Parks - Any word? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives » Archive through February 21, 2007 » Parks - Any word? « Previous Next »
By Chase Andrew (wakeboardnut) on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 10:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey,

Just checking to see if anyone has any word on Park's recovery. I know back in Sept or so he said in that ronix vid about how he just did his first wake jump

anyone have any hear say on how he is now? workin on his board/bindings?

if he will be competing by this season?

I really hope he makes it into an event before the end of the year

By Byrd (byrd) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 9:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is a picture of him in the new WB Mag. Its on one of the table of contents pages. I think the second one. I dont know if it's a current pic or not, but I didnt recall seeing a knee brace or anything.

By bg (bigpapaf1f) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 9:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I kicked it with him a about a month ago, He is a cool @$$ dude! He said its gettin better and if I remember right (I was drunk) He should be good come summer.

By Ben (bennygoodx) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 10:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What happened to him?

By Billy (woreout) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ben. An Alligator bit him last april, if it was'nt for his brother Shane jumping in and poking the alligator in the eye he would have been dead.

By jc (ballsdeep) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Billy,
RE: Your profile pic
How in the hell were you up that early to take that pic?

By Billy (woreout) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hadnt been to bed yet.

By jc (ballsdeep) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
great answer!

By Ben (bennygoodx) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you freaking serious??? An alligator??? Unbelievable.

By Randy Scagliotti (wakedad33) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is going to hurt I can't be first

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yep that's right! An Alligator, right after the attack they called the crockadile hunter to have him catch the beast! Steve Erwin and Shane set out in a canoe to capture the beast! Shane caught it on 5 lb test line with night-crawlers! Right afterwards they both waxed their wakeboards up so they were fast and slippery, then used the Alligator as a slider!

Now it lives at the Orlando Zoo, in a Cage Marked Parks' Ronix Alligator! Its like 24 feet long and 5 tons!

(Message edited by andy nintzel on February 02, 2007)

By doctor octagon (dococ) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually, the real problem was that alligators' teeth are coated with bacteria, so it was not the actual lacerations from the bite that caused so much trouble, it was his body's reaction to the bacteria leading to staph infection, which is serious because these bacteria have become resistant to the antibiotics that we use. It's a big problem, consumer reports just did a report on it. Still lucky Shane or nobody else got more badly hurt in the altercation, I've heard a solid whack from al alligator tail can snap a person's spine like a toothpick.

By Tim (raketball) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't recall an alligator biting him. I thought he got mauled by a manatee?

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
a naked manatee!

By doctor octagon (dococ) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
manatee have bacteria, too

By Billy (woreout) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think Shane was pretty upset for quite a while.
I know they havent been back in the lake that it happened in since the attack. Doc your right the infection he had was horrible.

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't know what to believe on this thread...

By nacho (denverd1) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea that shiz was crazy. he couldn't walk for like 6 months or something like that. damn!

By Ben (bennygoodx) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So torn ACL???

By doctor octagon (dococ) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
bacteria.
from the alligator's teeth
Google "MRSA" if you don't believe me!

By Byrd (byrd) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, during the incident, the alligator smacked him in the knee with its tail and dislocated it and messed up all his knee guts...

By doctor octagon (dococ) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
knee guts!
Is that like deez?

By Billy (woreout) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It was bad, he could of lost his leg. I talked to his mom Betty right after the attack and she was a wreck!! (understandable though) I never understood why they never mentioned his name in the article in the newspaper. Maybe he witheld it cuz of contracts or something?

By doctor octagon (dococ) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually, I believe they were trying purposely to keep the Bonifay name out of it in case of any PETA involvement, considering what eventually happened to the gator.

By Billy (woreout) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah I didnt think about that. PETA is bad here in Polk County. They even tried to close a tourist place here for selling goats milk fudge.
PETA (people eating tasty animals)

By Jeff (innov8actionsports.com) (innov8) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hahahahaa

Thats pretty damn talented to be able to catch that gator on 5lb test line with night crawlers!!!!

By Billy (woreout) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
He had the drag set super loose.

By G. Rios (dreambig) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice try on the naked manatee story! Do u think i'm stupid or something? I dont think its very funny to joke about such a serious accident, but it was only a matter of time till someone was bite by an alligator boarding. RIP Parks

By notidad (noti_dad) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the same thing happen after puffing on some Kona Gold and downing a few beers before riding one morning @ Lake Elsinore. The fresh water crocs are really aggresive and pack a bite. Sounds like they like that Kona stuff. Or maybe the beer smell acts like some kind of chum.

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I heard Harf came to his rescue, and it was lucky for Parks his lips are so big. Harf actually sucked out much of the harmful algae prior to the paramedics arrival, preventing the infection from getting to his vital arteries.

By Tim (raketball) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice to see such a creative group of people. This is great.
Tim

By Chase Andrew (wakeboardnut) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 6:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sorry i didnt know i made this post on wakeboarder.com

By Tyler McCurdy (tyboarder03) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 6:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
BURN!!!!

By Billy (woreout) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 7:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gators love chicken, so they should of thrown Philip Soven in to get the gators attention.

By Big Heavy (stephan) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 1:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I swear to God, Wakeworld gets better everyday! the best part is all the "I heard" statements because there is so much of that crap in wakeboarding from people trying to act like they are part of the game. Therefore...

I heard that after he got mauled by the gator he let a Pluvianus aegyptius (those birds that eat the mung out of a gators mouth) eat the bacteria out of his gaping wound to make sure it didn't get infected. Only the stupid thing was cross-eyed and missed 5/12ths of the bacteria particles. Birds suck!

By Mike O'Callaghan (greenpinky) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 5:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
By Billy (woreout) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 7:31 pm:

Gators love chicken, so they should of thrown Philip Soven in to get the gators attention.

BUUUHAHAHAHAHA!

By Steven Hahn (solo) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 5:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
First of all, the gator only attacked him because he'd been wearing the same smelling shorts for over 6 months. The rotten smell coming from his crotch attracted the predator. It smelled like rotten chicken a Florida Gator delicacy!

By kevin mcginty (kmcginty) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 6:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought I heard that the Ronix alligator was the lightest alligator ever, by at least 5 pounds.

By Andrew Moreton (andrew_moreton) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 7:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Talked to Parks all day yesterday at our booth at the Dallas Boat Show and he says his leg is finally better, he will be riding this year, and he is done shaping his board for 2008 and they are working on putting it into the computer now.

By Billy (woreout) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 7:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually, the gator is the one that ended up with the horrible infection and died. The gators last words on record was,
" Damn that tasted like Sh#*"
and moments later he took his last breath.

By Byrd (byrd) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 8:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree, a chicken named Froggy wont last too long around a hungry gator...

By kevin mcginty (kmcginty) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 9:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
As a side note, that canoe that shane and steve erwin were in, put out a better wake than cc, mastercraft, and malibu......

Of course, none of this would have happened if the gator owned a diesel, or would have demoed how other riders tasted, or if Bling would have just put some LED's on the gator....

By Chase Andrew (wakeboardnut) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 3:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks Andrew.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com