07 marius fins or no fins Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives » Archive through October 14, 2007 » 07 marius fins or no fins « Previous Next »
By vance (nyghtryder) on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just got a new 140 marius and was looking for some feedback and what people thought about riding it finless. I road with fins today but wanna try it without. Just dont know what to expect (edging wise, how slippery it will be, landings ).

By Charley Carvalho (wakeeater) on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 11:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
its pretty slippery without but i love it landings take some getting used to but once you get the feel its all good. quite forgiving with no fins also

By Jerm I. Side (jermiside) on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 2:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like & trust the fins for extra grip....but most that I know ride her finless.

By Dan Vargas (wakemandan) on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 2:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've never really liked loose boards. I even considered getting larger fins for my Marius. Something about that dead period before my edge "locks in".

By brutto 76 (brutto_76) on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 3:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No fins except when it the water is really choppy.

By Brad (toejamr1) on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 3:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The board feels a little slow to me so, I like the fins so I can "dig" a little more in the water to help me keep my speed. Without the fins I tend to slip right at the top of the wake and end up on my back(like your mom).

By Erik A (erik_a) on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 2:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ride the 07 Marius finless. I totally understand about the "dead period before the edge locks in". It is a little more difficult to initiate your cut into the wake.

Also, I enjoy boardslides and it's a lot easier to do w/o fins.

By Lucho (lume1) on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No fins....with fins track too much.
Finless is the way to go...night and day

By nicholas depratti (wake_trasher) on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its pretty hard to get traction w/o fins but when u really put your edges in you'll have it... does that make sence??
i ride mine finless just because i love to wip my board around and everything...
it just makes it not as agggressive and more fun (i think)

By trew woodley (trewblu) on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 1:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
stay with the fins on because you can,t get no pop because you can,t edge hard enough

By nacho (denverd1) on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 1:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
^ you're steering, you need to "edge"

By Paul (gherk) on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 2:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone know if the fins have changed between the 08 and 07 Marius?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com