I HATE WAKESURFING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives » Archive through July 24, 2009 » I HATE WAKESURFING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « Previous Next »
By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Okay so I dont actually hate wakesurfing, in fact its crazy fun. But I am offically retiring from surfing, not going to let anyone surf on my boat ever again. As everone knows wakesurfing is the biggest rage on the lakes right now (at least in MN), every one and their mom is doing it. Which is great, I love promoting any wakesports.

BUTTTTTTTT - Here's my issue, WTF are they out there surfing for on BUTTER afternoons destroying the whole lake. Its is worse than TUBERS, at least tubers get a whiplash a few times and quit. I went riding last friday morning early 6am, by 10 there were 5 people on 5 different boats surfing, just destroying the butter. This was a butter day where the whole lake was just perfect, just a mirror, but it became roller central because of the stupid surfers. I am getting pissed all over again just typing this. So I guess where I am going with this rant is that wakesurfer at worse than tubers, hell I am starting to think that wakesurfing is the new tubing. Damn, I am pissed. Hope no one else has to deal with this.

Sorry for the Rant...Need to get that out.

(Message edited by andy_nintzel on July 01, 2009)

By jr (romes) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dont worry buddy...you're not alone...a 2 mile long slough of delta mirror can quickly become a rolled out unrideable body of water with one boat surfing. on a windy day when we're huntin for water there will be 2-3 boats surfing in the only rideable water on the entire delta...WTF...

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
EXACTLY! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! YES I AM YELLING!

By Greg "The Hammer" (leaks) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's like back in the day when everyone was slolom skiing, and those "Damn Wakeboarders" started to show up with their big wakes. It's something that we all have to put up with. I'm a Wake Surfer myself, but try to be considerate of the boarders around me. I know its frustrating at times but.....?

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hear you on the anger, but you can't rag on them for being out in the afternoon no matter what the water conditions are. The way I look at it, 7-9 i better not come across any yahoos on the water or I get annoyed, 9-12 is sort of hit or miss depending on the part of the week etc., but past 12 I consider the water fair game for anyone to surf, tube, destroy or whatever.

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
andy, im with you. i wont allow surfing behind my boat anymore, i think its a really fun thing to do and have friends that surf. but they have respect. surfing is a windy day choppy water thing. thats the only time it should be done. for us on the delta its so bad and could be so easy. just go surf down twins or old river. leave vics to the riders. if the surfers had any respect they would go down the windy twisty slues, not vics witch is one of the most perfect spots in the world to ride WAKEBOARDS. i agree its worse than tubing with the rollers they send. if you come down let say a slue that about a mile long and a surfer is half way down it. that entire slue is f-d for a mile. or if its dived by tullies and there coming down the other side. your side will be rolled out all the way down because of the f-ing bow rollers. im with yah on this buddy. love the sport just think the true avid surfers need to show some respect. and if you have never surfed than you dont understand that its always perfect glass behind the boat.

By Miguel (migs) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
ANDY, JR I AGREE!!!!!!
surfin at Vics on the delta - I mean seriously!!!! WTF!!!!!!Are you kidding me???
NO - they must not - cause i got no one in front of me for a mile down at vics, but im still bouncin up and down from the surfer I just passed way back.
you dont need good water at all to surf so GET OUT!
Maybe you should post this in the wakesurfing area.

By Andrea.E. (parkgirl) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
One day last week we were out trying to find a good spot on a windy day. The only glass patch we could find, of course, had 2 surf boats doing power-turns back and forth hogging it all to themselves. I mean they probably didn't know any better but it was SO frustrating. So as we vacated the area my husband drove our fully weighted down boat at 10 miles an hour beside them both and watched as their riders fell down :-) :-) hehehe.

I'm not big into wakesurfing either, but it's easier on my knee, so I'm gonna give it a shot over the next few weeks so I can atleast get in the water.My biggest issue with it is trying to find a place that won't piss anyone off.

By Andrea.E. (parkgirl) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
YES! Agree NO SURFING ON VICS- PLEASE!

Those rollers creep around for miles and never go away. It sucks!

By A-dub (behindtheboat) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
waste of gas, tears up the boat and the water, anyone can do it with little effort, and it gets boring to watch.

I retired it as well, mainly because it's dumb, but I've also seen it trash at least 3 transmissions.

By Greg "The Hammer" (leaks) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
As far as the Delta goes, We stay out of Vics, Railroad, and Twin sloughs. You will only see our ShredStixx boat in Old River,or out behind Bull Frog where it's pretty much fair game anyway.

By jr (romes) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
NO SURFING ON GRANTLINE!!!!! hahaha...take that old river

By Byron (bkoz) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im old, beatup and cant really board anymore but my kids still do. I dont care what the conditions are im surfing. Heck surfing is the only reason I bought a V-drive. So just because someone wants to cry about it messing up THERE water what I should quit having fun doing what I bought the boat for?

By RileyBangerter.net (steezyshots) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's why you have to have a "secret Spot" where only you and your crew ride!

By Inigo Montoya (eyedvride) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Amen, surfing behind a boat, really. Kills the water for everyone, even other wakesurfers.

By Adam Van Dyke (lfadam) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Really? Another "FREAKING ___(insert group of water lovers here)___ ARE RUINING MY WATER" thread? How many more posts until we establish that none of us own the water, that everyone should be considerate, and move on?

By BCH (brhanley) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Friends Don't Let Friends Wakesurf.

By Miguel (migs) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^^^^hahaha i love it.

By Kyle Marriott (kyle_m) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
JrR i totaly agree with the wakesurfing on the delta total went out on monday afternooon when you guys were just pulling into the island and we come around the corner and what do you know everyone was wakesurfing and powerturning out there i took a couple hits and quit riding it was rediculous!

By Randy Scagliotti (wakedad33) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't sugar coat it Andy, tell us how you really feel

By C.I.E.....Evan (guido) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You may not EVER wakesurf behind one of our boats unless you are injured. That's all I have to say about that.

By Scott (K.B.C.) (sperbet) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^^ditto, or you're a hot chick.

Pretty much my biggest pet peeve right now. You're not alone Andy.

By John Gardner (roverjohn) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
"I love promoting any wakesports."
Well Andy, be careful what you ask for. As for me I wish the sport would go away so I could so whatever I want whenever I want. I don't need 'advances' so it works for me. The next new sport will be tsunami creation. Your boat wake is so big everyone surfs it to the shore which then gets washed away along with the lake front homes occupied by people who don't like loud music. Kowabunga dude!

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hmmm personally I love surfing! Yes you can wakesurf in rough water, BUT you can also Wakeboard in rough water....Obivously its not as fun and is harder to land tricks. Same can be said for surfing, its much better surfing butter than blown out chop. Personally I dont surf where there is someone trying to wakeboard in great conditions. However I will NEVER get pissed at someone surfing when I'm trying to board. Thats part of the sport if you ask me. Sharing water, sometimes going out and never finding ridable water etc etc I'm just happy to be out on the boat with friends having a great day! Everyone has just as much right to the butter as I do as long as they are being safe I have zero complaints. That goes for tubers, jetskiers, water skiers etc.. Just seems like it comes off that wakeboarders think they own the water sometimes, I think we all need to think about whats really going on.

By Jay (pwningjr) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's definitely a rough water sport for us. If the water is moderately good we'll be riding.

I figure on the weekends where everyone is tubing anyway (small lake) it isn't doing any harm.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm not a big wakesurfer myself, but I also think it's pretty hypocritical to be telling people when they are allowed to wakesurf and that they can only do it when the water it bad. If it's one of those butter-all-day days, do they just have to come back tomorrow and hope the wind picks up?

The shoe can so easily be put on the other foot where waterskiers, fisherman, bird watchers or whatever are saying the same thing about wakeboarders. We need to be extremely careful that we don't start sounding like the whiny waterskiers that had a cow when wakeboarding first came onto the scene.

The water is for everyone's use; wakeboarders, wakeskaters, waterskiers, tubers, wakesurfers, paragliders, fisherman, swimmers, boaters and even the idiots that don't know why they're out there going fast and making waves. Unfortunately, if youre spot is overcrowded with any of the above (yes, even wakeboarders), it might be time to find another spot.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Riley,

I have lots of secret spots, but I also have the privledge of living on a lake with my boat sitting on my dock. Doesnt get any easier to ride then just jumping in from the dock. I only ride on my lake in the early morning. I dont expect good water after noon ever. If I wanna ride in the afternoons I pull it and trailer to the secret spots.

LET THE WAKEBOARDERS HAVE THE BUTTER!! Like Zach De La Rocha from Rage Against the Machine says, "We gotta take the Power Back." My crew is saying, "WE GOTTA TAKE THE BUTTER BACK!"

Byron -

Surf all you want, I mean no disrespect, gald you got a v-drive, like I said wakesurfing is fun, just let the Die hard early morning riders get the butter first. You can have it after noon! I honeslty structure my life around wakeboarding at crack or Dawn, it takes some serious dedication to go to bed at 9pm so I can preform on the wakestick at 6am. I honestly get up at 430am, go for a run to warm my body up, strech, then get the boat ready and ride by 6am.

By Adam Van Dyke (lfadam) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:11 am:

My Guess would be like 991,312,654,856 more threads until we are done with these as you put it, "WE OWN THE WATER THREADS."

You know I hate these threads too, they suck. Just a Biatchfest. But Man I was heated when I typed this. In the past when I had respect for wakesurfing I would stop surfing the second I saw some one trying to wakeboard, especially if it was in a butter spot.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hope no one really takes this out of context. It's not like I go beat people who surf up, or any other water lovers for the matter. I dont even go yell at people who Poach my line. Lakes dont have lanes like roads, so we cannot act like. I just wanted to state that surfing destroys water.

Sorry I didnt want people to start throwing mud at eachother, that was not my intent, I always regret when I stat threads like these. My bad.-

(Message edited by andy_nintzel on July 01, 2009)

By John Bauer (jonyb) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't surf until the idiots in tubes get there, or the cruisers trying to pull wakeboarders. Then it's game over for them.

By Clint (ttuclint) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dey tuuuk arrrrrr jaaaaahhhhhbs... i mean buuuhtrrr.

By jeffsv211 (jeffsv211) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 11:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Etiquette!!!!! This is not taught to anyone that doesn't understand this thread. All sports have some form of it (golf, you don't stand directly behind someone or walk in their putting line. If someone does this you let them know not to do it again.) why is it not correct for us to explain etiquette in watersports. You can not ruin someone elses day just so you can have yours. If you display the proper etiquette you and everyone else has fun. Respect others!!! If you tube or surf and it ruins anyones elses opportunity to ride and you can perform your sport of choice somewhere else then you have broken etiquette and it should be fixed.

By AtTheLake (bmartin) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 11:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm thinking about upgrading surfboards. PM me with any deals on your boards that you no longer allow on your boat. Already got a slow LF skimskate and a Trickboardz and wouldn't mind getting a big fast board capable of getting air. I promise to only use them at night or after 11A.

Peace.

By bthom (billthom) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 11:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andy Ė I hate it when wakeboarders ruin my good surfing water.

Seriously though, wakesurfing is soooooo much better in smooth water. Whomever thinks it is just a rough water sport is not a very good wakesurfer, in my opinion, so they just donít know the difference. Would you want to board in chop? Neither do I.

I experience this all the time on my home lake, which I live on. I get up at 6 in the morning to get the smooth water too: to wakesurf. As you, I sometimes structure my day around it. Many times at my end of the lake itís nice and smooth, but there is a slalom course near there as well, so we always go away from that area. People still give us looks like we are ruining their water after we just took the time to get far away from the slalom course. Thankfully Iím not a small dude so I stare right back.

As people are saying etiquette is etiquette, and in my opinion driving in a straight line while wakesurfing doesnít screw the water any worse than driving in a straight line while wakeboarding. If anything itís less as the wave is moving so much slower so it doesnít travel as far. I think the problem is you see more novices jumping behind the boat to wakesurf because it is easier. If that same novice were to wakeboard and fall all of the time it would make the water even worse.

Anyway, tubing absolutely screws the water by design. Wakesurfing itself does not.

By Big Heavy (stephan) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 12:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I grew up riding Lake Havasu on weekends, needless to say it can get a little crowded. Butter sets have to start at first light, literally 5am. Last time I was out there a guy was surfing at first light. We asked if he could go to a better spot to not ruin everyone's water, he told me to F myself, then I rode past and filled his boat with water. Listing heavy to one side really prevents a good high speed chase.

Wakesurfing is to wakeboarding what rollerblading is to skateboarding, GAY!!!

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 12:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
gotta love calling other sports gay

We used to surf a bunch when we first got our inboard, but then the novelty kind of wore off. Haven't surfed much at all the last 2 years. I could see where people who aren't dedicated to progressing on a wakeboard have fun surfing though, its sort of like tubing- doesn't take much effort unless you're doing tricks which 90% I see surfing aren't...

By MattG (pierce_bronkite) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So what do you guys do when the water is rough?

I usually prefer to wakeboard but there are plenty of days when the water is trashed. Rather than bitch about the water or sit in the boat doing nothing I would rather surf.

Im curious, if you plan a day on the lake and the water is not good enough to wakeboard, what is your next option? Pack up and go home? LOL.

By John Gardner (roverjohn) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pretty soon we'll all need Sky Skis with 10' pylons under them.

By Inigo Montoya (eyedvride) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
special olympics of water sports

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Etiquette? Really? Because you want to wakeboard someone should just hand the water over to you and go ride in rough water? WOW...

This sentence is down right laughable.

quote:

If you tube or surf and it ruins anyones elses opportunity to ride and you can perform your sport of choice somewhere else then you have broken etiquette and it should be fixed.

Why not wakeboard where you think they should tube or surf? Cutting you off of doing powerturns all day... Now that is an "Etiquette" issue.

Wakesurfing is "gay"? Not sure I understand that comment but hey if thats how you really feel

By M-Dizzle (liquidmx) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Billthom, you are grossly mistaken if you think that Wakesurfing is no different than wakeboarding in creating chop. Wakesurfing sends nice big rollers down an entire line of water at a slow rate even if you are simply going straight (no power turns etc.) Case in point: at a local slough that is several miles long if someone is wakesurfing on one side it will send rollers completely down the line making it FAR worse than a simple wind ripple/chop. At that point you cannot ride behind (or in front, if they have stopped at one point) of the wakesurfing boat for much much farther of a distance (commonly 100's and 100's of yards sometimes even the entire distance if they have been there long enough). I would MUCH rather ride with a small consistent chop than deal with rollers. I would almost dare say powerturning is better in that scenario as it only sends a 3-4 set of rollers down the line rather than tons of those surf rollers.

(Message edited by liquidmx on July 01, 2009)

By Seth (seth) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If the water is crap I would rather not be out there getting thrown around, so we either find a cove to hang in or go back to camp and play a lot of cornhole!!!

By bill_c (bill_c) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey andy,

I hear your frustration, and know where you are coming from.
We have to respect other water users.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
By MattG (pierce_bronkite) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:02 pm:

Hit Double UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Eder Garavito (spicychalupa69) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No kidding...

Andy...Bald Eagle is Huge bro...Just ride elsewhere

By MattG (pierce_bronkite) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andy Double ups are fun but like wakeboarding they still require relatively calm water. I do agree that it's wrong to surf in butter. I hate it when I roll up in cove and someone is surfing.

My guess is that most of you all who just want to wakeboard don't have kids on board. Case in point, I went out last night to my local lake with the wife and my daughter expecting to get some good sets in, instead it was windy and there were tubers and surfers. This was on a Tuesday at 6:00. Water was totally trashed. Instead of bitching about it I hoped on the tube with my 3yr old daughter and afterwards wakeboarded with my 3yr old daughter (she stands in middle of the board and holds on my legs). She laughed so hard that she couldn't breathe. That right there was better than me being upset that I couldn't wakeboard because the water was trashed.

My point is, it's what you make of it. You have to make the best of water conditions regardless if someone is surfing or tubing.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on July 01, 2009)

By jeffsv211 (jeffsv211) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Richard, did you miss the word "and"?

By Bill Knudson (drknute3) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MattG, great post

I'm in the same boat (pun intended) I love to ride and get depressed when the water is trashy. But instead of pissing and moaning about people who have just as much right as I do to do whatever they want on the water that we all pay to maintain, its time to pull out the tube and go riding with the kids. I get more joy out of getting outside the wakes with my kids on the tube and seeing their joy than I do from wakeboarding anyways. Well, maybe its a tie.

(Message edited by drknute3 on July 01, 2009)

By Ron Zap (zapisor) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So if I show up with my slalom ski will you guys head out of the cove and into the water that has a slight chop?

You guys are entertaining with you perceived right of ownership.

Slalom, wakeboard, surf, tube, bass boat, airchair, parasail, jet ski,cabin cruiser, sea kayak, whatever... first come first served. If you don't want to share the water head for a cable park.

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 2:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^ DING DING DING ^^

Well said..

No I didnt miss the word and. According to most on this tread it appears surfing ruins quite a few people days.

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
my friend once said;

"those that quit wakeboarding to wakesurf either:

a. suck at wakeboarding
b. has gone as far as they could on a wakeboard."

By Scott (K.B.C.) (sperbet) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 2:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My PP still tweaks out to this day due to hitting a big surf roller at the Delta. Once my boat was damaged my tolerance level has gone way down. Surfing does ruin the water more than wakeboarding, the rollers are bigger and there are 10X more wally's at the lake wakesurfing these days. Id rather share a cove with a tuber. tubing is way cooler IMO.

and I nominate Big Heavy for Post of the Year!

By Dtb (dtb) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I tend to agree with the etiquette comments and think the comparison to other sports is right on. At the same time, can't argue with "everyone has a right to the water". Still, it definitely irritates if I'm already riding in a cove and someone comes in and starts surfing. Now if the surfer is there first, what can you do?

My real question has to do with some one's comment above about surfing ruining transmissions. I don't see how it's any harder on the tranny than riding with the boat weighted. I usually have more weight in the boat for riding than I do surfing.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 2:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's frightening how similar the various above arguments are to the ones wakeboarders used to laugh at and make fun of when they were coming out of the mouths of waterskiers. Put your gloves on kiddies, you're now them.

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 2:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im not sure if it just hasnt caught on up here or what but I barely ever see anyone surfing. Infact if it is rough and we start surfing most people ask us what the hell were doing cause they have never seen it.

The main reason I even got into surfing was because I was burnt out on getting up at 6am to get great water. I've gotten to the point if its not flat I usually pass on my wake set.

Yeah I'd agree Dave. Or go hang out on a hotboat forum! Its crazy how much they HATE wakeboarders... I've tried to reason with them lol usually end up getting attacked by the 30 people or banned completely lol

By A-dub (behindtheboat) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 2:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dtb,

I was specifically referring to direct-drive inboards, I'm sure it doesn't do as much damage to a V-drive. Forcing the boat to constantly try and plane out is not good, and the boats I refer to had way too much weight put to one back corner. Add to that the odd stopping, and slamming it in reverse to avoid getting swamped, and it destroyed the trannys.

The thing is I can surf behind my little old ski boat with only a few people in it, yet you see all these surfers looking for the biggest wave. Why? It's not like you're really benefiting from a bigger wave that much. More room to move around sometimes, but that's about it.

I hope to not buy a boat that has been used greatly for surfing. It is, IMO, the one of the worst things to do to a boat.

By Ron Zap (zapisor) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 2:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A-dub, the bigger longer wave opens up the wave to do tricks. With a big board you can cruise behind anything but to do tricks you need the surface area of a bigger, longer wave.

By Big Heavy (stephan) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 2:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You guys are right, I'm not one to use the term "gay" flippantly. It was a poor word selection. I should have used "LAME", my bad.

More than anything I was trying to get a rise out of the "core" wakesurf guys, you people crack me up! Everyone has a right to use the water how they please, I reserve the right to get faded and take the occasional nakeboarding set.

By dtw. (notsobueno) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MAN the force is STRONG with the keyboard Jedi here....

By Mike K (mike2001) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 3:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The sheep have all come to this topic to hate on wakesurfing. I hate when the water is ruined by surfers, tubers, powerturners, and other wakeboarders. However, I can either ride through it, find better water, or call it a day and chill on the boat. I guess my sense of entitlement is not as great as others.

By Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 3:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love doing the wakesurfing.... with that said I only do it on weekends when the lake is too busy to get a good wakeboard set in..... also, there is only one other person who wakeboards on our lake, and thats only weekends too......

but I could see how others would hate it.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 3:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
By Joe Umali (dakid) man you always have the best posts. Next time I am in Cali i am going to find you and give you a high five.

By WakeMikey (wakemikey) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 3:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oh boy and I thought my 'I hate comp vests' was controversial hahah! Always flat water on the river.

By shane mckenna (mckenna) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 3:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wakesurfing makes our sport look stupid.

go surf at the beach. wakeboard in the butter.

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 3:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wakeboarding makes our sport look stupid.

go wakeboard in a cable park. wakeskate in the butter.

By Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 4:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The thing I like about my lake is that it is so big, and has enough turns, that you can almost always find a line devoid of people. However, it sometimes seems as though there are two groups that are dedicates to messing up the water, Jetskiers and tubers.

The only tubers that I have have a problem with are on one boat. They live almost at the end of the lake but will zig zag down an entire 5-10 mile stretch of lake, destroying every single line that I live by.

Once or twice though, I've had a fisherman zig zag around, going back and forth past us to screw up the water. It should be noted that I'm always riding behind an old outboard deckboat...

As for wakesurfers, I've only had a problem with them a few times, and that's because for a while, I only had my jetski to ride behind. Because of that, I'd stick to my cove, but there was a couple of people who'd wakesurf (water was probably 60 degrees at the time too), and they just kept driving back and forth past my cove, despite the fact that there is a three mile stretch of lake there that they have all to themselves...

By M-Dizzle (liquidmx) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 4:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its funny how its not okay to hate on people here yet its an acceptable form in other sports (such as surfing). Almost anyone who surfs knows full well that paddling into a locals line up isnt the smartest thing to do...yet its not cool for the guys who live on the delta to yell at the wally's that are in their neck of the woods?

By Dennie (wakeboardgeezer) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 4:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok this aint gonna go well.
C'mon people, This is America! You are not truly serious, are you? Last time I checked it was a free freaken country, at least until Obama was elected. Nobody owns the public water ways, not me, not you, not wakeborders, skiers, surfers, fishermen, or tubers etc etc. It is a shared resource. If you don't like the water sport someone is participating in, at the area you want to use, or "think that you own", that's just too dam bad, doesn't matter what dang time it is. Some of you people need to grow the hell up! The world does not revolve around you or our sport, learn to share the water or move on is all I can tell you. Whining about surfers messing up "OUR" water is pretty dam childish.
The whole notion that a wakeboarder or anyone for that matter should dictate or suggest where somebody else should go to enjoy their sport, so that they can have "the best" water for themselves is ridiculous. I like to ride on flat water as much as the next person, but it aint my water and it aint yours either. If I can't find butter water I ride anyway or do something else, that's just the way it is, so get over it, it aint all about you! The childish way of thinking that I see in some of these threads gives wakeboarding a bad name and a bad rep, it just hurts the sport for everyone. Its this kind of reasoning that can destroy a great sport like wakebording. All the same crap that the water skiers used to say about us is coming full circle, in what I hear more and more wakeboarders saying about other water sports messing with "our water". I think its time I tried wake surfing, and when I do, you come try to tell me to move somewhere else and then lets see what happens. Do I sound a little upset,.. you're damned right I do. Freedom aint frickn free, it is paid for in blood. Freedom to live, freedom to ride. The freedom to enjoy the fruits of this country have been paid for in blood. You, know, the fourth of July thingy and Memorial and Veterans day etc. Some of you may not give a rip about that either, probably just another day off to ride and that's just fine. Wake surfers have the same freedoms to use the water as we do. Its that simple. If you don't want to live in a free country, then go somewhere else.

By TXSurf (bac) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 4:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd just rather wakesurf in all YOUR butter.

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 4:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Also every other boardsport in existence can trace it's origins to people who wanted to surf where they couldn't- including wakeboarding.

Like David said I can remember the days before towers, poles & ballasts when this whole argument came from skiers about the "skurfers". The argument is still weak, the only thing that's changed is the people making it.

By mark sher (4sher) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 5:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I grew up slalom skiing then transitioned into wake boarding (I remember getting an HO Pro when they were first released). Now, I wake surf. When my friends and I started wake boarding, we got a ton of flack from slalom skiers because we had extra weight in our boat and the wake was messing up their slalom water. They told us to go wake board when the water was too rough to ski.

Hmm, sounds pretty familiar. Hell, if they had their way, to this day no one would be WAKE BOARDING on calm water. The slalom guys would get all the good water. Well, that didn't happen because everyone had to learn to share. Is it perfect? No. That's the definition of a compromise, no one's happy.

So, as Bill points out, wake surfers like good water too. Just like wake boarding, when you are working on difficult tricks, you want a smooth take off and consistent wake. And, believe it or not, wake board boat wakes mess with wake surfers too. If I'm about to do spin or launch and air, and a set of rollers are coming at me, I wait for the boat to get though them before I proceed. That's just the way it goes on a public lake. Sometimes we can't find any decent water anywhere. It's our choice to ride anyway or wait for another time.

The truth is, all water sports are better with calm water (even the tubers seem to like it) and no one group has more of a right to it than another. You can either choose to hate or accept.

Ok, flame away...

By Ridin Dirty (duffy) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 5:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think some of you have even more time on your hands than me...scary!

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 7:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wait, you mean you guys don't like wave-boarding when there are big waves on the lake?

By Newty (newty) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Agreed mark sher. Everybody loves the butter. First come first serve. I love to ski, board and surf, but I'm not going to bitch because someone else is taking advantage of the butter, no matter what they are doing, because if they don't I will!
Tubes are another story.

By rob (wakesurf_ohio) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"it gets boring to watch." Wakeboarding gets boring to watch when only beginners are doing it.. apparently you haven't seen a good wakesurfer.. Butter is butter, whomever is up early enough to get it gets it. We get on the water early to practice because, just like for wakeboarding, rough water isn't good for wakesurfing. Water is water, unless it is your own private lake you should be enjoying it and stop complaining because of having to share it.

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i think joe u. said above people that wake surf cant wakeboard, TRUE. and the cant really surf either. surfing is my sport and has been my entire life.

Upload

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
heres a couple more of what surfing really is.

Upload
Upload

By Jos (jtnz) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^ Good man, surfing behind the boat does look fun (I don't wakesurf) but the ocean serves it up way bigger and gnarlier. Haven't seen anyone get into a barrel behind the boat yet.

I don't really get how surfing in butter is better, if you're riding your wakeboard in the chop and you get inside the wake the chop goes away. How is surfing behind the boat different? You're still riding water that just got run over by the boat...

(Message edited by jtnz on July 01, 2009)

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
heres a pic of my local "wake" lets see anyone get enough weight in their "Surf Enzo" to match that. and if anyone wants to play well i cant tell you where that is. wakesurfing = no risk no reward, surfing big waves = the most scared you wil ever be in your life and the reward well words cant described it. ill take a triple over head day at ---- vrs eating CO. and pumping a baby wake all day.

and if you think this is bad the way wakeboarders and surfers cant get along. come try and paddle out to a couple of my local spots and see what the boyz have to say.

Upload

(Message edited by westsiderippa on July 01, 2009)

By MattG (pierce_bronkite) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lol...comparing surfing to wakesurfing. This thread is comical now.

By Antonio V. (t0nyv831) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"Why can't we all just get along.." Rodney King

By rob (wakesurf_ohio) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Bryan, would love to come out and see/ride your wave in person.. unfortunately I don't live on a coast.

Jos, Have you ever tried wakesurfing with rollers when you're setting up for an aerial? Not much fun.. definitely throws off your trick , if not completely off of the wave.

And if this "if you're riding your wakeboard in the chop and you get inside the wake the chop goes away. How is surfing behind the boat different? You're still riding water that just got run over by the boat... " is the case then why are the wakeboarders complaining?

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
rob, anytime buddy, i have taught lots of people how to surf, even a couple from WW. it wont be 10' your first time out but once you catch a real wave you will probably sell your boat and move to the coast, lol.

you dont set up for a wake jump behind the boat. and you dont carve into the flats on a wakesurf.

By Jim Zarin (jimmy_z) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Since most everyone seems to be bashing...

Upload

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hahahaha I like that shirt lol ...I need to get that for my dad!

By Dennie (wakeboardgeezer) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jimmy_z,

Now that's funny man!
How the hell did all those surf pics show up on a wakesurf/wakeboard thread? That's even funnier

By Tim B (nvboarder) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am not a fan of surfing, personnally, but if the people surfing do what my buddies do, it really isn't a problem. The trick is to stay some what close to shore 25 - 50 feet away from shore and point the surf wake to the shoreline this leaves the butter on the main side for everyone else, skiers and wakeboarders.

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i get so pumped when i see a skier throw down a sick left turn. but nothing gets me more stoked then when they come back a throw a right turn to top it off.

i like that shirt though...

By Vince Piercey (valsurfer) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This debate is the something that went on when i was living in Squaw Valley Ski Area & they let this sport called Snowboarding on the hill for a trial period i think in the late 80s lol Skiers were tripping for the first few yr. The skiers would say the snowboarders make to many big turns & jack up all the fresh powder or they would say boarders cant see on backside turns but we got over it fast .If u ride big mountains now days how cares.I Ski & some of my friends Snowboard so what we all have fun ripping the hill u just need a bigger lake like Lake Don Pedro Ca were we go .I also Wakeboard & Wakesurf and grow up water skiing.My point is cant we just get along

By Inigo Montoya (eyedvride) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 3:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Except wakesurfing isn't a sport, it's rehab or something for the old knees to feel good about.

By jo shmoe (joeshmoe) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 5:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
looks like we all have to stop surfing now because Bryan is a real surfer and we can't possibly be surfing, even though we are on a stick and riding a wave(it doesn't count)

By A-dub (behindtheboat) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 6:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^^^ Yet you say that riding a wakeboard at a cable park is not wakeboarding........

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 7:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If I post a picture can I also pretend to be an authority
Upload

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Someday I will live next to an ocean but until then, I am going to surf behind my boat! I learned how to surf in Hawaii a few years ago and was just dying to be able to do it as much as possible but unfortunately I live in Colorado. I was already addicted to wakeboarding and then discovered wakesurfing. I still love the adrenaline rush that wakeboarding delivers but past 10am on my local lakes wakeboarding isn't fun, it's hard work!

I don't see how wakesurfing is messing up the water anymore than a 3,000 lb loaded down X-Star for wakeboarding. If you've ever been in the water waiting for the boat to pull you up and have a loaded down boat drive by you, you know what I mean! You're sitting in rollers, big ones! We all have to share!

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think it has more to do with surfing messing up the 'water table' or whatever, which means that along with putting rollers out to the sides of the boat, the long stretch behind the surfer is rolling due to not being on plane. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've been saying this for a couple of years now. Wakesurfing destroys the water for everyone, as far as the eye can see. No surfing on our boat either.

By Vince Piercey (valsurfer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Inigo your in your mid to late 30s now right???. You may find yourself jacked up 1 day & your not getting younger so u going to kick it on the shore or rip it up wakesurfing ??? but wakesufings not a sport dont trip just ripUpload
Upload

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, there's a difference, at least, on the delta there is. Follow a loaded wakeboard boat with a rider.....you can ride a couple hundred yards back as the wake moves out to the shore and disapates. Now try that with a surf boat. The wakes don't travel out to shore, they follow the boat, seemingly forever and somehow travel though the tullies to ruin the other side also.

I've shown up on Vics to find both sides rolled out, and only one boat to be found....a surf boat. Now you've got one boat owning the set of two sloughs that could normally be tubed, wakeboarded, or skied by as many as 10 boats.

You should do whatever makes you happy on the water. It just sucks that surfing wrecks the water so bad.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
J-Rod that was my whole point when I was biatching about them destroying a lake. The roller created do forever, out from the boat and straight behind it. Horrible.

By chris (cjh1669) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awww how we come full circle. 10 years ago this thread would be skiers talking about wakeboarders.

By M-Dizzle (liquidmx) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am right there with you J-Rod and Andy. Been there seen that.

I also find it comical that people think that because they travel to a spot where someone LIVES they have as much of a right to it as the locals. Seriously? The person living there made sacrifices to make that work. A perfect example is Brentwood/Disco Bay. There is not much work in the immediate area and its a relatively small community. The people living there made that sacrifice to ride those local waterways. They likely commute very often and are not afforded the luxuries of a big city...yet its cool for you to come rolling in from your comfy pad into their turf and exclaim how you have an equal right to the waterways....that's a serious case of entitlement right there.

By Ron Zap (zapisor) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Laird Hamilton wakesurfs....

Probably not true but I wanted to be the 100th post

By AtTheLake (bmartin) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It is frustrating not getting good wakeboard water but the ONLY thing you can really do about it is bitch on the internet or complain about with your friends. Don't care if it is tubers, PWCs, or surfers we all know that on public lakes there is really nothing you can do about it other than find the spots or times where you can get the clean water. Ohh I guess some of you feel that if someone is wrecking your hallowed water you can intimidate the other boaters with salutes or some profane music, sending them big waves, or thump your chest that you are more macho than their crew and if you are one of those all I got to say is THANKS for being a jerk so I too can enjoy the wrath of other boaters because I have wakeboards in my racks.

Yeah I get ticked too when I can't get the water I want because some other boat is doing X Y or Z, but try not let it ruin my day. It will be less frustrating if you take the "join them rather than hate them" attitude.

By BCH (brhanley) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It is hard to hate on wakesurfing if you were around for the original wakeboard v. ski battles. It is totally and completely hypocritical. That being said, I HATE wakesurfing. It's the arguments people were making about wakeboarding on steroids...big wakes and inexperience (probably somewhat true)...where wsurfers are ALSO more likely to turn while doing it (or drive in circles), far more likely to be inexperienced/less knowledgeable (scientifically proven to increase powerturn likelihood by 310%), and more likely to throw rollers every which way even if they know what they are doing (see Vics example above). Experienced wakeboarders and skiers can coexist by driving together in straight lines...not so much with wsurfers.

Anyhow, to each their own...but I sure wish wakesurfing remained something you'd see Byerly do in a video and not on 5 boats every evening ruining the one patch of good local water.

P.S. I saw a very vocal opponent of wakesurfing hanging at a local lake, surfboard in tow last night! It's okay, come out of the wakesurf closet...

By Inigo Montoya (eyedvride) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Vince, I've already blown out both knees and would sell my boat before I took up wakesurfing. It just ruins the water in every direction for everyone.

Surfing in the middle of the day, I could care less, but don't kill the morning butter or the only wind blocked cove. But like you've all said 1st come first serve. Just not on my boat.

By Keith Stephens (k_b_stephens) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll wakesurf just to piss you snobs off...too funny!

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Disco Bay, got it. Thanks M-Dizzle, now I know where to go when everywhere else is thrashed.

edit: also wakesurfing wouldn't even be possible if wakeboarders didn't invent internal ballats and fat sack to artificially make their wakes bigger. I don't recall many fisherman, skiers, and hotboaters being stoked on it but that was OK because it wasn't being done to you.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 02, 2009)

By Vince Piercey (valsurfer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I dont kill the morning butter on the Delta i go to Lake Don Pedro were theres lots of room 4 all there + I am a Wakeboarder 2 so i can see somewhat were u r comin from its like snowboarding boreal ski area the Delta or Squaw Valley - Lake Don Pedro U just need more room

By jr (romes) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what frustrating is that on the delta there will be one boat surfing a slough and THATS IT!!! multiple boats pulling skiers, tubers, riders, etc could get along in that same channel but due to the rollers created not even another surf boat will occupy the same clough...

now thats weak

By Kat Laird (wakekat15) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I too am not a fan of surfing in the butter. I won't allow it behind my boat, but obviously can't expect others to do the same. I myself, am an Equal Opportunity Hater (lol)! It irritates me if any non-wakeboarder riding boat rolls into the butter when they see someone already there wakeboarding. It's easy to share a line with a wakeboard boat, but just not possible with any other activity. If the non-wakeboarder riders are there first, good for them to beat me to it! If I'm there first and they roll in, I don't get angry....just irritated. I just succumb to the fact that the day suddenly turned into a hang out day vs. riding. I would never encroach upon the barefooters or slalom skiers, and it just puzzles me that others don't show the same courtesy in return.

PS I felt the same way about respecting others/sharing the water before coming over from the dark side! (Former slalom skier that didn't appreciate wakeboard rollers screwing up the good water if I was there first!) At least now we have a common source of irritation for both skiers and wakeboarders!

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Speaking of snowboarding I wonder how many people preaching "locals only" snowboard or ski at resorts they don't live at? and do they wait until noon so the people who live there can enjoy the powder?

By Inigo Montoya (eyedvride) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kat, I agree. We always stay away from the slalom and barefoot guys, especially if they beat us to the butter.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I need to Rodney King this thread.

"Can't we all just get along."

Upload

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
as long as you stop telling me what I can or cannot do and where I can do it.

I've been a water sports enthusiast since before wakeboarding existed, have respect for everyone on the water and go out of my way to do so. I expect nothing less but the same in return and don't take kindly to others telling me what to do.

By www.offaxisboards.com (shon_g) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can wakesurf all you want behind my boat....as long as its blown out, or chopped up.

I ride on a small lake that is maybe 3 miles long, and 1 boat that is wakesurfing can F the entire lake up! We went out the other night to find butter as far as the eye could see. we dropped the boat in with big smiles on our faces, and loaded up. I got in for a butta set....made the first turn and saw the lake had gone to s**t from 1 other boat wakesurfing....They wrecked the lake for 2 hours...

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got my own boat so I don't need to ride behind yours but thanks for the offer

By Vince Piercey (valsurfer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
And the wakesurfers were probably bitchin about u 2 u dont have 1000s of # of ballast on your boat jackin up the water WTF wakesurfers like glass to this topic could go on 4 ever. long live the free and brave. happy 4th all

(Message edited by valsurfer on July 02, 2009)

By benj trogdon (benj_t) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats weird, whenever I wakesurf its only because its too rough to wakeboard.

(Message edited by benj_t on July 02, 2009)

By Vince Piercey (valsurfer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 11:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I do both and 4 so reason if u just wakeboard you rule the water quite bitchin wakesurfers r not doin to disappear even through u wish they would some deal when ski resorts let snowboarders on the hill people got over it

By KG - WakeboardNJ.com (wakescene) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 11:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I get about 30-35 days a year out on the water, and believe me, I don't care if my activities are ruining your water. Really, I don't care. I have limited time to get in whatever fun I can. If the water sucks, I wakesurf or tube. If it's glassy, I Roam it. Slight rippled or chop, I wakeboard. Rollers or no rollers, I am having a good time.

Sounds to me like a lot of you are spoiled with great water all of the time. How often do you wakeboard in 6" windblown chop??? Happens to me nearly every weekend. I venture a guess that most of you won't even go out when it's like that.

This gets my vote for "Most Pathetic Thread of the Year"

By Vince Piercey (valsurfer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 11:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gettysburg Pa Upload

By Keith (hawaiianstiln) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can't get into it either. I surfed and grew up in Hawaii (rocky point, backdoors, pipes, Sunset, Alligator Rocks, Waimea point, Chuns, Left Overs, Log Cabins, V-lands) and the occasional South breaks. Now that I moved to Arizona and miss my surf time, I tried it behind the boat last year and hated it. It was so boring. Now that I wake up and have the boat on the lake about 20 minutes before sunrise, I see some surfing already in the glass water and it KILLS me. What's really great is when the wakesurfer falls and they power turn haul a$$ back to go pick them up. WTF! Stay in the open areas!!

But hey, I guess everyone feels they disserve good water. I'm just speaking out loud here. :-)

By Vince Piercey (valsurfer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That sounds like lame driving when i wakesurf i go in neutral and kill the wave & slowly come around but i have seen wakeboarders do the samething power turn .See the flag and what it stands 4 freedom.I use to bitch about Illegal Alien in California but its a waste of time they r not going to go away so i focus on the positive in life it makes u feel a whole lot better.Just shout up & ride

(Message edited by valsurfer on July 02, 2009)

By Vince Piercey (valsurfer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
keith sweet photo on profile

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If someone is already riding a particular zone then I'll go somewhere else but if I'm there 1st then I'm not going anywhere. I really don't care if anyone else likes it or not. If you have a problem with it, well that's your problem.

By TQ (motogod77) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
F**king Hilariou the whole way thru

By Keith (hawaiianstiln) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 1:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Vince! :-)

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 1:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
keith, wow what a tuff move that must have been.

By Keith (hawaiianstiln) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 3:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it was so "tuff" that I flew like superman!

By Ron Zap (zapisor) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 5:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Difficult to power turn with 1800lbs of ballast on one side of your boat, If you don't stop, add little reverse and turn around in your own wake you will chilli dip the bow.

"Dat dem der boat has a flat tire"

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 6:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
When I get out early and throw some wakeboard sets guess who I piss off? All the fisherman on the lake that were there before me. I get irritated when my boat gets thrown off list from choppy water and I'm surfing because of whatever the hell everyone else is doing be it wakeboarding, tubing, other surfer's, jets skis or the damn wind. Get the F over yourselves you self involved, delusional jackass'.

By Dennie (wakeboardgeezer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This goes out to all my wakeboard bros,
skiers, knee boarders, skateboarders, snowboarders, tubers, fishermen, PWC'ers, real surfers and well, yes, even to those "pesky" wakesurfers that everyone seems to claim are hosing up all the butter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1svVMFwaOw

By Dennie (wakeboardgeezer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yo, Vince,
I dig the Flag picture, very nice.
Can I use it?

By Vince Piercey (valsurfer) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dennis yes its a photo i took

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dang, feel the love.

I really like wakesurfing but like everything you have to be considerate and not be a muppet. At our local spot we have a bay we head into and drive round and round in circles so we don't throw our waves down the arms. "Surf bay"

By kampus96 (kampus96) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 10:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
locals at the delta. this isnt surfing.

By BG, CIE KONG (bigpapaf1f) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 11:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Vic's needs a Locals only sign on both ends! haha It should read "LOCALS ONLY! NO POWER TURNS, NO TUBES, NO WAKESURFING, NO TOOLS!!" haha

I don't hate Wakesurfing on lakes. I don't hate it if you do it in chop. But in nice water its a whole dif story!! I can't stand it!! I don't buy the you can't wakesurf good if the water is bad. My lil bro is the best wakesurfer I have seen just out on the water. He does airs, 360, 720, and pop shuvs. Never once has he wakesurfed in good water!! Always in chop. Oh and about 90% of the ppl wreckin the water can't even drop the rope! So do they really need glass??? Not hatin, just hate havin the only non windy spot useless cuz of one boat!

By daryl case (dcase69) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 11:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
where is this Vic's spot? i just got a new wake surf board and this place sounds perfect to try it out.

By taylor jensen (wakeboardertj) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Theres a time and place for wakesurfing, and its definitely not up the arm of the river at bullards bar ruining the water for everyone. bastages

By wake_addict (radikal) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 12:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
whats the problem if you wait your rollers to be completly off before turning to pick up your surfers ?

By BG, CIE KONG (bigpapaf1f) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
cuz the problem is not the wake you are surfin. The problem is what it does to the water behind the boat. Have you never came up behind a boat thats wakesurfing? For atleast a 1/2 mile behind the boat there is big rollers. Its from the boat goin that speed. Next time you are surfing. look behind your boat about 100ft. you will see about 3 bigger roller between your boat and that 100 ft. well those keep goin on and on and on. so any one behind you will have to deal with that. the whole distance you have been surfing! It SUCK on the delta cuz when its only 500ft wide you can't just go around. you have to deal with it till you can pass

(Message edited by bigpapaf1f on July 03, 2009)

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 2:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
WAAAAAAAHHHHHH. I don't like them. WAAAAAAHHHHHH

By Eder Garavito (spicychalupa69) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 4:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nick and I wakesurfed the hell out of bald eagle yesterday....all day, from like noon to eight, then wakeboarded when the wind died down at eight. Killer day...on bald eagle...wakesurfing and wakeboarding...

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 4:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"then wakeboarded when the wind died down"

exactly!!!!!!!

By TQ (motogod77) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 5:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds like everyone from the Delta needs a box of tissues - get over it. There is always going to be somebody out there to ruin epic water whether it is jetski idiots or somebody enjoying a surf set. Again get over it

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 5:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I especially like the pretentious attitude coming from Joe seeing that he's privately emailed my sister several times asking to go wakesurfing behind her boat.

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 6:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The very core of this argument couldn't be more hypocritical. I keep seeing "as long as it doesn't affect the rights of others to enjoy the water" but that's exactly what you're doing by telling people when or where they can surf. You have a much better chance of having a good time in chop than someone in their living room. We pay the same taxes as you and our boats are just as expensive. We have just as much right to that butter as you do.

It's a tired, hypocritical argument and nobody is going to take you serious. I'm all about respecting others rights and like I said everyone I know goes out of their way to ensure so but I'm not about to go riding at noon to appease a bunch of uptight people. I don't care what you think, you're rights don't supersede mine.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 03, 2009)

By BG, CIE KONG (bigpapaf1f) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 7:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How is it hypocritical?? We try to keep the water nice. If i was bit*hin about this then goin out in powerturnin and messin up the water. That would make me hypocritical. But I don't, I try and keep the water nice for everyone. You can wakesurf anywhere. Why do you have to go to the glass to wakesurf? Im not sayin to not go to the glass. Just don't surf or tube in the butter!! Lets say there is 5 or 10 boats wakeboardin & sking on a spot like vics. The water is still great. Then one boat can come and roll it out. Now one boat f-ed up everything for everyone else! You don't think thats wrong of that surfer?? I just don't think thats right when they can go to a spot where there is no other boats try to wakeboard or ski. If they do that everyone is happy. They get to surf, and everyone else still gets to enjoy there day.

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 7:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like to surf at the end of the day when I am too tired to take another set. We try to be aware of who is around and what they are doing. I try to steer clear of docked boats, boarders, fisherman and anybody else who is trying to enjoy the water.

By Eric (mjfan23) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guess what its not your own personal private lake. get over yourselves. But go ahead and rant and rave an worsen the reputation of wakeboarding

By Dennis (dennish) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andy,
Since you ride for O'Brien stop them from making wakesurf boards.
While you are at it make sure that http://www.the-house.com which you list as your home url quits selling wakesurf boards. It might help with the crowds on your lake. In fact here is a picture of me wakesurfing a pink door on a "butter" day check the background. Did not see a wakeboarder in sight all day should we have just sat in the boat and waited.Upload

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 8:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If I'm there 1st then I'm not going anywhere. Nothing you can do or say about it.

and where are all these people doing powerturns while wakesurfing? I personally don't see it happening or how it can even really be as widespread as you claim. For 1 we never get above 10mph (and are 15ft away from the boat instead of 80ft) and if I don't immediately kill the boat before turning at full list it's going to put a boatload of water down my bow and eventually destroy the hull. Not very likely to happen to anyone more than a couple times before they learn.

Thank god this is America and my rights are just as protected as yours

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Reason why I'm so passionate about this

Years back here in San Diego we were told by the wakeboarders to go to El Cap to surf (because at the time the back wasn't opened yet and the place was always chop). Thing is we actually did and for the next 4 years the surf boats outnumbered wakeboarders at least 2 to 1 with usually more then that. Well now that San V is closed and El Cap is the only game in town we're seeing this same attitude there as well and it's BS.

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
live by the sword, die by the sword. I've signed more than 1 rider contract in my life and there's usually very specific language about what you can and cannot publicly do.

It has nothing to do about "feelings" or the internet. I just don't like people telling me what to do.

edit: and if that's not in his contract then he has nothing to worry about

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ah so your one of those kind of guys...... nuff said.

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If Andy catches flack from any of his sponsors for things he said then he shouldn't have said it. You can't throw someone in front of a bus if they're already laying in the middle of the street

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
apparently you're one of those guys too

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
so you can speak your mind freely but others cant without you crying about it. your basically being........well, a taddle tail,

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ah no, im not righting a letter to anyone because i dont like you. ill just tell you and leave it at that.

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
if vic's put up "locals only" signs on both ends, where's the cie crew gonna ride?

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
exactly, I'm not representing companies catering to the the entire wakesport community. Anyways I got to go now so I can wake up early and get to the butter 1st

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 10:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Evans dad has a house in Disco, so we're covered.

I think some people are taking this too personal. Wakeboarders are venting about surfers messing up the water. It's true...surfers make the biggest impact on the water quality. Just the facts.

By BG, CIE KONG (bigpapaf1f) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 10:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Come on Joe that was just a joke you know that. They are delta locals tho. If your there a lot your a local.

It had been awhile since i had really got on here. I forgot how much fun this can be! haha

Caskimmer, You would be blown away by the Delta then. there is so many dumb*** ppl behind the wheel on the delta. I would say about 80% of the ppl on the Delta Powerturn, but to tell you the truth thats not my main issue with surfer. Its what boat with 1000lbs at 10mph does to the water a mile behind the boat. When im at a lake it really is fine, it does not bug me. cuz you can just go around. The delta is dif. You have to hit rollers for a mile just to pass them. Also im not sayin ppl that are there first, but still why do you have to stay in the good water when ppl are tryin to ride on a one of the only nice spots. IMO that is just a D*** move. The rare times we do have a girl or somethin that wants to surf, we leave the good water we rode on and go surf somewhere else. Even if we where there first, Cuz its the NICE thing to do out of respect of everyone else there!! Im not sayin surfin is bad or you should not do it. Just why do you have to do it in the good water? You are tryin to make us out to be the bad guys cuz we don't like ppl who don't need the great water messing it up for the ppl who do. Wakesurfing the boat blocks the wind chop.So it really does not matter right?

How do you feel about tubes and Jetskis messing up the only good water where you are trying to ride?? Bet you don't like it. I have never meet someone that rides that it doesn't piss off. Well wakesurfing does the same thing!

By Jeremy Byrom (wakerider111) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 10:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Come to Powell, Wake Surfing (because too close to boat and potential Co poisoning) is not allowed and you will be pulled over for a good half an hour or more and possibly fined... just saw this happen to one boat out there today... and then they went right back out to do it again after park service left.

for the most part they were away and in rough-er water

By Keith (hawaiianstiln) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 11:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So after some good wakeboard runs early this morning out at Saguaro Lake in AZ, we decided to surf out in the middle of the lake (up front where it's ruff)... All goes well, until this idiot with some ski boat with extended pylon is cruising up fast behind us pulling someone....going the wrong way (yes there is a rule on our lake for pulling people counter clock wise)... My surfer falls and they are still cruising. I HATE when people power turn, but there's a time and a place when it's needed. After realizing that they are still on the same course getting close to my fallen surfer, I gunned it back around. The deuche pie came close and had the nerve to yell at me and say "STOPPP the power turning, NO Power turning".

You ever wish you had a paint ball gun????

Daddy must have let him take the boat out on the 3rd of July. I think I was learning to drive a boat when this kid was taking a deuce in a pottie trainer.

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 1:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
god enough is enough, like i said on the wakesurf forum, we gotta get over this s--t. we have so many other huge problems that need to be addressed. forget this bs. if we cant get along amongst our selves, water sport riders, how are we going to actually defend or waters. the states counties cities etc. dont give a s--t what you do behind the boat or what sport it is. the environmentalist dont care either. we are on point to lose boating as a whole if we dont stick together. from delta pump stations and socal water issues to muscles and local inspections, we might not have anything left but to b---ch about rollers and butter. lets get are heads out of are a--s here everyone, mine included. dave delete this thread already were all over it, lets worry about having a place just to take your boat, lets have some fun this summer and respect each other on the water.

By schooledrider (rmcronin) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 8:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm too guilty about everyone else's water to do it at any time. There is also ZERO adrenaline involved, so a total waste of time, gas, water, etc.

By Eder Garavito (spicychalupa69) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 4:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/87668.html?1246744907 yay!

Not gonna lie...I LOVE WAKESUFRING! And I also LOVE WAKEBOARDING, and I LOVE KITEBOARDING....I just HATE TUBING!

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 5:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dennis Wins! Prolly the worst post ever.

By Zach Lear (zleartsu) on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 6:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Happy Holidays!

By holmes (gb_rider) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 12:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Keep buying Wakesurf Boards... As a rep i love it. I get paid off of all of you who have them (from a certain brand that is).. Spread the word and Surf your hearts out....Keep buying Wakesurf boards, give them as gifts...

Sorry Andy. I'll send you something free. :-)

Lakes are no longer Butter.... They are Country Crock Shedd Spread! Just a Tub of S#!t.}

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 5:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
But 1 wakeboard boat does the same damage to the water as 5 waterski boats but that doesn't seem to bother you much does it? Thankfully for all of you Herb Obrien didn't show the same close minded attitude towards other water sports or you would all still likely be dropping elbows.

Seriously, I feel sorry that you guys have to deal with so many tools but you're going about this the wrong way. You will never accomplish anything from being confrontational and telling people what they can't do. As far as I know that tact has never worked. When I read this all I get is that the OP comes off sounding like a spoiled brat in need of a diaper change and a reality check.

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 5:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
and Bryan I agree with you. Even though we might not all stand up the same way we all have common interests and further driving a wedge within the community is going to get us nowhere fast.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 6:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
By wardovision (caskimmer) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 5:40 am:

I am in no way a spoiled brat......and my diaper is clean

HOLMES!!! I expect something amazing from you.....I will be checking my mail!

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 7:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just saying that you're complaining about the very people that enable you to do what you're doing for a living. We don't just wakesurf, we also wakeboard and wakeskate as well. (I did only wakeboard sets this past weekend) We help support the companies that support you and without us you can be sure that's your sponsors marketing budgets would be a lot more streamlined.

edit: and yes saying that others shouldn't be able to enjoy a particular activity so you can enjoy yours is being spoiled

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 07, 2009)

By hairbandude (slipknot) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 7:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
"wakesurfing is for people who cant wakeboard"

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can say the same thing about wakeboarders only doing it because they can't wakeskate. Who needs bindings to catch air, learn to ollie? It doesn't matter the reason behind someone's decision to do something, this is America and we are all afforded the same rights.

close minded is close minded. You can dislike something as much as you want, it will never make your position right

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 07, 2009)

By Dennie (wakeboardgeezer) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
JUST WORDS, JUST SPEECHES!

Some of you people claim to have respect for others on the water but then talk about where other people should go to participate in their sport so they don't spoil the water that you think you own.

You get the respect that you give, and you don't rate much telling people where, or what they can or can't do on public water ways. That's just retarded, pathetic and childish.

By Andrea.E. (parkgirl) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have no problem with wakesurfing...it's just like anything in life though, be considerate of others. Wakesurfing kills the water for everyone so try to pick a spot that will affect the least amount of people is all I ask. Vic's happens to be the perfect spot for wakeboarding because it's straight and the width of the channel and tule weeds make our wakes dissipate quick and not affect other's. The rollers from a surf boat do not head toward shore but go up and down the channel directly in the riding path.

When we are on Vic's about to drop a rider and I see a ski boat putting a skier in,I let them jump ahead. I do not race to beat them to the punch. I know they will be up and going super fast and outta our way and I also understand how important it is for them to get a glassy channel, our wake will kill their chance at that if we jump ahead...I put their needs infront and let them enjoy their sport as well. THAT is all I'm asking when I ask that surfer's please stay outta Vic's unless it sucks every where else. I don't think I own it or anything, just if it's glass everywhere go somewhere that won't kill everyone's day.

The boat I mention in an earlier post would ONLY ride the glass spot, while the rest of us went all the way up and down the channel riding the chop and hoping for a hit or two when we passed the glass spot. It was impossible to even get that b/c the two surf boats were power-turning and circling the spot and not giving anyone else a chance at it. just rude I think. END RANT,

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
"I can say the same thing about wakeboarders only doing it because they can't wakeskate."

By hairbandude (slipknot) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^^^^^

I love WAKEWORLD!!!

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man I aint going to fight with you WARDOVISOIN. I just deleted my post.

By M-Dizzle (liquidmx) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well said Andrea, I completely agree...Most of the locals out in your neck of the woods are usually the same way(from my experience), its the weekend warriors with this sense of entitlement that screw things up with the whole attitude of "well I paid my taxes I get just as much of a right...blah blah blah. Which is ironic since they are very likely not paying the potential HOA fees or other San Joaquin taxes and fees, being involved in the public hearings (anyone remember 5mph outside Orwood debacle a year ago?) etc.

Haha, this whole thread is hilarious though. The Wakesurf guys just don't get that their single action can ruin the water for well over a dozen boats for 1 hour plus of time (but I guess that's "their right"). Then they scream that we do the same for skiers...haha. Last I checked the ONLY time I saw a skier complain to a wakeboarder was if they were powerturning or running through a slalom course (both situations are completely warranted).

FWIW...I have told people MANY times in my boat (and others) that we should go somewhere else to wakesurf.

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm not trying to fight with you or anyone else, IRL I'm actually a nice guy. I'm just standing up for my rights. My boards are like my guns, don't mess with them

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
"Riding for the love of the sport and not because someone told you to ride a certain way or because its "the cool thing to do"

"Mad love going out to all those hatin on us"

I really like what this guy had to say

By daryl case (dcase69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dont let them off the hook that easily wardovision. i surf all the time on vics and these wakeboarders feel they own the slough. they are always messing up the water im trying to surf. im sick of people like that parkgirl and westsiderippa tearing up the water when im trying to get my surf on. power to the surfers brotha.

By Nick Warhol (nwarhol1105) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andy, if you aren't gonna use your surfers ever again....hook a brother up!

By Andrea.E. (parkgirl) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 10:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shut it Daryl, or I WILL post "the picture"

By daryl case (dcase69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 11:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the "pic" you refer to is me showing how i feel about you wakeboarders when you ruin my perfect butter water when im trying to get my surf on.

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 12:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andrea! I had my finger on the "attach file" button and decided to spare everyone! lol

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 12:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i just cant come back from that, lmfao.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 12:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i am not gunna lie i am kinda addicted to this thread........... its great to see how many people rip me apart! I LOVE IT!!!

By Jarrod Corby (showmedonttellme) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The only thing missing from this thread is someone bagging on a Tige, Andy! LMAO

I love how passionate we all are. If you want to be nice to each other go post on wakeboarder.com. lol

Andrea or J-Rod, please post said pic!

By Andrea.E. (parkgirl) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 12:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can't do it...I actually really like my buddy Daryl. But it would definitely change the direction of this thread.

D- I'll be sure to mess up your "surf" water when Im cleared to ride in 2 weeks!

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

quote:

its great to see how many people rip me apart!

welcome to my world.

By Andrea.E. (parkgirl) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 1:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe you know you love it!

By tuneman (tuneman) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 1:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe, I stole this gif from you

Upload

By Brandon Hyatt (bhyatt_ohp) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think this is a very legitimate point. I understand all you guys and your "RIGHTS" to use the water however you like - and your absolutely correct. However, it is America and everyone has the right to act like a dick as well. This is a respect issue.

Anyone who has ever tried to wakeboard seriously and has had to deal with surf rollers knows they are a pain. If your in an area where the water is nice and someone is trying to take a serious wake set, try to let them get done with their set and then start surfing - out of RESPECT. It takes much more talent and effort to wakeboard/wakeskate than surf. Respect your fellow riders. Thats what I do no matter if I'm wakeboarding, pulling a wakeskater, surfing (rarely) or just driving down the lake. If we all took time to share the water and respect each other's time, these issues would be resolved.

By daryl case (dcase69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 4:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
to hell with respect. im gonna surf where and when i want. and if you drive a crappy tige and your name is andy, and you wakeboard on MY glassy surf water, im gonna power turn circles around your boat and say very mean things until your feelings are hurt. then ill put out my tube and do S turns as i drive away. did i miss anything?

By daryl case (dcase69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 4:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
also, Jarrod. if they wont allow side boob pics, i doubt theyll let you post that picture

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 4:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hahaha!!lol

By freshtracks (freshtracks) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 5:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i love these so called "surfers" who talk about how they "surfed" all weekend and were shredding it up..haha...kooks!! ITS NOT SURFING. surfing involves paddling into an actual wave and having the ability to read the surf. what you call "surfing" behind a boat is not even close to the same level. if 3/4 of the guys who "surf" behind their boat showed up at a beach and tried would either hurt themselves or get heckled out of the water for being a kook.

By Keith (hawaiianstiln) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 5:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Freshtracks, LMAO!!! You just made me think of the all time greatest surfing movies "the North Shore".

This thread rocks! It almost as close as the "winching thread" that got out of hand as well.

Look what you started Andy. :-)

By Clubjoe (clubjoe) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 5:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man, I'll bet there are a lot of shorted-out computers from all that cryin' going on round here

Haven't surfed in a long while, and granted, would much rather board. I go out of my way to stay clear of boarders when tubing, but....

If I get there at 6 and want to surf, you'll have to get over it when you show up...

I'll go as far as to wait for boarders to get going, but I could care less if someone actually thinks they deserve better conditions than I do. Surfing is not a rough water activity, and if you think it is, then you are delusional about the importance of your opinion in the grand scheme of things...Respect is a two-way street.

Surfing is fun for everyone!

Upload

By daryl case (dcase69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
uh...er....couldnt find a pic where youre not using the rope? way to represent us surfers.

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey daryl you surfing tomorrow? couple of us want to wakeboard if the wind is down if not i'd be down to surf with you.

question for you, how do you have your vlx weighted?

By Sparky Jay (wake_upppp) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Surfing belongs in the ocean. The shirt is kool but I want a bumper sticker that says "Friends Don"t Let Friends Wakesurf" I'd buy 10. LOL

By daryl case (dcase69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have a class in the morning, but will be surfing in the afternoon. where will you be? ill probably go surf vics all afternoon. i gotta work on my power turn skills. and as for how its weighted, all of it on the left side and in the rear so i can get that killer surf wake.

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
clubjoe, sure i was wakesurfing, but you forgot to mention how much that lake sucks balls to wakeboard in. look how dark it is and the lake still sucks! i'll never go to that lake again.

By Clubjoe (clubjoe) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hahahaha!!!

I couldn't find the pic of you on my jetski, so this had to do

That was a rough weekend out there...

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
still doesn't explain the point of posting the pic.

By Clubjoe (clubjoe) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Daryl-- it wasn't me, and it shouldn't matter if the ropes being held or not. I thought watersports were supposed to be fun... Way to rep the surfers, by forgetting where you started....

Joe- No real point other than I found it amusing. A pic of you surfing on this thread...

Hope thing are well with you

By daryl case (dcase69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
youre right clubjoe. i apologize to all the hard core wake surfers like myself. i am ashamed.

By adam balon (adam_balon) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
surfing is the new tubing.

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
daryl, you have any pics of your surf wake? and yah we should be at vics, until you get there guess will ride secrets after that.

By daryl case (dcase69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 10:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you know it bryan. any self respecting kick ass, stupid, dope, badass, mofo, surf bro like myself has a butt load of sick surf pics to display my badassedness. and yes, thats a real word i just made up. i just cant find them right now.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 5:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
By daryl case (dcase69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 4:25 pm:

Now how the hell did I end up owning a TIGE???? AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Tige' yeah right. Mastercraft X-Star till death baby!

By Erik (etakk7) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 6:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
and now this thread has gone full circle.^^^

By daryl case (dcase69) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 7:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey, lets start bashing boat brands now so we can get people all riled up and ticked off again. this thread has petered out. i hate mastercrafts! all of them. their wakes are crappy and they all suck. so do malibus, nautiques, sangers, centurions and mbs.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 8:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey I didnt make it go full circly you did. hahahahahahahahah

Dont see any one brand bashing but you.....why dont we all just get Bayliners!

By Eubanks (eubanks01) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 8:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andy's Hypothetical: Wakesurfing will cease to exist but you will never to be able to ride an Obrien board or behind a Mastercraft again. Do you take that deal?

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 8:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thread of the Year.

Wow.

By Steve - O (misteve) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 8:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, this thing is still going??

By KP (kellen) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Welp ill join the rant. I love drunk wakesurfing at the end of the day when its all blownout.. Ahaha and if u pull ur kids on a tube on the delta u might as well tell ur wife u hate ur kids and wish they would take a trip to the ICU cus that's about all that's gunna come out of a goos whip into the rocks....

By train (ttrigo) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 5:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love how people think it is completely acceptable to throw double ups all day long, but other people can't wakesurf?

"Respect is a two-way street"

pretty much sums it up. it's too bad the majority of "core" riders in this sport are selfish.

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 11:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
nobody i know throws dub's when its butta.

By matthew haaland (mattwc) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 6:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I heard Zane Schwenk refer to wakesurfing as "getting lunch" all for a good reason. I only have 4-5 hours of good wakeboarding in the morning before everyone else gets out there, I'm taking it! I can surf the rest of the day if i want and let the tubers feel the wrath of a two foot wake and see how they like it. kidding.
I get pissed when people power turn but then i realize that they probably don't know any better and i calm down. I'd probably be power turning if i hadn't had Wake World or The Book to educate me! It makes me want to hand out copies of the first CD of The Book to people at the lake and tell them to pay attention to the part when it tells you how you should handle your boat when a rider falls.

(Message edited by mattwc on July 09, 2009)

By Travis (fman) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 9:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My dad is 63 years old and can wake surf behind my boat, he cant wakeboard, so I guess I should tell him to hang it up? He was a slalom skier for years, ya, the guy who got up at 5:00am before work to get a run in on glass. Who laid his shoulder down on the water, and would throw a massive wake, old school. Its pretty priceless for me to watch a 63 year old to still enjoy himself on the water. He is one who can definitely appreciate a run on glass, we all know the sound of your board cutting through the water with the sun rising over the water. However, wakesurfing is a nice way for some people who cant wakeboard to enjoy the water. People with bad backs or knees can do it because its a lot easier on there body when they fall and much easier to get up.

Wow, after reading all these threads just makes me grateful I dont have to go out to these lakes and water ways on the weekends. I can only imagine the kaos that goes on with everyone out there. Its bad enough during the weekdays, I dont think I would waist my gas on the weekends. What about the people with 80k wakeboard boats tubing people around all day in the good sections of the lake???

Bottom line is be courteous to others on the water, when possible I always try and wake surf in areas that arent going to affect people trying to wakeboard and slalom ski. However, wakesurfing in chop is no fun and you have to try and grab some good water. I wish tubers would also have this mentality of staying on the main body of the lake where you like to have rough water!

Wakeboarding, surfing, kneeboarding, its all good... just be courteous to others!

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 12:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Props to your dad Travis! I hope to still being doing watersports at 63!

By Curt Bernstein (curtbernstein) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 5:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i agree with nintzel.. as much as i love wakeboarding, wakeskating, surfing, ect. ect... when the water is flat, im not wasting it on anything but wakeboarding. the end

By Ridin Dirty (duffy) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 6:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
WoW! this thread is funny!

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 6:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
this thing is still alive, WOW! Look like this even le me get my own thread! Everybody hurry and Vote.

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 7:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I couldn't have said it any better Curt.

As much as I like wakeboarding, wakeskating, surfing, etc. etc...when the water is flat I'm not wasting it on anything but wakesurfing. the end

By Jason G (jason_ssr) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 7:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I comes down to activity compatibility. Its fun being the compatible activity, and sux being the incompatible activity. Skiiers dont mind fisherman, but fisherman hate skiiers. Skiiers can still ski if fisherman are fishing, but the fishing sux is skiiers are running back and forth. Skiiers laugh. Wakeboarders dont mind skiiers, but skiiers hate wakeboarders. Wakeboarders can ride just fine with skiiers wizzing by, but skiing sux with wakeboard wakes tripping them up. Same with barefooters. Wakeboarders have generally been the most compatible sport and typically get the last laugh among the lake users. However, now wakesurfing puts wakeboarder on the other side. Wakesurfers dont mind wakeboarders but wakeboarders cant stand wakesurfers. Wakesurfers can ride just fine with wakebaorders riding past, but wakeboarding sux with a wakesurf boat jacking all the water up.

Thats why I changed over to kiteboarding. Being on the whiny kook side of the fence sux.

By Isaac Gredinberg (extremeisaac) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why not Chime in.. This weekend we took some friends out to wakeboard/wakesurf and skate this weekend.. our friend hasnt wridden in a while and really wanted to wakesurf more than anything.. we showed up at the delta and pulled into twin slough..the water was amazing.. pure butter and not a ripple.. first question..."so do you mind if I try the wakesurf" .. I told him.. Lets wait till later.. right now the water is perfect for wakeboarding so lets take advantage of that and get some sets in and at the end of the day we can find some F'd up area and we can surf there...

I think that was was perfectly fair to everyone.. we rode twin, vics, and railroads that day.. and found some big open choppy channel to surf in.. We had a killer day! dont think I f'd with anyone ... so is that bad ??

By Anodyne (anodyne) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bake's Marine in Sammamish, WA sold more wakesurfers than wakeboards last year... weird, huh?

The problem doesn't lie in these threads, but in the droves of people who flocked to wakesurfing after it became trendy to own a wakeboard boat. Just give it two years, and the people who are clueless about ruining the butter will have sold their boats and forgotten about wakesurfing entirely... in favor of their new Wake Kite. HAHA.

By BCH (brhanley) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, haven't clicked on this thread for awhile. Boy has it grown. Good stuff, though I'm sure it's largely preaching to the choir as people reading this already know what is up. This topic is timely as our local lake is exploding with surfers, including a new crew on our local lake that rolls out at dawnbreak for the surf sessions. Cowabunga.

Jason G may have nailed it...though, I've heard from several windsurfers (incompatible) that kiteboarding (compatible) ruins it for them for much the same reason people bag on surfers (takes up more room, more wallies, more dangerous, etc.). Though I always try to be respectful, there are times when a fisherman is in the only good line, he was there first, and it's "tough luck, buddy" because we're compatible with you! Now I'm the fisherman!

Now that I am doing the semi-incompatible activity, which sort of sucks, I guess I just hope the surfers attempt to be respectful and somewhat smart about their fun (powerturns, straight lines, stick to your side of the lake, etc.). A few boats working together on the same line w/ no powerturns = compatibility (to a large extent) for everyone (skiers, surfers, wboarders, etc. even fisherman if they don't troll into our line). A few boats, regardless of the activity, not working together = lake ruined. Unfortunately, at our local lake, this is apparently asking too much.

By brian howard (supraguy) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 12:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
WOW daybreak wake surfing LOL don't get me wrong I enjoy wakesurfing once and a while, but I am frist and for most a WAKEBOARDER I will be as long as my body holds up. I am 35 and still go big everytime I ride, I ride at 80ft and am pushing my self all the time. That being said I have a theroy on why wakesurfing is so big, It's has almost zero injury factor and any one can do it, wakeboarding is not like that. All you wakers and wakeskaters know what I mean. I would much rather wakeskate than surf but if the water is lame and I want to be on the water than I will surf, other than that I wake or skate and don't plan on slowing down anytime soon, and incase your wondering I have had my share of injurys and have a family my wife and kid help push me to ride and if I get hurt and can't work oh well we will figure it out and go on with life. To me life is more inportant than any house car....

LIVE FOR NOW

By pacifichigh (pacifichigh) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wakesurfing- "For when you're just too drunk to wakeboard"

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 12:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You're mostly right Supraguy, I personally don't wakeboard much anymore because my body is beat up from 12 years of living in Tahoe & Snowbird and hucking myself off the biggest objects I could find. I'm at the point where I can still physically do the tricks I want but my knees pay the price for it every time. I've already had 1 reconstructive surgery and can't afford another thanks.

Fast forward a few more years and here I am. Still wanting to play but smart enough to not write checks my body can no longer cash.....so I'm wakesurfing and I'm doing it whenever or wherever I want. That doesn't mean I'm not practicing proper etiquette. I assure you I have as much respect for my fellow boaters as anyone in this thread. (or more seeing that I'm not telling anyone what is and isn't "allowed")

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 13, 2009)

By Pete Mann (juiced4ever) on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 1:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
BCH (brhanley);
Hahaha, I was wondering if that new surf crew we saw yesterday was gonna be brought up in here anywhere.

By Tim (monkey) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 4:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
When we wakesurf, the wakeboarders stop and watch. When they come over to us, it's to ask how it works, not to complain about the water quality.

Having done both for years, I think wakesurfing takes considerably more talent to do right than wakeboarding does. With wakeboarding all you need is the guts and the flashy, bone-crushing tricks just happen automatically due to the forces at play. "Look this way", "pull on the rope like that", and bingo, you're flipping and spinning and hoping you don't break something. Technique is simly a matter of doing what someone told you to do. Not so with wakesurfing. It's more like real surfing in small waves (the most challenging conditions in my opinion). You need balance, judgement, talent, and a little bit of magic to make things happen. It's not something you can learn very well by reading "trick tips" online, or by having your friend tell you to "stand tall", "load the line", "keep the rope in" and "look over your left shoulder"...

Whenever we take newbies, they want to try both, but it's only wakeboarding that they're able to do. That's a no brainer. I have yet to teach anybody, not even some of the ex-competitive real surfers that I grew up with, how to wakesurf by the end of one day, but newbies are usually up on the wakeboard by the 2nd or 3rd attempt. In fact, I had one guy doing 180s on the wakeboard on his first day out...

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 6:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
WOW TIM, I think you may be in the wrong Forum....

If that is all you think wakeboarding is your, well...........forget it.

WOW-

By andy (michridr69) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 6:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
surfing is like tubing, any pussy can do it

By Big Joe (bigjoe5412) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
on my boat the rule is you only surf if its too rough/you're too drunk to wakeboard.

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 8:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tim that post was very entertaining, thanks for the good laugh!

Surfing loses its novelty once you learn to ride without the rope, which is learned after about 2 times out. I'll stick to tugging on my wake rope and looking over shoulders hoping I land on my feet...

By Brock Landers (formfunction) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 9:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Makes me feel sad to see how quickly you guys condemn and segregate your fellow enthusiast.The bitching however doesn't offend me so much because I bitch at least thirty minutes of my day,mostly about jetskis but still the same.
Biggest problem I see is the easy low impact of surfing has attracted a large croud of douchebags that can't handle wakeboarding or skating and naturaly gravitate to surfing.These people are not a fair example of wakesurfing and insulting the sport by saying (surfings for people who can't board) or (friends don't let friends wakesurf) is offensive to the true wakesurfers.It is a serious difficult sport that demands skill,tallent and should be shown more respect.

(Message edited by formfunction on July 17, 2009)

By Nathan Anhorn (that_nate_kid) on Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 7:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andy,
did you really quote RATM in reference to dealing with stupid people on the lake? I do agree though. The only time you should be surfing on butter is if you are running a night surf session. *and unless you are on a low patroled or well known lake this is not a good idea. Just remember, there are always going to be people screwing up the water, jet skis, tubers, surfers, and once in a while you just have to convey your thoughts directly to them. Take it easy.

Anhorn

By Joey (somebodyelse5) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 6:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thats kinda harsh to bag surfing like that. im all about respect and all at the lake, but i appologize for my monster rollers?
I cannot wakeboard anymore, not by choice, im 18 and already broke my back....no mas wakeboarding for me...so i surf, thats all i got. so i cant get on the water and enjoy some smooth water? (yea you can tell when your surfin)

It hurts to here this. i aalways thought wakeboarders and wakesurfers were one in the same?

By wardovision (caskimmer) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
For the most part we are Joey. I wakesurf more than I wakeboard these days but still enjoy both and have many friends that don't wakesurf at all but have no problem with it. It's really just a few people who feel they're entitled to something others aren't.

edit: and keep it up. It's sick that you're not letting it deter your thirst for life. Most people would have given up

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 21, 2009)

By MCXSTAR (snork) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 5:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wakesurfing is a bad epidemic like a couch potato and obesity "Bake's Marine in Sammamish, WA sold more wakesurfers than wakeboards last year"

By Brock Landers (formfunction) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 6:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh No,poor little innocent wakeboarders having to deal with someone tearing up the water.How dare those wakesurfers with there big wakes.
Crying wolf is what you guys are doing.

By coz (coz) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
[QOUTE=Keith] can't get into it either. I surfed and grew up in Hawaii (rocky point, backdoors, pipes, Sunset, Alligator Rocks, Waimea point, Chuns, Left Overs, Log Cabins, V-lands) and the occasional South breaks. Now that I moved to Arizona and miss my surf time, I tried it behind the boat last year and hated it. It was so boring. Now that I wake up and have the boat on the lake about 20 minutes before sunrise, I see some surfing already in the glass water and it KILLS me. What's really great is when the wakesurfer falls and they power turn haul a$$ back to go pick them up. WTF! Stay in the open areas!!
But hey, I guess everyone feels they disserve good water. I'm just speaking out loud here.
[QOUTE=Keith]

Yo Keith! what's up bra! wanna meet up at Sag for some surfing sunday? NOT!!! but we will be there for some wakeboarding You gonna be there?

I think I'll go over to TT and talk about Malibus, wanna join me? yesterdays tower thread was fun

By Luker (xbones) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 7:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tim(monkey): I vote you for idiot post of the year. One of the dumbest things I've heard in a while.

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 9:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ugggg This thread is still Going...

By jr (romes) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea...way to go Andy...

By David F (focker) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 9:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Heh - If you really didn't want it to be you wouldn't have sent it back to the top.

(Im only posting this because its already AT the top ;))

By MCXSTAR (snork) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe this thread will break 500 posts

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com