The New 2008 WakeWorld Malibu Wakeset... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives » Archive through September 10, 2007 » The New 2008 WakeWorld Malibu Wakesetter Arrival « Previous Next »
By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Look what I got this morning! Carl from the Malibu factory is an absolute saint for making his way all the way to the backwoods in which I live. He delivered this beauty this morning and I'm having a blast playing with all the gadgets. I'll have more pics soon, but I wanted to share this animated image of the unwrapping process. It's almost 6 megs, so make sure you're not on dial up, which is what I had to use to upload it (#$%* ISP)! Enjoy!

http://www.wakeworld.com/wwimages/news/2007/MalibuUnwrap.gif

By admin (admin) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's a small version for those with dialup...

Upload

By DRA -jayLind (_jason_) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks great!!

By richard coop (mendo247) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
NICE! Cant wait to see some interior pics!

By Tate (redv215) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
AWESOME!

By Barrett (rwb) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Righteous! I like the white!!

Have fun.

By thomas (ttrigo) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that tower looks Pimp!!

By swass (swass) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's a good looking boat, Dave. Congrats.

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sick, sick boat! The white tower totally sets it apart IMO.

By shaun (spjc) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that boat is sick...

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ah...well done Dave. And nice boat!

By David Luttrell (dluttr) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Beautiful Bu!

Well done!

By TeamValdez (teamvaldez) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Beautiful Dave, awesome effects! congrats!

By CIRE boardshorts (nuckledragger) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 5:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sick Dave!!!

By Josh Wells (goatroper222000) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 6:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awww....its ALRIGHT..

HAHA.. Sweet boat Dave!! Congrats!!

By Loren (helix_rider) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 6:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm surprised that I like it so much. I thought to myself 'He chose all white and it just says Wakesetter on the side?' Dave, I take back all the thoughts I had that you were crazy

By WCW (walt) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 6:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very clean !

By Erik Jernberg (juniorhawk) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 6:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oy vey. Completely awesome. Absolutely gorgeous boat.

Nicest Wakesetter I've ever seen.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on August 03, 2007)

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alright, here come some more. Sorry for all the bandwidth...

More angles...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Rear vents. Very cool looking with the black mesh...
Upload

Rear remote...
Upload

Phat stainless steel emblems. I hope these don't become a cleaning nightmare...
Upload
Upload

Dash with LCD switches...
Upload
Upload

Throttle. Interesting touch to it...
Upload

Main remote. This is the closest thing you get to a head unit. I have to admit that I couldn't find the "stereo" when I first got in the boat. I didn't realize that there is no traditional head unit. There's a black box mounted down with the amps and three remotes that control it. Can I put in a CD? No, it's all digital music. The Black box has 1 gig of memory on board, so you can stash your music in the black box. You can also use Sirius or plug in a music player with the auxiliary input. For those who want to stick with CD's, you can order the six CD changer as well.
Upload

The black box...
Upload

The black box with amps and batteries...
Upload

The amps...
Upload

The subwoofer, located at the driver's feet
Upload

The batteries...
Upload

The rear seat speakers...
Upload

The side panel speaker and drink holders...
Upload

The bow seats and speakers...
Upload

Rear seats and speakers...
Upload

Subwoofer or amp control (I haven't figured that one out yet)...
Upload

Glovebox, which is ironic since wakeboarders don't really wear gloves...
Upload

Dash and steering wheel...
Upload

Overall interior view...
Upload

Another great idea. I never used my old boat cooler because we spent a lot of time on shore and I didn't want a cooler full of drinks sitting out in the hot boat melting. So Malibu adds a removable soft-sided cooler to go in side the under-seat cooler. Now it's double insulated and you can easily move your drinks in and out of the boat. Duh, why didn't I think of that?
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 8:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
how do like the rear seat speaker area now that its like an lsv. i like it but i think i would miss the flip down cupholder/arm rest. but it does get thoose 6 1/2's up off the floor. insane boat d.w.

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave what are the plans for the tower setup? Some white Wetsounds would look money up there!

(Message edited by wakeslife on August 03, 2007)

By Jay McMichael (jaytique) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 8:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that boat is beyond gorgeous

By Brett B. (bbking) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 8:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wow, i would pay any amount of money i think for that boat... beautiful! no joke !thats amazing!!!... i want a wakeboarding boat so bad ... oh well, be gracious for what you got!

did this cost you anything or did you get a discount or what? how'd you manage to get that thing, so gorgeous

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 9:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hold on while I get some paper towels to wipe up the drewl.........

Dave,
Don't think you'll be replacing this one very soon, way to go setting the bar pretty high!

By Daniel Perry (poser007) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 9:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow must say that is one of the sickest boats I have ever laid eyes on...Im jelous

By Cory McLean (kikitlo) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 10:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like how the new emblem in the middle of the side graffix looks transformerish.
I have to say that the boat is very classy looking. Congrats Dave
As for the subwoofer control, I know Fosgate use to have a bass boost so I would assume thats what it is.

By Sinko (sinkoumn) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 10:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can you write that off as a business expense?

By all eyez on me (ponte_06_x2) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 10:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
f ing sick

By Steven Hahn (solo) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 10:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
When am I coming out to play?

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 11:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That looks really good Dave.

By Loren (helix_rider) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 5:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a question about the swim platform. It appears to have a high point dead center instead of being flat all the way across. Is this a feature to help avoid fins digging into the platform while putting the board on or simply something so water flows off it when it rains or something about the actual on-water driving performance...or am I seeing things?

(Message edited by helix_rider on August 04, 2007)

By Sean McDaniel (seanmcd) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 6:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats the sickest boat I have ever seen!! Damn, what a ride..

I can see how that Dave has his priorities in order, brand new boat, $127.46 travel trailer......

SeanUpload

By Dallas brings the Syrup! (swoop) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 6:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Makes me want to trade up my 247 for an '08 model!

By Loren (helix_rider) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 8:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
LOL Sean, I noticed the same thing. I figured he had a 2nd cousin or something visiting him :-)

By Itch (fullonsalesgrp) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats Uncle Eddies place he brought the family from Nevada for the summer.

Dave I told you it would look hot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now just get those kids wiping down the vinyl everytime.

By Dan Lennox (woohoo) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The all white looks soo good, you never see that on the water, very cool!

By Matt (duckguy) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 9:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very nice, powder coat the windshield frame white

By Chris Cleveland (more_betterness) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Congrats Dave, Love the all white.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn Sean! Now I feel like I was ripped off cuz I paid $150 for that trailer! :-)

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bryan, I like having the speakers in the back seat area. The only time the old cupholder was pulled down is when the kids are playing with it or I'm cleaning it.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 10:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Roddyrod, the speakers haven't come in yet. I think they forgot to order them, so they're a little later than the rest of the boat. I have no idea what they are, so we'll see.

As far as racks go, it came with the standard Malibu bungie racks, which are made by Titan. I called Scott Sax at Titan to find out the best way to install them securely and he ended up overnighting me something "a little fancier," so I've got that to look forward to. Scott and Titan have always been super generous in taking care of the racks on WakeWorld's boats since my very first Malibu in 2000, so I really appreciate that. I'll get pics up when I get them.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 10:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Loren, the swim platform does rise up in the middle and it takes the pressure off the fins of the board while you're getting ready to ride. This is another one of those, "Duh, why didn't I think of that" ideas that really should be incorporated into every swim platform. I think they started doing this in 2006 because my last boat had it as well.

I'll have to add some pics of the swim platform in the next batch because I really like the padding they put on it. It feels like more of an EVA-type rubber, which I think will reduce the amount of sun-damaged rubber that comes off on your feet and ends up in the boat. It's also more comfortable on your feet and doesn't get as hot, especially since my new one is gray instead of black.

By june whitehead (junebug) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 12:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i can't believe how pretty it is!!!!

By innov8actionsports.com (innov8) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 12:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Clean very Clean, very nice Dave!!!!!!!

By Sean McDaniel (seanmcd) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 3:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
David, you know it is just jealousy talking.....

Nice Boat, you're the man!!

Sean

By Mr B (burbanized) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 4:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MALIBU.

A Step Beyond!

NICE!............F.In NICE!

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 4:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
WOW,I didn't think I was going to like it but that is one beautiful boat

By Chad Miranda (forwaken) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 4:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an 03 Dave and my platform does the same thing.....

By Chad Miranda (forwaken) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 4:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh, and beautiful boat!

By Pottsy (pottsy) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 5:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow im drooling

By Jeff (fuller313) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 6:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SWEET LOOKING BOAT!!!!!

Next one should be all black.

By Andrew"Jet"Mitchell (andrewjet) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 6:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dude the RV just had me rollin...Looks like NO HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION OUT THERE! LOL!

nawds to the wake setter, the white is a nice change. Jet

By Diggs (tyler97217) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 10:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
congrats... beautifulllll
is malibu offering fosgate as a factory option? cool!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, all the amps and sub are Rockford Fosgate. I think the blackbox stereo and the Sirius unit are JBL. The remotes just say Malibu on them, so I assume they are a custom setup just for their boats, but I could be wrong.

By dabigkahuna (dabigkahuna) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 1:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's the sickest Malibu I have ever seen, VERY NICE!

By Taylor (bigwaken2009) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 1:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
NO perfectpass??

By Tyler McCurdy (tyboarder03) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 1:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Malibucruise is better IMO

By Stacy Hays™ (ifishok) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The gif picture a the top makes it look like a transformer, really cool

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 1:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got Malibu's speed control on this boat. I had Perfect Pass on the last one and it was fantastic. Now I can compare the two and see how the Malibu version measures up. I've heard good things! :-)

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 5:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awesome!!! Thing looks beautiful! I like the stereo controls and speaker placements, very, very nice!

Would look even better if they hadn't put those ghetto azz wheels on that nice trailer....I guess that's only important to those of us who have to trailer their boats a lot.

By Brett Worden (brettw) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 8:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, that is a hell of a sweet boat.

Do you mind letting us know roughly the price?

I'm working on a 5 year plan to slowly but surely work my wife into also agreeing that we need a brand new beautiful wakeboard boat one day. The kid will be 7 by then and hopefully good enough to need a 'real' boat.

By Charley Carvalho (wakeeater) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 12:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
my dad is gunna drool when he shes that boat he won't stop talking about wanting to see the final pics

By Sean (qball) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 5:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the boat is incredible. I was looking at a 2005 wake setter yesterday and there seems to be a lot of difference.

By Dillon Gross (lfrider139) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 5:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
damn that thing looks fresh

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 6:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Regarding my comment on the trailer wheels....I realize it may have sounded a little harsh. What I was trying to say is that with the attention to detail that Malibu put into the boat and trailer, I was quite surprised to see such a plain looking wheel on it. The diamond plate and LED's on that trailer are very cool!

By slipknot (slipknot) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 7:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Holy crapola Dave! Congratulations! When you takin me for a pull behind that sweet thang?

By Dennis (denwbaseball) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow!! Loving it!! Very Very Jealous!! If you ever pull it to the Illinois River I'd love a pull!hahaha

By joe pearson (pearsonville) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 8:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Love the white... your clean up will be a breeze.
I'll take a ride soon...
Congrats... it's like having a new baby.

Aloha - Joe.

By J Cas (jcas) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 8:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
CLEAN

By Buzz (buzz_grande) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 9:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Beautiful new baby Dave. REALLY love the clean look of the all white. New graphics look great too. Now all it needs is a good coat of wax!

By Brad West (utwake1) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 9:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The white is awesome! Love the new graphics, but i'm still not a fan of the tower. I tend to like the classic OEM skylon towers. but still, beggars can't be choosers

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The new swivel racks from Titan came in today, so here are some pics of those along with some other stuff that I didn't shoot the other day.

They even sent t-shirts!! These guys know how to get air time on WakeWorld! :-)
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

The shiny underside before it gets soiled...
Upload
Upload

The cool swimstep padding I was talking about earlier...
Upload
Upload

The storage compartments above the engine and transmission. A nice way to make space where there was none on our "old" boat...
Upload
Upload

The 1 gig drive that came with the stereo and the USB and auxiliary inputs for the stereo located in the glove box. I really like this first pic...
Upload
Upload
Upload

By admin (admin) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
And a quick and (very) dirty animation of the Titan swivel racks swiveling...
Upload

By Buzz (buzz_grande) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 9:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice! Frickin' nice!!

By TJ (desertcajun) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 11:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
nice BU bro. Good to see you representin'. Let me chime in to w/mine too!! You will love the speed control too you can get it down to even hold wakesurf speed!!!!

Upload

By Boris Markin (borka) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 12:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My congratulations for you Dave!

By GD (greatdane) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 12:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice boat!

Dave, did you get a bimini? If so, can we see it deployed?

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 1:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Unfortunately, the bimini hasn't arrived yet, which is going to make for a very toasty maiden voyage. I'm glad the seats are white! :-)

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow! Those swivel racks are sick man! The swim platform, the usb drive, the compartment on top of the engine, Nice!!! That is a sweet ride! Enjoy!

By Army Dad (sam8) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very, very nice boat, Dave. Honestly, the nicest Malibu I've ever seen.
Gotta say, I've been building hot rods and HP sand toys for most of my life, and I am starting to see some of the high-end ideas for machine work and rigging from those worlds showing up on Ski/Wake boats. Quality workmanship is usually dectectable by even neophytes, and it sells itself without the need for outrageous advertising support, at every price point.
Looks to me like Malibu is raising the stakes.

By Preston Hall (phall925) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 1:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
does the tower rack swivel all the way into the boat or just almost like shown in the animation

also love to see a bimini deployed

beautiful boat

By nick farrell (nickdakoolkat) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 3:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
this boat is soooo sick

By dabigkahuna (dabigkahuna) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 3:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Let's see some pic of the wake!!!

By Corn Holio (thedangcorn) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 3:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why didn't you get a bayliner xt? ahahahahah

By Cory210 (flip360) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 4:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yea lets see the wake very nice

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 11:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The racks are fully swiveled in that picture. I used them this week and they're great. Very convenient. I should have gone "swivel" years ago!

By Arun Frances (poon) on Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 12:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave, when should I come pick up my boat?

By Kevin aka Chino (big_xstar) on Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 10:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So Dave, how was the maiden voyage?
Hopefully better than the last BU maiden voyage.
I am sure you remeber that day?!

By Kevbo (spunnnn) on Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 3:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought a new hat today.

By Danny Simon (wakerider42) on Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 11:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Didn't read any of the above posts, but the all white is ridiculously awesome. Reminds me of my old boat.

Danny

By taylor jensen (wakeboardertj) on Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 11:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wow, i'm loving the all white, looks so sharp.

By NAW (ripr) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave-
Hands down THE BEST LOOKING MALIBU. (Period)

Just great looking...soo jelous!

By Salinas Valley Marine (svmarine) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The boat looks sick David. But I gotta throw my ride in on this as well. I'm not pimpin' spinners like you though.

~Ryan
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Shawn (helinut) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You may not have "spinners" but that last pic more than makes up for it :-)

By NAW (ripr) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like you do have a pair of spinners.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are some shots on the Colorado River. I should have some "action" on-water shots soon...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave ~~ I will chime in and say the is a really nice looking boat, thanks for the post. Now let's see it on the water and then in action...

By Chris White (ccwhite) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is that nub forward of the tow point?

By E.J. (deuce) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Assume an anchor light....(?)

By Chris G (cgoode) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
nav light..

By E.J. (deuce) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Aren't nav lights on the front of the boat?

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's the anchor light, the white one. I guess it has to be the highest point of the vessel, so they either have to have a huge pole on it or put it on top of the tower.

By Gary Clinefelter (garyw) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave, congrats looking goood

vessels over 16 ft are required to have red and green side lights plus "from where it can best be seen an all around white light visable for at least 2 nautical miles"

By Kellan Scheiris (shavis) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Quite possibly the sexiest boat i have ever seen. Mad props....

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 9:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
alright, not to steal daves thunder here because your boat is SICK!!!!
but here is the new bu and i will have plenty more this weekend after the DRA, i promise i will bring my camara to the delta with me this time. i just couldnt wait anymore. seek peek, and i think the svm photo 3 takes the cake over any boat in this thread.Upload

By nsolis220 (nsolis220) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave my buddy has a new san 220 and it has that same compartment over the engine. In his its a vest warmer. Give it a try i bet it would work the same

By Chris White (ccwhite) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 4:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its great that they inlcluded a USB drive and made the CD optional.

By Waylon (wayz) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 8:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice clean boat Dave! I love the VLX.

By Clubjoe (clubjoe) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 8:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
nice!!

By Daniel O'Callaghan (greenthumb) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 9:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The "M" symbol in the middle of the Wake Setter on the side of the boats reminds me of the "Decepticon" symbol, one of my fave symbols of all time.
Great looking boat Dave, I love the white.

By Dtb (dtb) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
seriously, that chick should be a reef girl. wow.

By Loren (helix_rider) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave, don't know if it bothers you or not, but those window mounted mirrors always are in my way. I was on a VLX 2 weeks ago and a dude had his mirror mounted off the tower. Looked pretty sweet, up and out of the way, just the way I like it. I found this on Tommy's site.

http://www.gettommys.com/Towers/Samson-Mirror-Malibu-Illusion-X.html?CFID=20312365&CFTOKEN=14736710

Not cheap of course, and probably more for you to get it powder coated white...but I know I will never go back to a window mounted mirror if I can help it.

By Salinas Valley Marine (svmarine) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 10:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I personally think those mirror mounts are horrendous. The middle mirror works perfectly. I have never had an issue with mine on my two VLX's. They are there for a reason.

By notidad (noti_dad) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
1. Gotta love the all white boats.
2. It is very nice.
3. Can't quite get over the BIG WAKESETTER down the side. Are you gonna take that off? Might look really good naked.
4. Did they really screw that Malibu eembele to the side of the boat?
5. What are you taking pictures for with all that butter?

Upload

By Colin Hambling (themxercr85) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awsome boat Dave!

I am in LOVE with the solid white

By Chase Andrew (wakeboardnut) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hate to ask Dave, but does Malibu supply that boat at no charge? or do they give you a freakin sweet dealer cost?

By Chris G (cgoode) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Quote E.J: Aren't nav lights on the front of the boat?

Power driven vessels of less than 20 meters shall exhibit navigation lights as shown in Figure

1.Upload

So to answer your question E.J., yes you have nav lights on the front of you boat. But there are 3 lights in a navigational lighting system. SO while you need to have your white light on while anchored it is a nav light/anchor light.

By Corn Holio (thedangcorn) on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 2:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good looking boat. What's up with the transformers decal between wake setter? :-) Kinda looks like a dodge hood ornament.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 10:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave,when are you going to change the pic of the old VLX and post the new one on the home page of WW?

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This weekend! I was waiting to get some additional shots in the photo gallery, but it looks like it's going to be a few weeks for those, so I'm going with what I've got.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 10:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you already got sweet pics of it.....GET ER DONE!

By Brett B. (bbking) on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 11:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i wanna see that wake pleeeaase

i think my dad may get a wakeboard boat this winter/spring since the most people who like to go out wakeboard, so i wanna see some pics of that wake

but we'll be getting an lsv if we get one at all

By jason callen (westsidarider) on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 11:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey dave. does your boat have the built in trash can under the corner seat in the back like the 24-7 does.

By Samuel Sosa (unclesam) on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 2:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Congrats on the new boat dave. I will agree with others and say this is the nicest malibu I have seen. Love the white tower.

I am also extremely impressed with all of the added features this year.

By Trevor (hawk7) on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 9:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
so is the wake ghost goin coast to coast anytime soon?

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 9:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nope, no trash can. Although now I'm going to want one. Thanks a lot!!

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 11:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave, back to the stereo stuff. If you haven't figured it out yet, the knob is for the subwoofer. The not so obvious is the new subs are coming turned off. Use the "source" button to get to the subwoofer setting and then turn it on. I believe it's a default setting with the new deck/black box. So if you disconnect the batteries then you will have go in and turn it back on.

New electronic shift on the throttle and digital buttons are pretty sweet huh! Thanks for the post, gets me pumped for the new boats.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 12:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, I got the subwoofer figured out and I like being able to control the bass right at the dash. This thing rattles fiberglass dust from under the dash!

What do you mean about "electronic shift?"

Yes, the digital buttons are very cool!

By Ryan Pereira (cavlxenvy) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 1:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The electronic shift... aka fly by wire. No throttle cable but your '06 boat should have been the same.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 3:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's what I was thinking, but I've never heard it called "electronic shift." No, the '06 didn't have the throttle by wire, but I think it's because my '06 came out of the box a little early. The throttle by wire definitely takes some getting used to, but it's smooth as can be. My first few times out I sent some people flying across the boat because it's much easier to push the throttle. :-)

By Gary Clinefelter (garyw) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 5:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave, I dont know if you published in here or not, but which engine option did you get

By dabigkahuna (dabigkahuna) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 9:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Dave,

I think it would be cool if you published a listing of how you ordered your boat from Malibu (all options, special things you might of specified, etc.).

I'm thinking about ordering a VLX, and if I do, it's gonna be the same set-up as the Wakeworld boat (the best looking boat I have seen yet).

By Ryan Pereira (cavlxenvy) on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 1:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
David got the Hammerhead like I have in mine. 400HP and 427lb/ft torque.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 2:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yup, the Hammerhead! It's a beast. And I just got my 1235 prop to make it even more beastly. This is the ultimate wakeboarding combo!

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 5:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi Gary, you know you'll get the Hammerhead

Dave, the new '08's have gone to an electronic shift as well as the electronic throttle. When they went to electronic throttle it still had a mechanical cable shifter. Now it's all electronic and SUPER smooth. I like the sensitivity of it but it does take a little getting used too.

By Gary Clinefelter (garyw) on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 7:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave you are going to love the HH/1235 combo. You loose a little on the top end but what you gain in the low end is unbelieveable.

hi Matt!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 10:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know, I know. That's the setup we had on the old VLX. It's amazing and I don't think I ever even used the top end! :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com