DRA slider event.... Who's in? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives » Archive through April 17, 2007 » DRA slider event.... Who's in? « Previous Next »
By C.I.E.....Evan (guido) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 9:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey guys/gals....

Just wondering whose headed to Orwood this saturday night for the DRA slider event. Sounds like the guys are putting a lot of effort into building sliders and getting lights for the event.

Sounds like a blast. I know the CIE crew will be in the house to check out the action.

Who else is in?

By Douglas Lowe (load) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 9:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll be there as a spectator only!

Everyone should come on out, Gary and Tom have put a ton of effort into that slider (and the others too) it should be a lot of fun to watch the action.

See everyone there!

By Keith (keith2002) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 9:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll be bringing the family and a few neighbors.

By Gordie Taylor (wakeparent) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 10:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Evan, how many hours from phoenix? My son say's we can make it in 11.. he really want's to come, he saw Tom's slider pic and say's he's going. It may be cheaper to fly.

By 8tens (Ben Kerran) (rukie) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Me and the fam are going.

By TackleBerry (socalwakepunk) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What Gordie? No Canyon Lake? (J/K-LOL).

By GregMallek (leaks) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gordie;
12 hours from Orwood to Scottsdale. Includes 2 gas stops, and a drive through lunch. Iv'e done it at least 5 times. My Parents live there.

By Gordie Taylor (wakeparent) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff, it's still up in the air.

By Tony Carroll (ynot) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
im going to have to pass this one up but hey Gordie tell Lary if he drives to just come back up to my house and stay the week and ride with me.

By Gordie Taylor (wakeparent) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll have him call you Tony, how's the water temp?

By Aaron Nielsen (lzyboy) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The crew & I will be rolling out for sure. Do we have any pics of the sliders / course / layout yet?

A

By Jason - DRA (_jason_) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its a surprise! but there are a few shots of some of the "toys" you can play on in some other threads

Oh and yeah of course ill be there

(Message edited by _jason_ on April 10, 2007)

By Sacramento CA (brodie_chaboya) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 12:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ohhhh yeah I will be there whats the plan? Is everyone camping or what? I plan on staying in Diso till tuesday so lets ride. call me 916 802 5189
Brodie

By Elizabeth (lizzyb) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 12:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What time on Saturday night?

By WakeViolater (wakeviolater) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
im in! I already have the car packed...

By (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Delta Riders Association (DRA) kicks off 2007 with a bang on Saturday, April 14. We set up a ton of obstacles, including rails, wall rides and funboxes down Orwood Slough for a serious rail jam. We brought in lights, DJ and tons of riders to take this into the night. We are loaded with sponsors, PWC's and west side riders ready to get their slide on. The top three in outlaw will split $700 in cash.

Schedule

5:00 Registration at Orwood Resort (this is for experienced rail riders only - no beginners)
7:00 Practice
8:00 Competition starts
For those who are competing in the DRA series, this event will not count in the season standings.

See these sites for more details and the rest of the season's schedule:

www.westsideconnection.net
www.deltariders.com
For questions or to sign up, go to the Delta Riders contact page or show up in person.

Brodie,

There is a bunch of us camping, we have a bunch of sites.

Any one else looking to camp go to www.orwoodresort.com

By Gordie Taylor (wakeparent) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
(DRA), how much is entry fee and do you have to current wwa menbership?

By Myke Davis (breakz77) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll be rollin through

By (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Delta Riders Association Entry Fee’s

Single Event Entry…………..$45

Current WWA Member………$35

Event Entry + 1 year WWA membership……$70

Full WWA Membership (WWA goodies)……$85

Pre-Pay entire season entry (with full WWA membership)...$260 (10% savings)
Pre-Pay entire season(current WWA members)…..$180 (10% savings)

Checks should be made Payable to: Delta Riders Association or DRA. Sorry we do not accept credit or debt cards.

By Tony Carroll (ynot) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
not sure on the water temp but where im at its a private lake so the water is warmer then the normal lakes. i was out yesterday and i rode just shorts and vest and it was really warm i jumped in a few times after too. perfect for riding.

By mike murphy (mjmurphy53711) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was planning on going but the moving situation just happened to pan out for Saturday, sucks.....hope to see some video.

DRA, I will just grab that board at spring ride coo?

By WCW (walt) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
See everyone there.

By (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No worries Mike.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn,you guys are throwing this for my B-day and I'm not even going to be there!

By Adam Dennis (nocoast) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i'm in!!

By Misty (ivyrider) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gary: I know you mention lights and all, but after a few people asked me about it, i just wanted to point out that all the times are PM... not AM. haha...

By Kellen (kel_dub) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 4:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ill be coming up after work saturday, see you all there.

By Tate (redv215) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We will be there, camping and watching the fun

By Randy Scagliotti (wakedad33) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 7:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You guy's are going to have to much fun, I want to see lots of pic's

By tommyc (tommyc) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 10:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its almost done. We are planning on launching it tomorrow after one more day of work. Here it is:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By tommyc (tommyc) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 10:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
GOD... I hope it doesn't sink. I have had nightmares about that.

By Charley Carvalho (wakeeater) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 10:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
good job tom. hopefully i'll get up to your shop saturday to maybe try some new boards or pick up the marius. anyways good job again

(Message edited by wakeeater on April 10, 2007)

By TeamNeptunes (chas) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 10:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's a long trip from Walnut Grove to Orwood.
Looks sweet

By TackleBerry (socalwakepunk) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hope to make it up to some DRA stuff this year, have CLWC event this Sat.

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 7:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow...that thing looks awesome!!

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 8:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ohh man those look dope!!

What are you guys going to do with the sliders after the event?I would LOVE to try to hit one of those somewhere down the line!

By tommyc (tommyc) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Big Ed - We will keep them out at our camp for our boarders to use. DRA will be useing them for all of their events this year and I think Gary will be having practice sessions.

J-Rod - I told you it was going to be a good one. Luckily I had Gary do the designing, not me.

By (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 8:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If it sinks its not my fault......

But to all interested, DWC is going to have the only slider of its kind on the west coast. With the original concept coming from the Pro Tour it is going to be another definite reason to take a trip to DWC to get a chance to secession this thing. DRA and DWC are making some plans to visit this around the delta at diffrent events so stay tunned.

By Nate (norcalmalibu) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am pretty sure I will be there taking pictures and doing a small write up about the event for my school newspaper.

Anyone got an official list of who's partaking in the event? I herd top prize for outlaw was 750 is that correct?

By Elizabeth (lizzyb) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 12:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is the weather looking like? Weather.com is saying showers.

By J Fish (jfisha) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 12:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good build, looks fun, whats the purse?

By Myke Davis (breakz77) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Supposed to be showers in the morning... but who trusts weather reports?!?!

Hey Fish, did you get any word on that replacement for the premier?

By Jason - DRA (_jason_) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 3:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nate: "The top three in outlaw will split $700 in cash. "

By mike murphy (mjmurphy53711) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 7:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man, I have been talking about making a jib platform like that out of pontoons for yeeeears.......sic work guys!

By jason callen (westsidarider) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 9:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
400-first
200-2nd
100-3rd, thats what ive heard. should be an awsome season opener to get things goin. i havent hit a rail in over a year but ill be there and im workikin on gettin a friend up thats been sleepin for a while to venture up from so-cal.

By ANDYMAC (bftskir) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 10:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So how did the lauching of the slider go?
that thing is badass.

By Elizabeth (lizzyb) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 11:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like Antbug and I will be there. See you guys on Saturday! :-)

By Devlin (rocdog) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 12:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice work Tom. I will be trying to make it down there.

By Rich Dykmans (richd) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's an impressive piece of equipment!

Knowing Tom it wouldn't surprise me if it had an inboard/outboard along with a bar hidden in it somewhere as well!Upload

By tommyc (tommyc) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 4:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A couple of bottles, some mixer & 2 paddles. Come on and join the party, Rich.

By Robert Thorson (thor) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm probably going to bring my kids with me on Saturday night so my question is, will there by any concessions at the event? Will the restaurant be open? Can we bring coolers into the event with food and drinks? I'm assuming that the event is going to provide a pretty relaxed atmosphere, but I wanted to plan accordingly.

Any additional info on the event in regards to consessions, vendors, and the like would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

By Myke Davis (breakz77) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 5:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hmmm... should I come by car or boat

By Kevin Bird (kevin_bird) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 5:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Myke i think you could almost swim there. lol

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

By Stacy (h20diva) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 6:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The restaurant will be opened as well as the bar. I'm sure bringing your own food and drinks won't create a problem unless you're contibuting to minors... URGH So please be wise, and DON'T!!! We want Orwood to let us come back, so we're expecting nothing but an awesome time!

Here's some nerve racking pics of the slider getting lifted onto the trailer..... Upload

(Message edited by h20diva on April 12, 2007)

By Stacy (h20diva) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 6:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload

By Stacy (h20diva) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 6:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload

By Stacy (h20diva) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 6:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload

By Myke Davis (breakz77) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 8:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Haa Kevin!

Hey let me know when you want to come out another monday session.

I'm sure you'll be there Saturday so I'll talk to you then, if not I'll hit you up

By grant (kampus96) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 9:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
can skaters ride?

By Mike K (wakeskate) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 9:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sick rail but is that the only one?

By Randy Scagliotti (wakedad33) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 10:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What's up Mike, that would be a sick transfer on a skate. If you or Grant pulled that off you should win.

By tommyc (tommyc) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 10:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
DRA also has a kicker, and a 60ft "whatever they build" thing stuck in the Delta mud!!

By mario (ffmedic) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 11:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
any one know the skill level for intermediate....i dont want to enter this thing and kill myself...i have never entered any slider event before...except snowboarding...so just kinda wondering what to expect in the riders...in that class...if anything maybe i could get hardest slam...of the day......lol

By Tony Miorana (tentcitygoon) on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 11:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is the event going down even in the rain?

By DAVE B (dhr) on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 11:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes even in the rain , weather reports rain in the am and clearing in the afternoon

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&zipcode=94513&metric=0

By bg (bigpapaf1f) on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 11:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant, You still liftin? Last time I seen you your arms here huge!!!!

See you guys this weekend!!

By grant (kampus96) on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 6:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thats all i been doing brandon.im benching around 375 now.we need to ride!

By sherman (sherman) on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 9:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well we just left Orwood and it FLOATS

By Charley Carvalho (wakeeater) on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 9:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
awesome good job all who were involved in the building of the massive fun box

By Keith (keith2002) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can't wait to see you guys pulling riders with that sweet bass boat you were using to install the 60ft "whatever you are building".

By Clete (domin8) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Will it be set up between the two five mile an hour zones ?

By Keith (keith2002) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Clete - I saw them setting it up yesterday. It goes from the swim area toward Disco Bay, in the 5. What time is everyone planning on getting there?

By Clete (domin8) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think we will show up about 3-4 if they are going to start at 5. I guess we will park over in the tent camp ground and walk up on the levee ?

By tommyc (tommyc) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It Floats, I can't belive it, it floats. Buffalow, post those pictures of the launch.

By J Fish (jfisha) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 12:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
why does the aframe on the side of the slaughter box go all the way into the water?

By DAVE B (dhr) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 12:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that is the way that they wanted to build it j fish

By Tony Miorana (tentcitygoon) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 3:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that is poor design

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 6:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What are you guys bitching about? What is poor design?

By TackleBerry (socalwakepunk) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 6:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dude what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the DRA slider event about now...????

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 6:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I flaked . I feel like a total looser, but the lazy side of me is ruling this day. The morning rain set the wrong tone.

Way to call me out though!

By Tom March (tomcalabria) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 7:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
where are pics? I could not make it there today but want to see what is going down.

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
poor design is making the a-frame 10 feet out of the water.

By Randy Scagliotti (wakedad33) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 7:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's good, makes for big boy rail riding Joe.

By Tony Miorana (tentcitygoon) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The down part of the rail shouldn't go all the way into the water. The point of a transfer box is to gap to the flat or to the down, when you lock into a boardslide you want to drop of the rail not slide directly into the water. Imagine gaping to front board and trying to do a BS 180 out, you would have to try and jump off early but you would probably just catch an edge. It is more stylish/smooth/easy to do the 180 off a drop. It is a very sick rail though and looks to be build at top quality.

By tommyc (tommyc) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We actually cut about 3ft. off of the a-frame. I was told to do that from the start, but I wanted the a-frame to start in the water. A few people clued me in and we made the cut. I made a mistake.

I think in general, the riders were likeing it. We will listen to them and make the right tweaks to it. Next event is at Union Point in 2 weeks, I think. I promise, it will be better. We are committed.

By tommyc (tommyc) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe, its only about 6ft out of the water. You are short, I can see how you could make that mistake.

By Charley Carvalho (wakeeater) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 12:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the riders were killing it out there and luckily no one was hurt. the in ground rails were Huge for the finals.

By Randy Scagliotti (wakedad33) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 6:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
winners?

By WCW (walt) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 8:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was amazed at how many people showed up in the rain. Great job DRA and all of those that sponsored the event.

Upload

By Stacy (h20diva) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 10:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's the winner's!

1st - Brandon Martindale
2nd - Jaret Brantley
3rd - Brian Austerman
4th - Waylan Broussard
5th - Kellen Parker

}}

(Message edited by h20diva on April 15, 2007)

By Stacy (h20diva) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 10:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Another awesome turnout, what else can Gary & I say, but thank you!

We want to give props to our Sponsors for showing up in spite of the horrible weather! Also, we want to thank everyone who helped out in making this event happen and props to all the rider's who suffered through the storm and still decided to come and ride knowing they would be freezing their butts off... You guys all ROCK! Also a thank you to the spectators who staggered, slipped and traipsed through the thick mud!

This just proves to us why we continue to do these event's and why we love the Delta. Last night has just kicked off the start of another great season!

See ya on the 28th at Union Point!

By Keith (keith2002) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 11:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Great event guys. I just finished cleaning the mud off our shoes. I guess I need to clean the truck now. I can't wait for the next one. Please don't let Josh Smith make weather predictions for that one .

By Clete (domin8) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 12:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very cool (literally) night out in the rain. I guess if your going to stand out in the rain for 5 hours it should be at the delta watchin these guys going for it.
Thanks DRA and all those who made this deal happen. Pretty cool deal for us to watch. I am no rider but those rails were way out of the water towards the end. Scary for me ! And for those riders that were able to hit the top of that rail on the box - WOW -

By Myke Davis (breakz77) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice shot Walt!

"and luckily no one was hurt" - Actually Matt got hurt and was brought to the hospital for his arm. No exact diagnosis yet due to swelling. Wishing him the best of luck for a speedy recovery!

Thanks again DRA for the awsome event! See you at the next one!

By Kellen Ringen (kel_dub) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 7:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sure was a good turn out even with the wet weather. My buddies an I all had fun pulling and tying off the fun box to the dock in the INSANE wind this morning, yikes! Hope everything else went ok after we took off...

By (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 8:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
One last Thanks to everyone who came out, After lots of hours hammering and bandages we got it put together. Special thanks to Red Bull, Delta Sport Boat, Liquid Trends, CWB, Neptune Audio, CIE, Nice Rack, Ultimate Watersports, Buywake.com, Cire, Fusion Wake, Honda watercraft, Supra/Moomba, Nor Cal Mastercraft, and Orwood Resort for making this and the rest of the season possible.
I would also like to thank Trevor and Doug for giving up some Saturdays to help build that massive fun box. Thanks also to Tim (Brick), Jody, Kellen, Jason, Buffalo, Ryan and Dave Mahondro, the whole Mauer family, Tate, Steve, and my wife for sticking it out on with me on Friday and Saturday to get things ready.
We learned alot on this one and have bigger and better ideas fot the future to make eaiser to deal with the tide changes.
My biggest thanks goes to the riders who showed up and killed it all night long in the rain and cold (stupid weather). The biggest stud of the night was Tyler (don't know the last name (shame on me)) for pulling all the riders without even a whisper of a complaint. Scott you the man also for hanging on a ski all night long and picking up riders and making adjustments to that damn kicker. Now I am tired and I am going to sleep for 3 days. I sure do love the Delta.

By TeamNeptunes (chas) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 9:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload
Upload

By Tim W (brick) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 10:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's a couple more pics....

Upload
Upload
Upload

By Renee V (litlone873) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 9:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You guys did a great job! It was great to see so many people out in the rain. Too bad we had to leave early, we didn't get to see the finals.

Chas, that's a great shot of our boat, can you send me the high resolution version?

By C.I.E.....Evan (guido) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 9:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice job guys... The weather was brutal. It was cold and rainy, but the crowd was still there. It's a definite tribute to the loyal DRA followers and a prelude to a killer summer. Can't wait for the nice weather and the rest of the events.

By Abbie&Grace'sdad (deltagrubber) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think that's how far out of the water that rail was for the finals!!!! That was crazy!!!
Good to see old friends again and nice to finally meet all the WW's in person, way to stick it out guys and gals, that's commitment!!! Great event, great fun and mud for all
Good chattin with ya Walt at the fire... we'll catchup with ya next time.
Stacy, good Sun morning chat...oh the things you learn on a Sun morning post event, eh?
Catch ya'll next time!

By (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 10:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think it just goes to show you how much true talent the Delta Area has. The guys had some serious obstacles in front of them and never backed down.

Please check out Delta Wakeboard Camp in the future. All of the toys for the event will be at there camp and there will be more to come. Don't hesitate to contact DRA (www.deltariders.com) or Delta Wakeboard Camp (www.deltawakeboardcamp.com) with any suggestion on future obstacles or how we can improve what you have seen already.

PS. we will be shortening up the A-Frame some more for the record.

By Jason Buffalow (buffalow) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 11:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
WOW, another great event. I am so happy to be involved with Gary and Stacey in DRA - they are very passionate and devoted to this, which is refreshing. Thank everyone for coming out and braving the conditions. The riders, once again prove to be devoted and impessive. There are so many people that put in their time, money and energy into making this event happen that did so with no desire for recognition. This season looks to be the best ever for California and I am proud to be able to help out. For any that missed it, please try to make it out on April 28 at Union Point. Take a moment to thank the people that are helping out on the docks, boats, registration,etc. as they are ALL donating their time. Also, if you have been on the fence out about competing, this series is for you. Sign up and ride - you will met a ton of local riders that are just as passionate as you about wakeboarding. Come Join us and thank you for all of your support.

By Tim W (brick) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 1:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That first rail was even farther out of the water by the time finals came around. The tide really pulled out more than we were anticipating. I'm glad it still worked out though. It was really impressive to see guys hit that rail.

By Tony Carroll (ynot) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
looked like an awesome event. to bad i couldnt make it but as Buffalow said if you can make it out to the DRA event on April 28 at Union Point. even if you dont ride or are thinking about it, come on out and hang out. Cant wait for the 28th.

By Matt Norton (mwaken) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 3:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Still waiting on an MRI but doctors think I tore my bicep muscle. Other than that great event guys! Sorry to take you away from the event Gary.

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/wilder11/mattsarm002.jpg[/IMG]

By Jason - DRA (_jason_) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 4:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dang Matt! That thing really swelled up! Hope everything goes well for you. Well all be here wishing for a fast recovery.

By Lady n Pink (lmasterson) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 5:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just wanted to say great event saturday night even with that killer weather....DRA knows how to put on a event and all the riders out there were awesome..can't wait till the next one!!!

By Tate (redv215) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 9:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You guys are awesome. We had a blast! DRA is what wakeboarding is all about to me. Glad to be a part of it!!!!!!!!!! See everyone at the next event.

By scott a (scott_a) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 9:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn, dude. Get well soon, Matt. Thanks for the boot holders, too.

By Tom March (tomcalabria) on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 10:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, I was pretty bummed to hear about your arm. I hope that you get better soon! There is always beer on my boat and you can always ride with your good arm. I hope to see you on the pirate ship soon!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com