soft hooks to hold the board on the wall like a picture. Wakeboard on one side...Snowboard on the other...

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 6:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds something like a Phat Rack.

www.Wake-Me.com

By David Buswell (masonwakerider) on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 3:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got some screw in hooks and some chain and hung all my boards on the celing in my room. Right now i have the wake/board/skate/surfer, and snowboard all hanging. It saves me a lot of space since my room is small. Plus it looks pretty cool and everyone notices them when the come in.

By Kevin Potter (dba4life) on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 6:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lowe's $5 bike holders is what I use.

By Shanda Doughman (shanday) on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 9:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Okay, I finally have a picture if anyone is still out there. . . . so what do you think????
boardrack

By Nicholas Fain (cheezegritz) on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 11:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
geez, very nice. very nice indeed!!!!

By rootc (rootc) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice Rack. Question Can you put the board in the rack while the bindings are still mounted. - Nice collection of boards.

By Shanda Doughman (shanday) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 9:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My board is the belmont and my boots fit because they fit on the narrowest fitting, but I don't think my husband's fit because his stance is a little wider. I designed this particular rack to display the boards, but it would be easy to make minor adjustments to make the bindings fit as well.

By Bess Marine (xtremebordgurl) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 12:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
VERY NICE :D how much?

By Shanda Doughman (shanday) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
$200.00

By Brandt Culbertson (flipside) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 3:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Call me AR, but I'm a little cautious about something like this w/out having any rubber on the board holders. I'd be afraid they'd get a little scratched....and that's not something I want. Also, I'd definitely like a way to keep my bindings on the board...chalk this one up to pure laziness.

FlipsidE

By Shanda Doughman (shanday) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 8:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dude, I am so ahead of you on this one. The boards are protected. Maybe you didn't see the boards on that rack? No way am I going to risk scratching those babies!!!

By Gerald Slomka (sloshake) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 6:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kevin - Those bike holders are exactly the thing I was thinking of. Thanks for the example. i assume that should work for my snowboard too...cool

By J-Rod (jarrod) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 6:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
great idea Shanda. Might be hard to sell them for 200.00 though. Not that it's not worth it. But there are less expensive solutions out there as Kevin pointed out. I like it better than the Phat Rack if it's any consolation.

By Shanda Doughman (shanday) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 8:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
J-Rod - You're probably right. I just think the other solutions have limitations, (only holds one or two boards, no place to store gear) and I guess that is what I was going for when I designed this one. There are less expensive options, but with that there are less perks!!! Thanx for the vote over the Phat Rack!

By Todd Fish (todd_fish) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Bike holder at Lowes works great.... That's what I used at my old apartment. you can even hang the rope and helmet off of them too.

By Shanda Doughman (shanday) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My thoughts are drifting. . . .What if I published the plans, or say a series of plans with variations? Are there more people out there like me that would rather just make it on their own or is the ready made idea better?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com