Northern UTAH V18 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Find A Third/Be A Third » Northern UTAH V18 « Previous Next »
By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Monday, April 20, 2009 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SPRING HAS SPRUNG~~~~NEW THREAD AND SHRED

Do the following when the water is too cold....
roosten.....
Upload
Upload
biking.....
Upload

By Anthony (aep6475) on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 8:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like fun Jason. Think I might have to invest in some cool power toys myself. Maybe time for a snow mobile and a couple 4 wheelers. No way I could get my wife on a motorcycle, so I think 4 wheels is the way to go for me.

By E.J. (deuce) on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 12:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anthony,

Motorcycle is MUCH safer than 4 Weeelers IMO.

NICE Jason.... That Mountain bike pic is good stuff, who did the panning? Did you get the email I sent you about the MTN bike tri this weekend? I wonder if they will still do it if it gets wet....

(Message edited by Deuce on April 21, 2009)

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 6:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
E.J.~~~a buddy of mine took that pic of the mountain biking. It was actually in Fruita last Fall, but I've been riding a bunch this Spring already.

And you are 100% right on the safety of 4 weeeelers. They are not nearly as safe as a dirt bike. If you like mountain biking, you need to try trail riding on a dirt bike. Lets just say I'm going to have a hard time deciding between wake boarding and dirt biking.

By E.J. (deuce) on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 6:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My brother in law and nephew are big into the MX..... Michelle hates motorcycles, she does not differentiate the road from the dirt.... All bad. I'd have a better chance getting a girlfriend than a motorcycle......

Besides, now with the roadie, I am not sure when I am going to have ample time for the bikes and boat.... 26 miles on the road on Saturday, then shoreline with the MTB on Sunday.... Getting in some time when I can.....

In a few weeks, I am going to come ride up that way.... Maybe Kimble Jct. to your place.....you'll have the beers read I assume?

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 9:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Drysuits are off!
Water at UT Lake last night was 62!
Upload
Upload
}Upload

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
good pics josh, water temp 62 and you are in a full wetsuit?!?! grow some nads

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, the fashion police is looking for you!!! You violate section 3.2a (wearing board shorts over long wetsuits)....

Water was 78F and air was 85 yesterday, Hide and the kids got their first sets of the year in and they had a blast. (but it's raining here today).

(Message edited by Ryan_shima1 on April 23, 2009)

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 12:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim ~~ Grow some nads? Last set of the year in 08 was Dec 7th, and first set of the 09 season was just after ice off (all thanks to David H). O, and smaller people like myself don't do as good in colder water than others! Let's get on the lake and I will drive so you can trunk it, your a bad ass!

Shima ~~ I will not wear the shorts when your around.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 8:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
E.J.....just let me know when you want to come up and ride the mountain bike in my back yard. I will throw down for beer and margaritas. You can ask Jim about my margaritas. They suck.

Josh....62 and wetsuit????? I agree with Jim~~~grow some nads. I will even trunk it in anything over 60 and I'm one of the biggest wimps around. Just jaggin ya. Great pics and I'm happy to see you riding. I may go out this weekend but I have a dirt bike riding offer to consider.

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 6:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
JB is the margarita master. I have tried to emulate his recipe with little success. EJ be prepared for a sleepover!

Josh, my boat is still in hibernation so I guess I should stick my nads in my mouth

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 8:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim ~~

Jason ~~ With the weather being the way it is... dirt bike for sure!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 11:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I see the weather is turning crappy again back home, that sucks! Can't it just stay consistent already!!!!!!!

By Anthony (aep6475) on Monday, April 27, 2009 - 11:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason, did you say margaritas? :D

What the heck ever happened to the pool and drinking party? I wanted to finally do something I was good at.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 9:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anthony ~~ Your beating a dead horse!

Shima ~~ Welcome back, I hope you brought some sun with you!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 10:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, I actually only got sun on the last 2 days I was home. Doesn't look like I did a good job bringing the sun & warmth back with me.

By Anthony (aep6475) on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 12:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload

I hate that horse anyway.

Ryan, glad you are back. How are you feeling about your season?

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 5:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anthony, I am down for pool and beer at my place. Lets do it!

By E.J. (deuce) on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 6:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm in......assuming I am invited....

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anthony, I feel pretty good about how the season went this year. It was a good model for this Olympic year, although a lot of work still needs to be done.

I'm down for drinks and pool too!!!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 6:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim ~~ We heard this before !

By Anthony (aep6475) on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 9:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm working on a job in Idaho so can we do it soon? I'd like to get to some whooping :-)

By Anthony (aep6475) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 7:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok, I am working on getting permission for one of the next two weekends, who is in for the wakeworld pool tourney!!!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 8:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm in but this weekend might be problematic. Next weekend would be better for me.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 9:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim....this weekend would work but next weekend is roost-a-fari in Moab. Dirt biking is pretty f-ing addicting....kind of like all the other sports I do.

I don't want to put ya all to shame anyway. My plan would be to get ya all drunk and kick your ashes.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 9:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason, if memory serves me right, it was you who got put to shame last time . Hahaha!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 9:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
BTW Anthony, that was pretty funny!

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 6:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guys I cant this weekend. I meant one of the following 2 weekends.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 8:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Willard Bay south Marina is open for business, now whos up for some waterfun next week before I take off north for my hitch? Speedo is fixed now.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 9:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, I will be soon. I'll be in touch.

Jim, just let me know when you decide.

By Anthony (aep6475) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, I'm probably game. My contract got killed yesterday so I'm free for a couple weeks while I job search/wrap up :-)

I'm down for whatever weekend to play. If 2 weeks from now works for everyone, then that works for me.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 4:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I head back up to tundra land this coming Wed so first good day it looks like Im up for, whether it be morning, afternoon, or evening. Except 5 de Mayo (wifes B-day) call me if you need too 801-726-7570

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 5:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim, quit slacking! You've been talking about this for three years now! I'm in, if it ever happens

By schuyler (sky_high) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey matt you gonna post up some of the pics from yesterday or what?

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 8:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
LOL yes I will, and incedently all the good pics were of you on the board! I will do it first thing tommarrow the wife is hounding me this minute

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 10:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Went to South Marina tonight to test run the boat to make sure everything was running properly. First off, the bugs SUCK right now! Second, the water in the marina is so mucky and filled with crap that it's like taking your boat out of a swamp. But the water out in the main lake seems fine. On the good side, it's a shorter drive from home.

Well, at first, had a heating problem and thought it was the impellar since we changed it last night (even though the last one was fine). After trouble shooting for about 90', and noticing nothing wrong, we put back in and everything was ok all of a sudden. So ran the boat on the lake for about 10 minutes and headed in after discovering no issues.

Next project, changing my steering cable, but not sure when that will happen.

Matt, can't ride on either Mon or Tues because of work and Monday is wife's birthday and Tues is our anniversary. I guess we'll need to hook up on your next trip home.

Sky, how's it going man!!!! Did you ever end up selling your boat? BTW, did you hear Taggart is getting married tomorrow??? I just found out from him today.

(Message edited by Ryan_shima1 on May 01, 2009)

By schuyler (sky_high) on Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 6:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, sweet i found some on centurion crew, loooked good, it was fun

Ryan, things are going good, i still have my boat, still up for sale this economy is taking a toll! Yah that is wild that ryan is tying the Knot, i have not seen him for a while but he seems happy and his dad said that the family really likes the girl she is marrying so i wish him all the luck in the world

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 11:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sky, yeah she seemed really nice the one time I met her. I'm happy for him.

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 12:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ry, get that cable changed! You might be the only one strong enough to steer your boat.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 1:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Haha, I hear that Jimbo! I even had a hard time yesterday at first but then it started loosening up as we drove the boat for the 10'.

Have you de-winterized your boat yet?

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 6:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ry, I havent done the boat yet. I was planning to do it the last couple days but the rain got in the way. I am hoping to do it one of the next few evenings, lets pray I winterized it properly!!!

By D Mercer (elduke) on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 9:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would probably be in on the tournament of pool but it is a promise not fulfilled. Just teasing us for years. I am wondering if you even have a pool table...

Ryan watch the temp gauge for the next couple of outings. Typical wear is 100 hours or 2 seasons, whichever comes first. And if you did not use RV antifreeze they wear out sooner. I just drained the block on my SNOB and my impellar was shot on first run. I had run it in my driveway for an hours and it was fine but once under load kapoww!! Good thing I always carry a spare.

When is it actually going to get warm? I hate Utah spring!!

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 4:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dario, you will be at the pool event and you will be throwin down the brews, just like the good old days at the Vortex :-)

How does the weekend of the 15th work for you guys?

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim ~~ So does it mean that the 16th being Armed Forces Day were celebrating something. I'm with D though, are you sure you have a table? I guess I need to make sure that I'm invited ( I will bring the high point Natti!)

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 10:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim, that weekend should work but we also promised Dave & Dawn to babysit Maddy for them, but not sure what weekend yet. So we may have to bail if it falls on the same day.

Darin, thanks for the advice. I will for sure keep an eye on the temp gauge for the next time we go out. The old impellar was still good so I'm keeping that as a backup.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 8:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 15th could probably work for me. I will bring some PBR. You better be there, cause I'm not checking this board until after the event and I'm just showing up at your house. If your not there, I will make myself at home. Make sure your sheets are clean.

By Levi Cress (levi) on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looking for a good place to take my trailer for some possible brake repairs. Any suggestions? I live in Lehi. Thx....

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 5:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Levi, I'm not aware of any place but maybe someone else on here will know of a place to go. I would be curious as well since at some point in the future, I'll probably need some trailer work.

By utah rider (davidbouvier) on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
jim, ryan, dawn and i will be in san diego that weekend so have fun. you guys can do your trailer brakes yourself. it's too easy. I'm probably all done wakeboarding because of my shoulder, but i still want to mooch boat time. If you guys head out at a decent hour on weekends let me know.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for letting me know Dave. I'll let you know when we head out on the water. I'm getting the steering cable changed out right now but any time we head out on the water, you, Dawn & Maddy are welcome. Have a great time in San Diego!

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 6:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How about the 16th or does Friday the 15th work better? Either night works for me so lets get it done!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 7:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim, either day would work for me.

By Anthony (aep6475) on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 11:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not sure I'm going to make pool night. I'm starting my new job on the 1st of June in Idaho. Lots to do between now and then to get prepared. I'm going to stay with the military down here so I'll be coming down once a month and hope to see you all every once in a while.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 12:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anthony, congrats on the new job but it sucks you won't be around much. You'll need to stay in touch and make sure you let us know when you'll be back in town so we can get out on the water.

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 2:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anthony you brought up the pool deal and now you arent coming?!?!? A few hours of beer and pool wont hold you back!

By Anthony (aep6475) on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 7:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll have to take a look Jim, I apologize for starting something I can't finish but I have so much going on right now it's not even funny. There's a good chance I'm going to be in Cali for the next week or so helping out with some family things before I even start to move.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 8:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, the boat is now officially summerized. Jim, you won't have to worry about getting an upper body workout now when you drive the supra, the steering cable was changed today and it steers like butter!

Willard was windy tonight so no riding (except Faith who took a short set in the chop). But it was nice to run the boat to make sure everything runs right & works properly after the winter. Bugs are hatching!!!!! The walls look like they have smoke above them from swarms. It's going to suck for the next month!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 8:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim ~~ You on or what for this weekend?

Shima ~~ If you need a break from your protein in take from eating all those bugs, hit David up... he's more than willing to ride anytime!

By BDH (bdehaan) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 1:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Haven't posted in a while and at the risk of it being bad form, I wanted the Utah contingent to know I have a Lake Powell houseboat for sale should anyone have any interest. Share is on 73x16 ft. houseboat; week #22; will sell for $5500 - it's priced to sell. I can post pics if you'd like, but also understand the "find rider" forum is not the place - forgive me if such is the case. But, I know a lot on here go to Powell on regular basis.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 2:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Josh, will do. What's been your schedule like these days? Have you started your "off work" Monday's yet?

Hey Brad, it's been a while since we've seen you on the thread. Good luck in selling your HB share.

You planning to keep your boat up at EC again this season?

By BDH (bdehaan) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 3:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Ryan, nice hearing from you. Yes, it's been a while. I lurk, but rarely post. Not sure where I'll keep boat although I prefer EC. Missed the entire season last year with other issues, but anxious to get out a lot this year. Hope to see you around.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, I spoke with Jim. He said the pool tourney is off, he has a big lawn sprinkler project to complete this weekend. Plus, guys starting bailing out so I don't blame him for wanting to cancel.

Brad, hope to see you out on the water. Let me know if you want to ride at all.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shima ~~ Not Jason, he's going to be on Jim's door step with cold drinks having a good time!

By David (dhorton) on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 10:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All ~ anyone interested in playing pool is welcome to play on my table this Friday night. It is poker night at my house Friday and the pool table is mostly used by the early losers to try and make some of their money back (all to often this includes me). If you like playing poker, looks like this Fridays game may be a few guy short of a full table, let me know if you have any interest in either.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 9:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
David ~~ So your saying every time we played I should have thrown down a bet? You think I'm a rookie, you let me beat you every game and when it comes time to bet your going to hussel me.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 10:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Dave, thanks for the invite. Not sure if I'll be able to make it but when would you need to know by? I haven't played poker in ages.

By David (dhorton) on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 1:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey Ryan if you want to play let me know anytime we start at 8pm, looks like we have enough guys and we should be playing

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 7:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just picked up a Voda tramp board for my B-day and I hope it helps me progress and throw a few more tricks in my very limited bag-O-tricks....then I will suck less. I sessioned it after work today and I'm pretty impressed with it as a training tool. I just need to add some pull in the rope to get a better simulation.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 9:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
David, I will let you know but don't plan on me as of right now. I hope you win a lot of money, I mean, it is your house.

Jason, nice purchase. The VODA is made from the same guys (most of them) as the ones who produced the GURU boards. Have you gotten your boat out yet???

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Friday, May 15, 2009 - 8:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason ~~ Right on with the purchase, I would like to try one and see how it works. Let us know what you think about it when you get some time on it.

David ~~ I got people in town but might try and sneak away and take some of your winnings!

Anybody else going out this weekend to enjoy some sunshine and chilly water? Be safe and post up some pics if you do.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 12:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Greetings from the Arctic! Hope all is well and everyone is having a good time on some water.

Ryan, Anthoney,Josh lets hook up when I get back in week!! Im itchin to warm up from this sub zero crap Ive been workin in all day

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 12:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thats one week that is. my bad

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt ~~ You know I'm down, not sure I want to make the ride for the bugs!

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 8:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im for an afternoon/morning sets by all means,,,Keep in mind,,,I will have 2 weeks off from working!!!!
Pineveiw could be an option as well

By Levi Cress (levi) on Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 10:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Utah lake this afternoon. Water temp is nice...just boardshorts and after the first plunge no probs. No temp guage on my boat or I'd pass it along..... Powell in a week for me! Hope to see you guys out there sometime!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 11:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, let me know when you get back and we'll do it up.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, May 18, 2009 - 8:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nothing like Sunday session's!
Upload

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 9:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Levi, I had some trailer work done down Sprinville at Bubba's Trailers. (If I recall correctly, just down the road from MM Watersports at the springville exit, west side of the freeway. Sorry for not posting this earlier I just finally got to a computer.

Shima Im in Anch now I fly in tomarrow morn!! so lets do it for next week Im pretty much game for whenever Time for me to thaw out!!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 9:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, I'll be going out of town tomorrow until Monday evening. I'll let you know what day next week I can get out on the water. Looking forward to the ride.

By E.J. (deuce) on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 7:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Washed, waxed.....impeller changed and checked over, ready for the season.... 'BOUT TIME.....

Upload
Upload
Upload

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 8:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Boat looks good EJ, time to get her dirty!!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 6:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Holy Cow look how big Ms. Abby is!!! How about we get together some time so your little one can show my daughter that the water is not bad and swimming is good. Mom has taught her about the fish and how they can bite !

Well I just got back from a trip of Rain, Mud & 4 Wheelers. I got to say the wheelers are fun but how they can turn real bad with the wrong rider. I was always the last one up and down the trail due to the first time ever being on a wheeler but I came home with nothing broken. Those damn things can go almost anywhere, the people in front of me go up a steep grade trail and I'm thinking to myself there is no way anybody is getting up that. Well after watching everybody and picking my line I gave it a go. Holy S what a rush!

Time to ride again!

By Buckweat Terry (buckweat) on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 4:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey guys my name is Lance I'm from WA but going to be in Utah this week looking to get a pull on thursday the 28th to get some practice before the INT event at Sand Hallow. utah county area would be great. thanks

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 7:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lance Welcome here, hopefully you can get a ride, Im farther north :-(

Shima, I had a blast last night. I did catch hell from my daughter over not bringing her along though. Heres some pics of last night.

Josh I will post on DTFR as well later on today.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 7:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Holy cow Shima lost some weight in that last pic!

Matt ~~ Looks like you guys got some great water, now how about the truth and tell about the bugs. Great pics by the way.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 7:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, Shima is getting some fabulous results on that jenny crank diet I tell what! Im next to try it

As for the bugs,,Ya they came out later on the evening. Poor Faith and Mr "T" were eating em on their last sets. Great kids them 2 are, know how to ride and have fun attitudes. (credit to Dad on that)

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 7:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the pics Matt, had a blast and we'll definitely have to do it again when you get back next month. You were shredding the gnar!

Josh, bugs only came out towards the end of the night (last half hour). Until then, I was pleasantly surprised.

By Anthony (aep6475) on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 12:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
8 days left in Utah. Sorry I couldn't meet up with you all before taking off, but between some nasty family stuff and trying to move, time has run short.

It's been a fun ride over the last 11 years living in Utah. Learned a lot and met some great people. I'm going to stay in the Utah Guard for a little while longer until I figure out what to do with the rest of my military career so I'll be heading down for at least one weekend a month from here on out.

I hope to run in to you all again and I look forward to the skating season update emails from Ryan.

Now if I could just find a stupid freaking house in Idaho Falls. I can't believe the pickings are so slim on decent property up there.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 9:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Anthony,
Left a message on your voicemail, give me a call before you leave. I would like to catch up with you before you skip town.

By snot rag (rideut) on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 3:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan, Thanks for letting me try out the boards yesterday. I went down today and picked up the vice from MP.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 8:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anthony ~~ It was great to meet you up at Jason's grass party and then get a session behind your boat. You know your always allowed on the Northern thread but you have to share pics and stories about living up North, keep the snow stories to yourself.

Mike ~~ How is the ankle holding up now a days? Good to see people get new gear and really like it. Shima tried to suck me in the Obrien family but I ended up really liking the C-Dub Ab for my riding. Are you riding UT at all, if you need a fourth or fifth some time let me know. I would say you might be the only one on this thread I haven't rode with, ok Jason to.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 8:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No worries Mike, that's my "job" for Obrien and welcome to the family. Thanks for the pulls yesterday, even though I just ended up wasting gas on my sets. BTW, did the boys at MP take good care of you?

Josh, I already knew you were beyond help when you swore by the Parks. JUST KIDDING bro!!!! Don't worry, one day you'll see the light. In all seriousness, you shred the Ab! BTW, where's David been? I haven't seen him post on here or your site for a while.

I leave next Saturday for 2 weeks so I hope to ride a few times next week (weather permitting). Let me know if any of you want to hook up and ride.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 10:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shima ~~ David is still around he really don't do a ton of posting on Forums. We ride at least once a week together and talk just about every day.

Speaking of boards, David and I was thinking about having a session with our oldest gear. I myself have the 2004 Parks board and bindings. David said something about Late 90's that he would be rocking.

Random thought: Anybody down for a WW camping trip? Nothing huge and far just bringing back real camping and riding. I have been thinking something like a late Friday to early Sunday. Nothing more than an hour and a half away . I think it's a far shot since we can't get together and have a billards hang out night but worth a shot.

By snot rag (rideut) on Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 5:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan, Hell no in fact they didn't even talk to me. There was an old guy that came in just before me with his 5 brat wallie teenaged kids. He walked in and said "I want to talk to your 2 best wakeboarders to buy theses kids the best stuff you have" I pretty much got shunnded after that. Its expected and par for the course for that place. I ended up picking it up for 2 bills. Not too bad.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 8:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm sorry to hear that Mike, that sucks!!! You should have been able to talk to a salesperson at least. 2 bills isn't a bad price for a 08 but honestly thought you would have been able to get it for a little under that.

Josh, just got an email from David, he'll be gone most of the week on business. We'll try to hook up when I get back after June 22.

As for the old gear session, I have a 1998 HL Murray HC with moon boots. Not sure if I want to be riding that though. COme to think of it, I have an even older set up. I have Darin Shaprio's prototype twin tip from 1995 handing on my wall with a pair of sandal bindings, but the board is autographed.

When were you thinking of the camping trip and any particular place you were thinking about? We may be down but it depends on when since I will be on the road for 2 weeks in June and 2 weeks in July. Let me know.

By D Mercer (elduke) on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 11:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the original Shapiro surf-style board with the flames on it. I think it is circa 1994(?) with the sandals becasue real wakeboarders at that time wore sandals. I landed my first backroll on that board after about 120 tries. I was a lot younger then. It was before Shapiro had the front drilled for a fin. That baby is original.

I have a buddy who still had his original Flight 69. Try edging on that board. She is a slippery fish. I want to see pics of you guys riding old school equipment. YOu definitely need to throw on some neon wetsuits and "Hit It".

Also go behind a boat with a ten foot pole and no ballast. That makes it truly 1996 legit.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 1:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
D ~~ I just found I have a 94 CWB Blade runner with the rotating sandals. My buddie David has a 97 Wake tech that needs a good bath from hanging on the wall for years.

Shima ~~ Not sure on any dates yet, nothing I have put much effort into yet. I know I will be at Powell July 18th - 25th. Let me know what your dates of travel are and see what we can work out.

Mike ~~ How's the board working out for ya... Heck how is the ankle holding up?

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 6:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, I'll be gone from June 6-22, July 19-Aug 2 and one weekend in Aug is shot because I have to instruct a coaching seminar but I don't know which weekend yet.

Any idea's on location within a 90' drive? (Starvation, Yuba, etc?)

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 6:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shima ~~ That's leave about 2 weekends free from our travels. Maybe we can shoot for June 26 - 28th or July 3rd -5th. For location I would say Starvation is cutting it being trying to get as many to show up. Something for a quick weekend would work for Yuba or other places we know that's a little closer. We just need to see how many people wants to try it and we can work out locations and everything in between.
PS
Any plans on hitting the rail jam that wakeutah is putting on this weekend at the expo center? They just started to fill the pool yesterday and getting all the frame together. Can't wait to see it, it looks pretty big!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 6:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I leave this weekend so I won't be able to go to the rail jam.

FYI, I think Starvation is basically the same amount of driving time as Yuba, but I've only passed the exit for Yuba, never actually been there.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 7:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shima ~~ If that is true they are both in a fair distance for people to make it. There is another place that is a little closer and I'm working on getting in touch with the land owner to see what we can work out for camping. Either way I would just like to see people make it out if they like to camp and take riding back to how it used to be, fighting the crowds.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 6:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, would there be restroom facilities in the area you're talking about? (Just thinking of the ladies)

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 6:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, I have two Ladies in my family! It's a little of a walk really short drive and I'm trying to hook up an old school RV to help out in a emergency. Also trying to hook up on the price since the only thing they have is a fire pit and I think they are breaking the law to allow and charging people to camp without a potty a certain distance from the camp ground. I lost the ruffing it mode since I said I do.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 7:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Haha, I hear ya man. Keep me posted.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bathroom facilities????? Ya all need tuffin those women up. It's too bad you have to limit your camping options to places with bathrooms. You know they sell bathroom tents and porta-potties at most outdoor recreation stores? Nothing like the primitive camping in Lake Powell and Flaming Gorge...and the water is always choice and very accessible since your boat is sitting in the water next to camp.

What's the deal with a short drive from SLC for a WW camp trip? If you're going to do it, do it big and take loads of photos to show the less motivated how good it was.

Here is a taste of that choice camping you are all missing out on......

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 8:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

quote:

Bathroom facilities????? Ya all need tuffin those women up

quote:

What the heck ever happened to the pool and drinking party? I wanted to finally do something I was good at.

Ummmmm 3 years or so running and NOTHING!

quote:

I spoke with Jim. He said the pool tourney is off,

We might need to start small for the first annual WW camping trip...

Jason ~~ Were down any day for a trip like that. 20 something years in Powell in Stanton Creek and always fend for yourself. At the end of the year we take Pop's 23 foot cuddie for a weekend of getting lost and camping the true life of LP.

Upload

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 12:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice pics Jason, looks like you guys found a good spot.

I'm just looking out for the ladies. I'm sure it's not very comfortable to deal with "monthly issues" in the wide open area or a small tent with no privacy.

I don't mind doing a WW camping trip that's big or small but history has shown that if it's big, most likely it turns into a big ordeal (is there enough boats to load everyone & there gear, meeting times, costs, etc). Just speaking for me though, I really don't mind roughing it but it's not just "me" anymore. If I'm going to spend the resources, I want to get the most out of it.

By snot rag (rideut) on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 3:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan, Im a no go for Friday. I would have to say starvation is the best option for a trip. its 3 times bigger than Yuba and there are bathrooms at all but one of the camping spots.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 7:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That sucks Mike!!!! You've been working way too much lately. Thanks for the feedback on Yuba (never been there). We'll hook up when I get back.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 8:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yo~~~the Bleyl family will be hitting the following dates at the following places AT A MINIMUM:

June 12 - 14: Lake Powell Bro Stock
July 2 - 5: Flaming Gorge
July 23 - 26: Flaming Gorge
August weekend to be determined: Lake Powell or FG
August 28 - September 1: Lake Powell

Anyone is welcome to join us on any of these trips. Powell trips require your own boat and camping gear.

By E.J. (deuce) on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 8:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Holy smokes Jason.... That is some serious Powell time......

Don't think I have ever been there 4 times in a year....

By Buckweat Terry (buckweat) on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
THats a lot of time out camping. what do you do for a living? do you have to have a boat to see bro stock?

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 6:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alright the dates are set (somewhat) for trying to get people together for a camping trip. I have it for June 26th - 28th might work the best between some peoples schedule. Where is not 110% for sure but if we can get a group it would be great to get to Starvation for the weekend. Please check your dates and post up if this might work for you and how far you want to drive for the weekend.

I will have 3 others with me, my wife and 2 kids 9 & 5. Also I will have 2 3 seater jetski's.

Also this was posted over at www.wakeutah.com

WakeUtah to host ‘Wake Park’ at the Outdoor Adventure Expo this weekend

Posted on 03 June 2009 by James

If you don’t have anything going on this weekend then you do now. WakeUtah in conjunction with Utah’s Outdoor Adventure Expo, will be hosting a ‘Wake Park’ rail expo at the State Fair Grounds (1000 West NorthTemple) this weekend. Dewey, with OMJ’s help have done it again and spent countless hours putting together one of the sickest rail setups I have seen in quite some time. Come out to the Expo Friday & Saturday and witness the awesome, as local riders try to conquer Dewey’s creation. Show times will be: Friday at: 2, 4, 6, 8pm & Saturday: 11am, 1, 3, 5pm.
In between shows be sure to checkout some of the other activities that will be going on like: The BBQ Cook Off, Mtn Bike Track, Beer Garden, Fishing & Hunting Demos, Boating in the Jordan River and so much more.

(Message edited by downfortheride on June 04, 2009)

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 9:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh,
That weekend will work for me & my family. Starvation is fine, but want to throw FG out there? My wife has never camped on the UT side. We did the Wyoming side with Jason & his family a couple of years ago. I"ll have 3 others with me as well (wife and 2 kids - 10 & 12). I can bring our boat.

Jason, I know you're planning on going that next weekend over the 4th but I have to work. Is there any chance you would be able to make it the week earlier?

EJ & Mike seemed to have spent the most time camping at Starvation the last few years, maybe they can make some recommendations?

By snot rag (rideut) on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 4:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Indian bay is cool if you want to beach camp. Its on the southh side of the lake. They have porta a jon's there. Ive never camped at the marina but I know there is no fires and you are packed in. If you want to boat camp you can load up and go to the north east bay and camp. No bathroom but its more remote. Then there is the south east side you go across the dam to take a dirt road to the north I can't remember the name of it. No bathrooms but you can launch the boat from the shore. I like starvation because its size and for the most part the location keeps most of the people away. Ive seen it glass with rain storm and completely blown out with sunny skies. Just like any where else you roll the dice. Oh yeah they train fish cops there so there are some lets say rigid guys working there. Just be sure to do a head check before doing anthing stupid. Ive never had any problems other than them hiding in the bushes watching us drink beer around the camp fire.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 7:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan~~~

I like the FG idea for that weekend. It's only about an hour further and you can hit Evanston on the way up for some choice beverages. We can probably make it two weekends in a row. I'm game for anywhere, but my vote is the Gorge for one key reason: size of lake and ability to avoid the wanker tubers and people that have no clue how to drive a boat. That's a little harder to do at Starvation.

E.J.~~~we are shooting for four Powell trips. One is in the books already and the next is BroStock. You should join us on one. I know you are not afraid to boat camp.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 10:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just a heads up that I may have to cancel on the weekend of June 26-28. My Grandpa passed away today & the funeral may be some time during that week.

Thanks for the info on Starvation Mike, very helpful. We camped overnight in the marina last year with Jason & his family. It actually wasn't bad but it did suck that we couldn't build a fire. Indian Bay sounds interesting. Is that where Jackson discovered a rattler under his tent when they were packing up?

Jason, if I'm around the weekend of June 26th, I hope we can plan something.

BTW, I might have blown my right knee out again tonight. It's not the same injury though, that's for sure. After talking to my team trainers tonight on the phone, I'm hoping it's just some left over scar tissue from my previous surgery that got stretched out & strained. Doing some treatment in the morning & getting evaluated before driving to San Diego on Saturday morning.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 7:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike ~~ Thanks for the info!

Jason ~~ What is the total drive time to FG?

Shima ~~ Sorry to hear for your loss and your knee.

I got a chance to hit the practice session for the rail jam for the outdoor expo. This set up is 100% legit and good to see the local's do work on it. http://wakeutah.ning.com/photo

By David (dhorton) on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 8:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan sorry to hear about your Gramps, it's never an easy thing to go through my thought are with you and your family.

As far as camping that weekend I think we should be DFTC down for the camping! I have never been to The Gorge or Starvation so I'm game for either. Either way I will bring both my boats, the '02 Super Air and this one:
Upload

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 10:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow Dave, that's one heck of a set up!!!

Thanks to all for your thoughts & condolences, it's greatly appreciated!

The issue with my knee won't need surgery, so that's good news. Looks like I have a sublixated (spelling?) fibular head, resulting from a tight right hamstring and it pulled on that part of my knee when it locked up. Also, it seems no ligament or major soft tissue damage. Just stiffness and a little discomfort right now. I have to take it easy for about week or two and not load my hamstring. I guess it's a good thing I'm heading to CA, but had a hook up to ride at Canyon Lake while I was there. Maybe I'll bring my stuff just in case .

See you all when I get back on June 22.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 4:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm out for the weekend of June 26th. I'm flying home for my grandpa's funeral. Hopefully we can plan another weekend of camping.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 5:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
JOSH~~~The drive time to the Gorge is around 3 hours total. Shorter if you don't stop in Evanston for beverages but I'm kind of like a kid in a candy store and get delayed.

RYAN~~~Sorry on all accounts...gramps and knee. Knowing you, it will only take a couple of weeks before you are 100% again. You have my dates for trips so you can plan something with us.

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 9:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan- bummer to hear about your grandpa and knee.

DFTR Josh- good seeing you today, have to hit the water soon.

Hung out and snapped some pics at the wake utah rail event at the expo. Pretty sick set up.

I got some pics here. http://xsi-now.com/blog/wakeutah-rail-jam-sponsored-by-xsi

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 10:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jay ~~ Nice to be able to put a face to the name. I wish I had the lens that you were shooting with, I would guess it was the 70-200 IS 2.8 by the looks of it. I shot with the kit lens (well I always shoot with the kit lens) and came out with some ok photo's. Check em out at http://wakeutah.ning.com/photo

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 10:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice pics, I wish I'd gotten more creative. I've got a 70-200 F4, w/no stabilizer, it was a floor model from B&H. I also shot w/my pos kit lens and a majority of them were shot w/my $100 50mm 1.8. One thing to remember to always show where to rider is coming from and where they're going. Check out this site http://www.wheelsandwax.com/ I've learned a lot from there. I've only been shooting about a year now and learn more every time I go out.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm trying to post this much larger. My boy and I decided it was time to make a funny ass pic and he was the funny. We tried this big ass puddle and he wanted to stand there to measure the size of my wake.

FAIL

Upload

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 6:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p150/downfortheride/?action=view&current=Brooks-wet-3.gif

Here it is!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 10:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's the new toy! 2007 V-Star 1300
Upload

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 4:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, is that a replacement or an addition to your old bike?

Nice ride BTW!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 4:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's my replacement, I had to get rid of the Sportster. The wife and I would get our asses kick on that little thing. Sold it and picked up this touring bike and is night and day of a ride not only with us both but by myself also. Thanks for the love, now quit the rain and lets ride!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 5:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Right on. FYI, I get back from my training camp on the 20th but have to fly home for a funeral on the 24th and won't be back until the 27th. Hopefully my knee is healed before then so we can hook up to ride.

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 11:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why does this weather suck!?! I haven't been out once, weak!!

By Russ Dogg (russ_dogg) on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 12:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All this Rain & afternoon lightning& thunder showers SUX....But maybe it will raise the water level @ Powel and Bearlake!!!!!!!!!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 1:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Russ ~~ We were just talking about this over morning coffee in the office. June + 11 days of rain ='s a LOT of water. From what I can tell on the web cams Powell is crazy high and I can't wait to get there next month. Here is the link to their web cam and just in the last month the water has gone up like crazy. http://livelakeview.com/lakes/lakepowell/bullfrogmainlaunchramp.html

Speaking of Powell, did everybody hear the mandatory mussel inspection before you launch. If no officers are at post you don't launch. It sucks but people can't be honest and everybody has to suffer. What ever it takes to keep our water background beautiful.

By Russ Dogg (russ_dogg) on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 2:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It looks like its up atleast 40'... well--- alot from the last time I was there

By Buckweat Terry (buckweat) on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
is anyone going to BroStock?

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 10:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Buck ~~ Just hit the jack pot and got invited on a ride heading down. Looks like I'm pulling an all nighter to get packed up. I'm sure I will have plenty of pics to share when I get back.

Huge love to my wife! She is the one that pushed me to go since I got the invite. The women insists I go everywhere, she sends me to Vegas on a whim and now she suggests I head to bro stock for the weekend. She is the BEST, happy fathers day and birthday to me (June is the best month for me)! Love you baby!

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 7:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, Nice Ride!!

Ryan, My new FH 750's have arrived! To bad Im still in the Arctic for another week. We need to see how they perform for ya The wife has informed me that Im grounded because of them also.........

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 12:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have a great time Josh!

Matt, did you purchase them without getting permission??? Shame, Shame. I'm still out of commission though. My knee isn't healed yet and this rate, will be a while before I can ride again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 12:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan, Thats ok we'll be "limp and gimp" out on the water and just let the kiddies play then Thursday cant get here fast enough till I fly out! Mr Snowbanks better have some warmer weather on order this weekend for me!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 2:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
For sure Matt! Today, my knee is feeling the best it's been since it happened but still not ride ready. I'll be driving into SLC around 3am on Sunday morning. If the weather holds up and I'm not to tired from the long drive, we may head out.

Have a safe trip down!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 2:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Back from Bro Stock! Pretty cool were rolling up inside the cove and somebody is yelling "Josh!" and holding up a beer. Yep on the top of that house boat was my good friend Bleyl, from there I knew this was going to be one of my best trips yet. The first beer was down with Jason and crew and the other 100 or so was with the most random people. The first night I rolled upon a kegger and went to bed about 4 or 5 ish. I didn't get a ton of pics being I was intoxicated more than 92% of the time and didn't feel like dropping my camera in the water like a few people I was by. I will have a few pics up sometime after I get my brain back.

By travis mar (omar2000) on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hello all. I'm new and it seems that you are pretty close knit, but I'm just a dude who loves the wake board. I had a boat but it just pooped out on me. I'm always ready to be a third.

Nice to met you all.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 5:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Travis, welcome here. Where about you live?

By E.J. (deuce) on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 8:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Welcome Travis.....

I was just down in your neck of the woods today....BEAUTIFUL day on Utah Lake.....

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 6:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Travis....welcome to the f'ing northwest. I'm going back to Powell.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 7:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Travis ~~ Welcome to UT, we try and get out most Sunday's mornings and just maybe might start Monday mornings if the weather decides to clear. Hit me up with a PM with your contact info and I bet we can get you on the water and meet a few of the people on this site.

Jason ~~ Take me with you! PLEASE!

We got on the water today and nothing but rain, wind and white caps. Got to meet Greg that moved to UT from KY and the dude can throw down on a board. Rode again with Rob that just revived his SANTE. All a good time but the water Sucked today. David posted a few pics at http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/photo if your interested.

By Anthony (aep6475) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Howdy fellars. Glad to see you all are getting out, I can't believe how freaking cold it is up here. Hasn't stopped raining for 2 weeks now. Actually saw a dude on the river the other day trunking, no way it was over 50 air temp.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 11:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Finally back home from my training camp but heading to HI from Wed-Sat afternoon for my grandpa's funeral. I'm hoping to get the boat out on the water since it's been a couple of weeks.

Travis, welcome to UT. Hopefully we can meet up to ride soon.

By David (dhorton) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 1:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Travis ~ your welcome on my boat anytime we are always looking for a third.

Ryan ~ let me know if you can sneak out before you head to HI Wednesday, my schedule is wide open this week so far. We got out Saturday but the water was so crappy I didn't subject myself to that beating.

By Russ Dogg (russ_dogg) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 7:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MATT when we gona ride?????????????

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 9:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Will do Dave, I'll let you know ASAP but it's going to be tight since my wife's schedule is busy this week and my kids are in a testing week at school.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 6:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Russ!!!!! Where the hell have you been!! Im getting the boat ready today, Registration, Park pass, cleaning, etc etc call me 801-726-7570 Hows the MB treatin ya? You still hangin out at Pineview still?

Ryan sorry I had to miss out on ya yesterday. Hows the knee holding up?

By David (dhorton) on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 7:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Ryan no sweat if you can't, your schedule sounds tight. Lets ride when you get back, maybe the rain will have stopped by then! Travel safe.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 8:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, didn't get to ride. Wind started howling but at least the kids got their sets in. Have a great day on the water.

Dave, I may be able to get out tomorrow morning if you're up for it. I'll find out my schedule this afternoon so I can let you know then. You know of anyone that might be a third for morning time?

By D Mercer (elduke) on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 10:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So on Saturday morning I am out riding before the storms hit. I bought some Ronix One bindings on closeout from boardersbestbuy.com last fall and started sporting them this year. Very comfy boot. 4th time using them Saturday morning coming around a bit late on the backroll and catch the rear edge. All of the sudden the board is floating away free and my boots are on my feet. I totally snapped the baseplates.

Needless to say I was pissed. But I called Ronix this morning and Bryan is sending me a new set of plates in the mail today. He stated they had some bad batches of baseplates and mostly they are good. But he was very cool. very good to work with. So I am thinking these guys are good cats. They seem like a straight up good company. I am happy when someone acknowledges an issue and is ready to rectify it.

Does anyone want to buy some used 4 times 2008 Ronix ones? New baseplates!! Just kidding. They are some of the most comfortable boots I have ever owned.

I feel better!

D

By travis mar (omar2000) on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 3:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I enjoy the warm greetings. Thank you all. To answer your questions I'm down in Provo, but work takes me to Salt Lake about every day.

I'm always free on fridays except this week my little brother is graduating basic training. So I'm heading to that this weekend.

Jason- isn't this weather freaking crazy so much rain and then last night no rain but so windy that it capsizes a boat in Utah lake. I just hope that we are done with that stuff. I see wanting to head back to powell.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 4:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan, Dave, Had a blast out on the water with ya today! Im feelin it now, the body is is shutdown mode and wanting them 800 Motrins we were discussing. I definately got the sun Im feelin the burn.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 5:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Great to get out with you guys today, hopefully the weather will be more like today from now on. I'll check in with everyone when I get back on Saturday afternoon.

Aloha!

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 8:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We went out on Friday after work, Monday after work, and will be going out tomorrow after work. All in all, it was very good but still on the cool side of things. It's good to see it warming up.

Just picked up some new LF Watson closed toe bindings (last year's model) from MP and have nothing but good things to say. I'm now convinced that you should buy new bindings every year since the foot beds get stomped out. The landings are soooo much better with new cushy boots.

I also demo'd the new Company Severance and Recruit board over the weekend (switched out the Severance for the Recruit on Saturday). I rode the Severance on Friday night. It was a little to loose for me and difficult to ease into a progressive edge. It likes to get on edge really quick and hard. I then rode the Recruit on Monday since it rained all weekend and the MP guys were really cool and let me keep it an extra day no charge. That board boots your arse hard of the wake. Great pop and soft landings. It is much more forgiving on edge and super light. It also feels great in the air do to the weight of the board. Only thing I could see as a downfall to this board is the speed going toe-side into the wake. However, that probably has more to do with my skills. I'm going to demo it again over the 4th of July weekend to see if it will be my next board.

And finally, we are either heading to Powell or the Gorge over the 4th depending on weather. Anyone interested in joining us?

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 8:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wish we could go Jason, but I have to work that weekend. Hopefully we can join in on one of your other trips though.

I guess I'll just have to hold off on those Obrien stickers since you'll be changing to a different board huh???

By David (dhorton) on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 7:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the pulls yesterday Ryan, good times as usual. Matt nice meeting you and riding, how did the wife take the news of you needing a new wake surfer? I put a couple pics up over at Josh's site last night http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/photo , but didn't have the right computer at home last night to really go through what was on the camera, will most likely put a few more up today.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave cool pics! I wish I had zoomed out more on that one foto so I didnt cut your head off Your right,,no more gloves

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt ~~ I wondered the same... What's up with the gloves while surfing?

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 11:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan~~~I'm not sure I will be switching from Obrien to Company completely. My Natural is just too good to give up altogether. The Company board would just be a second board for me to ride.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 4:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason, then that's ok. But the Natural should be the only board you need! Haha :0)

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 4:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan...no doubt about it. The Natural is a great board and very predictable. Wednesday night was a great session on Jordanelle. I'm pretty sore due to some hard crashes. I've been working on 180s will be working on the backroll and three soon. Just trying to get into riding shape. Looking forward to those stickers. Where's Bog? I don't think he's put his boat in the water yet.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 1:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think Bog has his boat finally summerized. It's been a rough start to the summer for him because of rain the past few weeks and then family stuff.

Just got back into SLC this afternoon. FYI, my phone is acting weird so if I don't answer or you get my voicemail right away, leave a message and make sure to send me an email.

By E.J. (deuce) on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 7:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Back from Southern Utah..... Took the poor weather with me.....

Did get to ride for the first time this year.... I am now fairly confident that what little I ever had for skills, have started to diminish at a startling rate.....

All in all, still had a GREAT time..... Unlike my athletic skills, my family and friends continue to get better with age.....

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 7:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Did you hit up Sand Hollow EJ? Rent a house again or beach camp?

By E.J. (deuce) on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 7:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, Sand Hollow and rented a house.

Lounging on the covered back patio, watching thunderstorms roll past was almost a daily occurrence.

By E.J. (deuce) on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 8:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Weather was beautiful as we were packing up to leave.....not a cloud in the sky yesterday morning.......
Upload
Upload

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 9:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
E.J. ~~ You win some and lose some, I say you won by having a house and not a tent in the crazy weather. The pool pics looked super with your kids on FB. Hope to see a ton more though out the season. See ya on the water.

We got out today and all I can say is WOW! Not only did we have full sun but no wind and no other boats during out morning sessions. David brought out the COMPANY Recruit 143, although a little big for my taste I'm in love. This board lands super soft and using the right form it will boost you as high as you want to go. Not to mention when I set an edge HS or TS it seems to be on rails. I will stick with the CDub Ab 141 till the price goes down on CO product. Here is a few pics from today on David's camera that he posted on DFTR.com

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Recruit Boot!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Huge thanks to David and crew for taking my family to enjoy some sun!

By alissa levan (alissa) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 10:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey ya'll. so i thought i'd give this forum another try. i met a pretty creepy guy a few summers ago from here. pretty much looking for cool folks who have room for one more on the boat. i'm off weekends and wednesdays and always have gas money. also always have my camera with me and love taking photos. glad the weather has finally cleared up! hit me up.

By E.J. (deuce) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 6:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

quote:

By alissa levan (alissa) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 10:47 pm:

hey ya'll. so i thought i'd give this forum another try. i met a pretty creepy guy a few summers ago from here.

That is funny stuff..... Okay, maybe not funny for you....but my head was spinning on who it was....

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 8:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Welcome Alissa! Was the creepy guy from the Northern UT thread or just the Find a Third forum? If it's from our thread, inquiring minds want to know who it is????

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 8:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alissa ~~ We are going to start Monday early sessions so for us that work can still get to the office at a decent time. We will have no more than three riders and hit UT Lake if your interested. We will be meeting at 6am or earlier when we can get a small crew together.

I'm with E.J., I wonder who it was...

For anybody that is interested in getting the Monday crew email hit me up using downfortheride@comcast.net with your contact info.

By alissa levan (alissa) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 6:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey guys...thanks for the welcome. not sure i want to reveal the creepy guys identity yet cuz i don't know if he is still around. but i'll take guesses! josh, thanks for the monday invite but i work at 7:30 in the morning at the canyons on mondays. i can do evenings at jordanelle (possibly), wednesdays and weekends.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 7:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Then you need to PM us the name Alissa! You've got us too hooked now.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 7:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alissa~~was the Canyons a common denominator between you and this guy?

BTW...welcome back. Do you live in the PC area?

By Anthony (aep6475) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't worry Alissa, I've moved to another state, (the creepy guy is out of the picture )

Seriously, wasn't me

Enjoy everyone! Where are all the pics of the season????

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 9:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The creep here,,Ryan, Dave it was fun this time home with you all. I leave Wednesday night back to Alaska and will be back in 2 weeks, Lets hook up again!

Dave, Ive made mention to a buddy that your avail on Tuesdays for surfin behind his sacked out avy. Hoping to arrange us going out next time home too

Ryan, Hows the knee holding up? Feelin any better with some rest?

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 9:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hit up the Jordanelle today, first set was butter! It's warming up, only wore a top and was toasty. It was pretty dead when we got off the lake at 2:00, this summer may be good as everybody is too broke to go boating.

Here's some pics from the IWA event I took. http://www.facebook.com/xsinow
Last Chance Lakes were pretty sweet, the wind really picked up and there was only a ripple on the water. For only $300K you can have a lot on the water, haha.

My slackass still hasn't put the Dixie boat in the water.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 9:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, I'll be leaving for Vancouver on July 19th for a 2 week training camp with my team so hopefully you'll be back before I leave. My knee is slowly getting better but I still favor it when I ride which sucks.

Anthony, check out Josh's website for pics.

Jay, nice chatting with you earlier and great job on the pics.

By alissa levan (alissa) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 12:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
jason-i didn't meet the guy from the canyons. he wasn't all that creepy to me, well maybe a little, but someone told me some weird stuff about the guy.

jay...how's it going? (alissa from smokies in case you wondering )

if anyone is headed out tomorrow and has room for one more, i'll check this in the morning.

By snot rag (rideut) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 6:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alissa, Don't worry Mike Germain hasn't been here in a long time. That registered sex offender trash probably got picked up for not registering or it could have been for the warrants he had. good riddens

By E.J. (deuce) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 7:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kept wondering if it was me showing up in a Speedo, mannequin as a third and talking in a British accent..... But cannot ever remember being out on the lake with Alissa....

....then again, I usually am taking roofies on the lake, so memory has always been an issue....

On a brighter note....WHAT....RAIN....that is a surprise....

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 7:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
"Mannequin as a third" LOL I do believe Ive found a solution for my 6am outings when no one wants to crawl out of bed Now.....How do I want to dress him/her........

By travis mar (omar2000) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 7:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It seems as soon as the weather gets good...Work calls me away to a place with sucky weather. So now I write this from Portsmith NH. Nice town, but they say that they only saw sun twice the whole month of June.

I did get out to Utah Lake just before we left... Epic good time. I sure love this sport.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 7:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How about this, I took a really bad picture of my monitor and then just pulled the new web cam up. Look at what Powell has done in the last month or so. Sorry for the pic quality!
Upload
Upload

By travis mar (omar2000) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 8:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just joined
dftrdownfortheride.ning.com
So that is where all you guys go.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 10:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Travis ~~ Keep an eye out on DFTR for new pics when we head out. Also post up some of your own pics! As far as when we go, everybody on here usually rides all around the state. Post up more and more and have some get to know ya and you just might end up at a different lake during the week. I put you on the Monday Crew email so reply to all when you get it and we will get it all worked out.

P.S.
Welcome to the thread!

By snot rag (rideut) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 1:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
E.J. I just got done with the theropy from the last time I seen you in the speedo. I guess im going to have to call the theropist back or just live with that image burnned in my head forever.

Me and Daleya are closing on a house in Saratoga as soon as we get back from the honeymoon. Your going to shiz your self when you see the view of Utah lake from this place.

BTW Are you working Friday morning? I could use a third out at Utah in the morning around 7:30 or 8:00. Granted it doesn't rain....again. Give me a call we'll catch up. You still have my prop puller and owne me a cocktail for keeping it for over a year.

Mike

By Mark Watkins (wga220) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 5:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alissa - If you are up in PC - we usually do one or two evening rides (Tues, Wed, Thurs) and then either a morning ride on Sat/Sun and sometimes a late Sunday ride. This year it has been last minute planning cause of weather. We are usually at Jordanelle. I live at Jordanelle so I can keeps good tabs on when its good.

Let me know if that works for you - shoot me an e-mail at wga220@allwest.net

BTW I asked my wife to rate how creepy I was and she wouldn't answer - so I don't know what that means.

Josh - David, let's ride sometime.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 7:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think you are all creepy!!!!!

By alissa levan (alissa) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 8:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok ok... i didn't leave that day thinking "wow this guy is creepy!" but i did get some info on the guy that was and decided not to risk hanging out with him again. he did call a few times after and was a little off but the most disappointing thing about the whole deal was the "riding". sorry if any of you were there, i don;t mean to offend, but they were wenching in a PUDDLE in a business plaza. furthermore the "water" , which was nasty, was lined with sharp, gravel concrete. the wench didn't have enough torque to sucessfully pull ANYBODY across the pond. they soaped up a tarp to try to get some go to no avail. not wanting to go home empty handed, i gave it a shot. i thought because i was smaller MAYBE just MAYBE this thing could pull me. the only thing i left with was some scrapes from that damn gravel sh#t and a bruise the size of a baseball on my ass. then i came home to an email telling me the guy was some kind of stalker. all in all, a pretty crap experience.

so fear not fellas, i'm not paranoid that that experience will EVER happen again.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 6:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well last night I finally got a chance to check out the X-Star wake and to my surprise it is really nice for stock weight. I'm used to the big punch from the SANTE and my first few hits weren't all that good. The water really sucked but so does my riding so it was bound to kick my ass. The transition on this wake is so smooth and then follow up by a big meaty ramp of a wake. I was able to hit a few inverts but nothing to brag about. I say I would need a couple more sets to figure this wake out and get the boost that I'm used to.

Alissa ~~ Your creeping me OUT!

By David (dhorton) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 7:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn I guess I need to check this thread more often! What a hotbed of activity!

EJ ~ Nice looking rental! How close was it to Sand Hollow? Did you find it through a friend or family member or a website like VRBO? If you wouldn't mind, PM me a contact or website I would be interested in hitting it up this fall.

Josh ~ Good time ridding Sunday, Caeley cant wait to go again and get more water time!

Matt ~ Give me a shout when your back in town lets ride again. Have you been researching a new Inland Surfer yet?

Alissa ~ I'm with Jason, all these guys creep me out!

Why the hell are we all chatting on the interwebs, lets go RIDE!

By David (dhorton) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mark ~ We definitely need to get up and ride with you at Jordanelle, I haven't been out of the valley to ride yet this year.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alissa ~~ Click on Jason's profile, that picture creeps me out!!!

http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=zeda-users

By E.J. (deuce) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike, check your voice mail.....

David, check your email.....

Jason, I'm riding(road bike) up your way in the morning.... Going to do the tougher part of the Tour de Park City(half century) just to check out the route....

By David (dhorton) on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks E.J. looks like a great place.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 4:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm heading to Willard tomorrow morning around 10:45am at the South Marina. There's 3 of us already but room for a couple more. Let me know if you're interested.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 8:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damnit, Id much rather be there Ryan, than here! I'll be in a flare pit on a pontoon and life jacket running 1200' of conduit tomarrow morn

One more week then we can hook up again.

Dave, get your board ready!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 10:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We'll be thinking of you Matt while we're on the water!

Be safe!

By snot rag (rideut) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 6:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan, Here is the view from our new house.Upload

By utah rider (davidbouvier) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 7:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
congrats see you on saturday

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 10:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awesome Mike! Just awesome. Can't wait to see it.

Even though we can't be there on Saturday for your big day, please know that we are both very happy for the both of you and will be there in spirit. Look forward to seeing you when you get back from Jamaica.

BTW, want to give big props to my wife for getting the HS w2w jump on lock down today! She even went into the flats a couple of times. So pumped!

By Adam Moffat (moffatmedia) on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 9:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So I have not posted on this Board in a while... How the heck is everybody? Dave and Dawn how is the little one? and Mike your getting married SELL OUT. It looks like I will be single for ever I'm going to start by getting some cats.

For everybody else that I don't know, my name is Adam I love to wakeboard, and take long strolls on the beach.

Always looking to go when I am in town and always looking for a third.

Talk to everybody later....

And who is "Ryan Shimabukuro" sounds like a kook that needs to go back to the Island and leave the water for the true locals....

By snot rag (rideut) on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 5:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Adam, Did the dirty today. Sorry im offically off the market. Consider me the one that got away :-). You still keeping your boat up at Rockport.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 7:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That Adam Moffat, he's JOJ eh (just off the jet)?.
Nah! More like FOB eh' (Fresh off da Boat)! .

Adam, I can tell the way you ride just by the way you wear your shorts!!! HAHAHA!

By David (dhorton) on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thursday shot of Shima for those of you who don't check Josh's site for photos. His first wake hit of the day!

Upload

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave thats awesome! For a split moment I felt like I was out there with ya

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 10:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks again for taking the pics Dave!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm flying out today, be back in 2 weeks. Hope you all get great water and weather to match!

By david rogers (davee22ve) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 5:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey hows it going?

I am from Az and will be up in the salt lake area for work on the 28th of july. I am bringing my boat along so the crew I am working with can go out but I am the only hardcore rider that will go out as much as possible. If any one is looking for a third or if there are two looking for a pull let me know.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 9:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Dave,
Hope you have a safe trip up here from AZ. I won't be back until Aug 2 but you'll probably be contacted by a few people on this thread. (DFTR Josh should be back from Powell soon).

Where are you staying in UT and what lake are you planning to ride at?

By David (dhorton) on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 7:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
David how long are going to be in town? Send me a PM I am always looking for a third. I will be in town next week (the week looks like your getting here the 28th) but back East the following week on business.

By david rogers (davee22ve) on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 2:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We are working in the Draper area not sure were the house I am staying in is. I have never been to Utah so I am going to rely on you guys for guidence to the best lakes. Once I leave Az I wont have access to a computer so my number is 480-330-1694 if you nead a third let me know and we can work it out.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mr. Rogers! Sorry had to, there's already a David on the board! If your staying in Draper your not to far from a few of us that really like to ride. If your throwing long hours your best bet will be to hit UT Lake but on the weekends we can show the out of town er the good water! Care full when you hit UT Lake it's 10' deep at max but the bottom is VERY soft and if the wind kicks up get off asap! About a 45 min to hour drive you can be up at deer creek and get some pretty good water but you will most likely find the crowd up in the mountain lake. I will also throw you a text in case your heading down now and don't get this! Have a safe trip!

Well guys back from Powell and it must have been the hardest trip ever! What could break BROKE and everybody was delt the worst hand all week. We found a great site and started the camping with a main propane leak, ya it was bad. That night we lost all power for the motor home (thank god for generators!) Only one person had to go to the clinic due to a bloody nose that wouldn't stop. I myself (not doctor confirmed yet) came down with what felt like strep throat and with that a huge sinus infection and also a double eye infection. Now that were home still have the sinus, eye, throat problem but now have a bronchial infection to... WTF, I need another vacation! I only rode twice due to feeling like my life was going to end with triple diget temps and every part of my body infected with something!
I did get a few pics and they will be up soon! I did hit a land gap that was pretty cool but for my strength I only hit it twice. I will catch up on work Mon and hit the doc and it's time to ride!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 11:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, that really sucks bro! Drive all the way down there and all that happens??? Unreal. I hope you start feeling better soon. Looking forward to the pics.

By david rogers (davee22ve) on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
welcolm to lake powel that lake is cursed been there four times and have had problems every time. Last time I was there I lost the engine in my boat (burnt a hole in #4 cyl) Still a very nice lake though.

The house I am staying in is right on Utah lake in provo. Now I just need a place to keep my boat and I will be set.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 9:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mr. Rogers ~~ I say Powell is not cursed but takes everybody and their toys out of their comfort zone! We have had years of hell and years of pure enjoyment at the Lake. We have been going for over 23 ish years and thought we seen it all till this trip. I say give it another chance and explore our natural play ground again.
Provo? Your going to be like 15 mins from the lake at most and I know a guy (Rob) that is always looking to go since he can see the harbor from his home. I hope you can find a close spot for the boat to make it out as much as you can. I have an open driveway that you can store your boat at but your talking a 30 to 40 min drive to get the boat and then another 40 to 45 mins back to the lake. But if your working in Draper and then hitting the lake right after I'm about 15 mins from that City. Let me know if you need help or directions when you get in town.

I got a few photo's put together from the trip, I have a few more to go through but my body is ready to shut down. Enjoy!

http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/photo/albums/lake-powell-2009-1

Upload

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 9:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike ~~ I some how missed your post about the new house! Congrats, now I have a live web cam when we are heading that way . O ya, congrats on getting off the Market... See ya on the water some time soon.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 4:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
@#$%@#$ People I had planned on all bailed out on me tonight and I fly out tomorrow. !@#$!@#$@#$ Im ticked.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 5:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, was date do you leave SLC again? I will be back on Sunday. Let's ride when I get back!!!!!!

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan, I fly out tonight, I'll be back in 2 weeks, so we'll hook up then!! Feel bad our schedules didnt work out this r and r

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 5:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My mistake Matt. I thought you were coming back to SLC today. See you next time around.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 4:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anybody have a prop puller that I can borrow for a bit?

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 7:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh....I have a prop puller. You can borrow it.

I read that you rode the Company Recruit. How did you like it? I think it's the best board I've been on. I just need to figure out how to get a deal on one. I'm going to be out of town every weekend in August and have $100 demo credit towards a board at MP and wanted to pick the Recruit up at the annual MP sale. I don't think it will be available since I will most likely be gone. Do you have any good connections at MP? Those guys don't treat me like a regular even though I spend loads of cash in there. God I wish Coop or Chance was still around.

By david rogers (davee22ve) on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 7:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I made it to town barely. My boat tower cracked from the drive and the tow vehicle broke down but I am in town.

Josh I also have a puller that will work. Powell is a really nice lake just seems that everything breaks when we go. I missed the trip this year with the group and they had loads of trouble just our luck I guess.

If anyone would like to ride I have a boat with no tower but a good wake. Let me know I can go out most evenings starting around three or four and all day on the weekends.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
David #1 came up with a prop puller for me to use, thanks guys!

Jason ~~ I really liked the Recruit for the time I had on it. I thought it would be super loose but I was surprised then I set it on edge it kept that way all though the wake. The board was very controllable rather in the air or on the water! The board is super light and has great pop of the wake. I found I was still getting booted although I was on a new board, but that can also be the 210 wake doin work!

Mr. Rogers ~~ How long are you going to be in town for? Weekends are going to work best for me but I'm crazy about dawn patrol. I have to be strapped in and line out before the sun decides to show. It really sucks to hear you luck just coming to UT, maybe it cause you had to pass Powell . We will hook up for sure and get a set or 2 down in the books. Plan on hearing from me next weekend since I'm out for week days.

By david rogers (davee22ve) on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 7:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Should be in town until the snow flies as far as I know. There is no better time than hitting the first set before the sun comes up. I have been known to night ride all night just to get that morning run.

Found the Tige dealer have them looking in to getting me a new top for the tower at cost since it only has 300 hours on it since I broke the last one. Mean while I am going to try and weld the old one again and since it cracks most when on the trailer will leave it down while driving. Wish me luck.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 7:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mr. Rogers ~~ WTF, what tower do you have and why the heck does it keep cracking? Hope you can work something out till you get either the top or a new tower. Anyway how has UT been so far and are you liking where your staying? Have you been out to UT Lake yet? I have a buddie in your area that just sold his boat and I'm sure is looking to get out.
Keep an ear out we usually hit Sunday's REALLY early and always can use another rider. We usually pass your parts on the way to the lake and can work out to pick ya up and session some flat water. Trying to work out a ride on a 07 MB B52 that my buddie just picked up but not sure how much he is into dawn patrol after a Saturday night. Let me know if you want in!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 2:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason ~~ Did you get my text today about the Recruite being on www.boardersbestbuy.com ?

By david rogers (davee22ve) on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 5:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
UT is nice I have been on Utah lake twice and deer creek once no smooth water yet but still a good time. The house is nice in a quiet neighborhood.

You bet I am in for a sunday morning run.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 8:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh~~~I didn't get your text but I did get myself a brand spankin new Recruit on BBB today. Thanks for thinking about me. We are heading north this weekend and I sure hope I have the board for the weekend.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 8:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason ~~ WTF I couldn't remember who don't use their cell phones between you and E.J. so I sent the text for a heads up. I remember it was E.J. that I think he don't even know what one is, and you just joined the club. Glad you seen the deal up and it was a super good deal to be had. Have a great time up North on the new setup (you need to let us know about the bindings!) and please share some pics.

Mr. Rogers ~~ You'll get hit and miss with the local lakes here, it seems everybody is into boating and even during the week you will find a packed lake. Keep an ear out for Sunday and hope for great weather and we'll show you the best water to be had in UT. Word on the street is we might have a SANTE and a MB to session. Were still in the planning stages but we just might have chase boat footage with a Semi maybe pro photographer! Weather is a big factor right now but let's plan on one hell of a great session to be had even if we get one boat out!

By Patrick (pf728) on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 10:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey everyone. Watch out for the sunken X2 at utah lake. No, its not mine so don't worry. It is just south of saratoga marina and towards the middle of the lake. There is a danger booie (i have no idea how to spell that lol) and a tube next to it. You can just see the tip of the pickle fork. Sad sad sight =(

By E.J. (deuce) on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 6:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

quote:

By Patrick (pf728) on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 10:27 pm:

Hey everyone. Watch out for the sunken X2 at utah lake.

WTF.... Anyone know what happened?

Josh....I am carrying my phone more every day.... I even know how to text now....
Nice pics from yesterday....looks like a nice day on the lake.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 9:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm with E.J. WTF, it was a pretty good day out on the lakes.

Mr. Rodgers ~~ Great to meet ya in person, we'll have to get out again and get the TS Front nailed down. Did you go out again with your work people?

Jason & Shima ~~ How was FG? I know you got pics of that flat water you guys seem to always find. Hope the weather held for some great sessions and good times!

So we got out yesterday with a bunch of people and 2 boats. Jared made it out with his 07 MB and David brought his 02 SANTE. First off the MB is 23' and feels like a limo on the water. I love the fact that the ballast is built in the boat and there is crazy room for everything! We had to put 300 extra in the bow and I bet it could have used a little more. The wake is big but not 100% dialed in yet. David brought a buddie to shoot the chase boat and I bet we will have a ton of photos to post up.
David and his wife has a duel for trying to take home the hardest wreck of the day. She came in with a huge TS edge catch that left WELTS on her arms... David's last set came in with a W2W nose digger that threw his body into a cart wheel on top of the water. Although David is a little sore I give it to the wife with the WELTS and still took another set after her digger!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Patrick, glad to hear it wasn't your boat!

Josh, FG was fun. Windy on Friday night when we got there. Saturday was cold & overcasted but Jason and I got some good water that morning on the Wyoming side and on the UT side in the afternoon. We headed in early because it looked like it was going to rain but nothing dropped on us. Sunday was sunny and clear but a little cool. Some pretty good water but we packed up early to head home.

The blue dart competition made the trip!!! With Bog taking the honors, but Jason gets an honorable mention for quantity..

I didn't take many pics but I know Kristin was snapping away so hopefully she got some good ones and Jason will post some.

Also, congrats to Riley (Jim's nephew) for landing his first HS backroll.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 7:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shima ~~ I'm glad the weather held for you guys to kick it all weekend. The weather kind of mellowed out and thank goodness it did. I think we all are looking forward to the pictures!

I got the rest of the ok pics posted up at http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/photo/albums/2208235:Album:6917 , I got a couple of surfing ones that I really liked... Check em out!

By david rogers (davee22ve) on Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 7:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh it was good to meet you as well. I got my tower fixed for now so far it is holding. I took the guys from work out on tuesday and was trying some three's landed two without the rope the last one pulled me over.

If anyone is up for this weekend let me know I have the itch to get out as much as possible.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 9:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mr. Rogers ~~ I'm pretty booked this weekend but I might be able to work something out for Sunday. Still looking to get jared's MB out and Dial it in. I will keep ya posted...

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 5:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'M BACK IN TOWN, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Its going to be crazy this hitch home,,the wife could have (I say in a week) this kid, Got to finnish the boys room downstairs and get out on the water in somewhere in between all of this!

Ryan,, hows your schedule??

Dave H, Im trying to rig up some surfin on Tuesday for ya is that doable?? Buddy's sacked out Avy is throwing out a killer surfwave for Utah Lake.

Levi, Where are ya???

Josh, I need them DFTR Stickers!! Lets get out!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 8:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Matt, welcome back! I'm surprised your wife is letting you even think about going to the lake with her so close to delivery!!!!

My schedule is packed but would like to get out on Thurs if possible. Let me know.

BTW, had to give Levi a jump start the other night. He was dead in the water as far from the dock as can be with a boat load of people.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 9:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sweet Ryan Im hoping we can pull that off.

That had to suck!! I cant remember for sure but doesnt Levi have 2 batts? I always run on the one and keep the other for "in case"

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 9:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
He had a jump pack but it didn't work. Don't know about 2 batteries, but would assume so with the size of his boat. At least it started with a just a jump. It would have really sucked if we would have had to tow them in.

By David (dhorton) on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 4:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Matt thanks for the invite, I cant make this Thursday as I will be out of town on vacation. The following week is wide open for me, how long are you in town this time before heading back to AK I would love to surf a sacked out avy sometime. Have you looked into the price of a new Inland? After we went out the last time I looked at the prices! Damn! Though the new swallow tail quad looks like it would be right up my alley!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 12:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt ~~ I have the stickers just sitting there ready to go. I now only have white but if your down for support I will hook ya up. How long are you in town for?

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 9:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, I leave tonight and will be back in 2 weeks.

Shima, had a blast with ya last night! I alwasys enjoy watching ya throw it down. The water was perfect last night. I think I need a new prop for all the ballast now, that was painful! Pretty sad it took a mile to get ya up to speed, that wake had better of been worth it! LOL

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 12:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Matt, Thanks again for having me out with you all! It was fun and we'll do it up again when you get back to town.

Have a safe trip and again, congrats on the birth of Oliver!

By snot rag (rideut) on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 8:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good to see im not the only one Ryan over weighs. Im betting you had at least 2500lbs of balast and it still wasn't enough. Ryan they should just design a led hulled boat just for you. Ohh wait they do its called a supper tanker. Ha

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 10:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey now Mike, even Matt was digging the big wake. Don't be afraid of the big wake, it's only water!

By snot rag (rideut) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 7:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan, Its not the big wake i'm afraid of its the engine replacement.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike ~~ How is the new pad, you ready to punch somebody in that morning traffic?

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 8:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Engines are strong, that's what they're made for.

By KnuckleDragger (knuckledragger) on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 8:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey guys, Matt has convinced me to throw out my name on here. I'm trying to get some hours put on my 2009 Centurion Falcon V before it turns cold or my new baby boy gets here (could be this week!). So I'm pretty much up for heading out any night this week. Anyone up for a ride tonight?

By the way...I was on that boat with Matt and Ryan and the wake was wicked!! I won't be able to load my boat down that much until I hit the 20 hour mark (4 more hours). Matt, I have a Acme 1579 being shipped to me to try out. We'll have put it on yours and load it up and see how much it would help.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 9:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Knuckle ~~ So are you from the North with Matt & Shima? Do you ever ride towards the SLC area lakes?

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 10:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Cody, nice to see you on here. I won't be able to ride tonight but maybe Thurs. I'll let you know. Please PM me your cell#.

BTW, the prop will help but it's more important on where you place the weight in the boat. Matt's boat was having issues getting on plane because it's was to stern heavy. With 750's in the back, the center tank filled, 4+ people, you'll need at least a 1000 lb in the bow. On my supra, I run 600's in the back, an 800 in the center walk way and then an additional 600 in the bow. It's really important to weight the bow, because it makes the wake firmer and helps the boat get on plane easier. Just remember that.

By KnuckleDragger (knuckledragger) on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yeah, failed to mention that detail. :-) I'm in Farmington and pretty much willing to go anywhere from Utah Lake northward. I typically either go to Willard or Rockport to avoid crowds on weekends but anywhere is usually good during the week. So yeah, no problem going to Echo, Rockport, Jordanelle, etc. (Other than the 1/2 ton struggling up Parley's)

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Cody, nice to see you on here. I won't be able to ride tonight but maybe Thurs. I'll let you know. Please PM me your cell#.

BTW, the prop will help but it's more important on where you place the weight in the boat. Matt's boat was having issues getting on plane because it's was to stern heavy. With 750's in the back, the center tank filled, 4+ people, you'll need at least a 1000 lb in the bow. On my supra, I run 600's in the back, an 800 in the center walk way and then an additional 600 in the bow. It's really important to weight the bow, because it makes the wake firmer and helps the boat get on plane easier. Just remember that.

By D Mercer (elduke) on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 6:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
EJ,

Good to see you supporting your Aggies at the game. Do you remember seeing me? I think the beer gods were winning the battle last night.

Your Aggies are getting better. But I will say it is nice to see football again.

Later

Darin

By E.J. (deuce) on Saturday, September 05, 2009 - 8:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
....The Beer Gods had nothing on me.....

My friend Nate on the other hand..... I ended up having to take him out at Halftime and listen to the rest of the game in the tailgate lot.....

It was nice to say hello Darin....

Yes, the Aggies looked like they are willing to compete this year. Good think, I said I would not trim the goatee until then win....

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Tuesday, September 08, 2009 - 7:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We will just have to refer to E.J. as Mr. Foo Man Choo.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Monday, September 14, 2009 - 9:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Jason, any pics from Powell?? Don't hold out on us

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 7:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If I can get a second.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 9:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dude, your life isn't THAT busy! hahaha

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
He don't need to post a pic, just look at his profile pic...

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 8:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here you go jonzers,,,,I hope this works.

http://gallery.me.com/jbleyl#100016

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Friday, September 18, 2009 - 8:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason ~~ Nice pics, always enjoy you powell photo's. So how are you liking that CO board?

By David (dhorton) on Friday, September 18, 2009 - 9:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice pics Jason, I need to get back down to Powell sometime soon.

If anyone needs a lightly used 08 marius platty I'm trying to get rid of one and would rather sell it locally than throw it up on eBay.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=7947437&cat=&lpid=

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice pics Jason! Looks like a good time was had.

David, good luck on the sell of the board!

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 12:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just left glass at Willard! Ryan get on it!! Air temp 45 this morn and water temp mid 50's, but finished the afternoon at high 60's. GET IT WHILE IT LASTS!! Pics coming soon

Back to the Arctic on Wednesday This season came and went way to soon!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 12:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the update Matt, won't be able to ride until at least Thursday.

Have a safe trip back up and we'll meet up next season.

By darin (bigblue_wake) on Friday, October 02, 2009 - 8:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
is any one going out tomorrow oct 3rd if so i would love to hit it up!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 2:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Darin, welcome to the thread. It's suppose to rain starting tonight so I won't be heading out. I'll let you know if I head out mid week, this coming week. I'll be winterizing my boat & storing it by next Sat.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 5:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darin ~~ Also welcome to the thread, did you get out today for a set? PM me your phone number and I will hit you up when we ride. During the latter part of the year we ride UT Lake quite a bit.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 7:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This weather sucks. I'm heading to Arizona weekend after next for some wake and them I'm driving my new car home.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason, what are you getting?

And for the record, I agree that the weather sucks!

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Monday, October 05, 2009 - 10:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I come home (Thursday) for one week before going back up starting my new schedule up here. Someone please tell me it will warm up for at least one more outing!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, October 05, 2009 - 2:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason ~~ Take me with you, I fit in a suit case!

Matt ~~ We don't stop till the lakes freeze...

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Monday, October 05, 2009 - 3:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, it's suppose to stay cool through this weekend but back up into the low 60's early next week.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 7:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
BTW Matt, what time on Thursday do you arrive?

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 10:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I fly off the slope here in a few hours, Im counting down! I fly into SLC tomorrow morning and in the front door around 10am. I have got to get out at least one more time or two for my sanity. It will be a short stay though, one week and then back up here for my two.

On the plus side, I did buy that IS Blue Lake! LOVE IT!! (Dave was a bad influence on me LOL )

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Haha, well it was money well spent because you were shredding the hell out of that thing.

I guess we're going to have to meet up next summer, finished all the winterizing today and I have to work Fri & Sat, then travel starts on Sunday.

Have a great winter and keep those mobile pics coming. That weasel was sweet!

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan~~~heading to Scottsdale Arizona on Wednesday night with Aidan (my B-day present to the little man). Picking my car (brand spanking new 2009 Audi A4 Avant) on Thursday morning. We will be boarding Thursday, Friday, and Saturday all day. Drive home on Sunday.

I'm starting to think my life sucks...travel to AZ to wakeboard for three days and buy a killer new car. Life is rough.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 8:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was thinking the exact same thing Jason!

You suck!!!!

Congrats on the new ride, post up pics when you get back.

By darin (bigblue_wake) on Friday, October 09, 2009 - 7:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hay is any one going out tomorrow ?

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 10:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darin ~~ Were planning on heading out to Willard tomorrow, I know right now we have 3 adults and 3 kids going on David's 210. I will hit you up next time since David was the one to set up this little adventure. We will be riding UT Lake a lot when the weather decides to get cold. We rode till Dec 7th last year and keeping out fingers crossed we can beat that date this year.

Jason ~~ Have a safe trip to AZ, I got a ton of clients there and they say they would love to share some of the 80's and 90's temps there still getting. The car your going to get is sick, I think this is the car that brought me to liking the hatch back again.
Upload

Shima ~~ Thursday was a sad, sad day for me to. Let us know when you back in town and maybe we can get out with David and stretch your riding muscle's.

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Will do Josh, I'll be back for 3 days, Oct 27-29, then I'm gone again for another 2.5 weeks.

Have a great time tomorrow at Willard!

By darin (bigblue_wake) on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 8:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
josh thanks for the reply and thats cool about tomorrow let me know when you are in need of a rider.
thanks darin

By David (dhorton) on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 9:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good times on the water Sunday Josh and Paul. Air temp 48 when we got to Willard, water temp 52. My 8 year old daughter was the only one to brave the temps in a shorty, the rest of us pussed out and wore drysuits. I printed off a "Polar Bear Award" certificate that C-Dog now proudly displays on the wall above her desk. I still cant believe I of all people forgot the camera.
Lets do it again this weekend for sure.

(Message edited by dhorton on October 13, 2009)

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 3:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm down for sure for Sat and if the sun is going to shine let's try a little earlier. I don't have anybody lined up for the 3rd yet, you want me to ask around or you have it covered again? I might just remember to bring a camera to.

C-Dog is a champ even though it looked like she wanted to cry when she first hit the water! She killed it and I bet she would do it again. C-Dog has just been upgraded to C-Bear!

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 6:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So I just checked KSL and you guys had a high of 72 and expecting a high of 75 Tomorrow!!! Somebody had post some pics to help me get through my current cold spell. This sucks

By David (dhorton) on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 9:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
UT Lake yesterday.
Upload

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well Matt if that don't hold you over I don't know what will. What a great fall day on the water, I bet there's many more to come...

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 11:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So Myself, David & Dewey got a chance to get out and officially start the 2009 winter crew. We headed to UT Lake but it was blown out before we could even launch. So we made a choice to head up the mountain to DC and it was a great choice. We started the day rolling up to 37 deg but finished out with low 50's. Here is the rope before the first run that was so cold that it wouldn't bend when held up. David posted up a ton more pics at www.dftrdownfortheride.ning.com if your interested is seeing all the pic.
Upload
Upload

By Paul Moody (777cbr) on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 5:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks pretty nice. It will be interesting how fast the winter comes in. I am glad you guys could get some good picture after I got fired.

By David (dhorton) on Friday, October 30, 2009 - 8:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
LOL Paul, I think I had almost as many blurry shots from Josh and Dewey Sunday as that day with you. I guess it's time to put them on probation. Did you pick up the drysuit you were looking at?

Sunday looks like it might be another good day to get out and ride! Lets do this thing!

By Paul Moody (777cbr) on Friday, October 30, 2009 - 11:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm in, Though I wasn't able to work things out with the guy selling the suit, so I am still looking.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 9:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Holy crap what a great day outside! Woke up to bright sun shine through the window and started doing yard work and then on to more painting the house.

David ~~ Don't sugar coat it for Paul, . I'm DFTR for Sunday!

By utah rider (davidbouvier) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
looks like i'm done wakeboarding. I head into surgery, again, on Dec. 28, for my right shoulder. This time I have two tears in my rotator cuff tendons, and a tear in my biceps tendon. I'm sure getting sick of this.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave ~~ Sucks to hear but hope you can get it fixed since you have been dealing with it all year. I get to see the Ortho on Tue to look inside my knee and see how bad I hurt it 2 weeks ago. It felt like it was going to fall apart to the left of the knee cap this morning. We have plenty of boarding left and I get to be the full time driver, photo, or flag boy for the rest of the season! We should have some fresh pics up on www.dftrdownfortheride.ning.com real soon.

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 6:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man...we are just a bunch of old geezers falling apart.

Dave...good luck with the surgery.

Josh....hope the knee is nothing serious. What doc are you going to see?

By E.J. (deuce) on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 2:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave and Josh, sorry to hear of the injuries.... Here is hoping for a quicker than average recovery for both of you.

As far as me.... Can't get hurt if you just eat, drink, smoke, golf and try to get fatter in Kauai....
Upload

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason ~~ I see Dr. Winterton tomorrow to find out how bad it is...

E.J. ~~ Thanks! Now let's just be good friends and I will take up your sports! We can be BFF's .

By Paul Moody (777cbr) on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh,

Have you found out anything yet about the knee? Hopefully, the weather holds out and your knee is ok.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 5:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Paul ~~ Went to the doc and everything seems to check out ok, just pushed it a little more than it liked. We went out today and I got 2 pretty good sets on the knee and probably went a little bigger than I should of. All in all it was a super day on the lake with sunshine and Epic water, David should have some pics up sometime in the next week.

By David (dhorton) on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 7:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There you go, now you get to wait a week for the rest.
Upload

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 9:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn I can't wait for a week to go by!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 9:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So Jealous!

By David (dhorton) on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
there you go Josh, pics are up
http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/photo/albums/deer-creek-112909

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Holy crap... Them there are some kick ass pics!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 7:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice pics guys!

What was the water temp like? Any other boats out there?

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 8:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The water temps were perfect with the sunshine, we were lookin at mid 40's for the water but felt warmer with the sun beating down on ya. There were a few boats out but all fishing and looking at us like we were nuts. Sunday has to have been the most Epic fall riding in UT ever! Flat water, 210 SANTE, and great people to ride with... Nothing better!

By David (dhorton) on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 9:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yeah it indeed was a good day. To start things out the restrooms were not locked (thank god I was seeing aqua-deuce in my near future).

I can't take credit for the pics, all were shot by Josh and Dewey. I just set the camera up and cleaned the shots up a little in photoshop.

By Anthony (aep6475) on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 3:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mostly Cloudy
2°F
Feels Like
2°F
Updated: Dec 4 04:05 a.m. MT

Howdy fellers, hope it is warmer in Utah, heading down this weekend and really need a break from this crap. Been a couple weeks like this now and really am missing the 40's of winter. Nice pics Josh, good to see you still kicking it into late November!

By E.J. (deuce) on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 4:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
OUCH Anthony.....

It is a rough day when you hope for balmy 40F.....

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 2:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anthony ~~ Now that your in town you have to be thawing out. Them temps have got to suck to live and work in.

By David (dhorton) on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload

Josh, Dewey, Paul, and Mark thanks for being mental enough to hit it up today. I threw this and a few more pics up on Josh's site:
http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/photo/albums/jordanelle-12202009

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 8:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How about blowing that I walked up hill both ways story out the water. 2 Sets on Dec 20th... Suck It!

There is a pic of Paul's feet on my site that make me say OMG! Check it...

By Paul Moody (777cbr) on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 6:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you look really closely in the above picture you can see a penguin on the shoreline 3/4 of the way to the left side of the picture. It was a marvelous adventure.

By Matt Adams (duramat) on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 6:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh, Dave you guys are hardcore! Nice pics

I havnt seen the sun in two weeks heres my pic of my santa sled leaving the artic circle (Prudhoe AK). This is was about 1:30'ish in the afteroon. So looking forward to some warmer weather, frostbite sucks

Upload

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 7:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just in case any of you missed this and need a good laugh http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/262177/january-19-2010/stephen-bosworth Shima is a super star!

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 9:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh, way to go Josh! Thanks!

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 12:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shima ~~ Hope all is going well with you and the entire USA trying to bring us some gold home!

Well guys I have to say I almost missed the whole boat show this year. I only went on Friday and I spent so much time talking with everybody I never had a chance to check out all the boats. I did get a chance to meet and sit with Big Spence (pro photographer) and he almost fell out of his chair when I walked with and asked if he was the one and only Big Spence. Let me say that dude is crazy cool and really likes to talk with people. Next I got quite a bit of time with Scott Byerly and everything he has going on. He is crazy stoked to be strapped in again and it took quite a few people to convince him to do it again. He said he has been doing a lot of filming with the bindings on and video should be out soon. You can see how pashionate this guy is about wakeboarding and there is a ton more coming up with him involved. You should have seen him when I thanked him for bringing the Teak back on his 210. He said everybody was against it but he had his push and made it happen.
Well the sun in out and the family and I are going to soak some up with the dogs. Have a great week UT.

By D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride) on Monday, February 22, 2010 - 2:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow is this a great site to see or what!!!
Upload

By Levi Cress (levi) on Monday, February 22, 2010 - 2:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah. It's saved me from getting everyone together for an after work trip when it was blown out.

By david rogers (davee22ve) on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 7:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How is everyone in Utah. Its Dave from Az I was up for a few months last year. It looks like we are coming back up on march 8th if the weather allows it. I am bringing my gear and should be there most of the summer. If anyone needs a third let me know me number is 480-330-1694.

How have you been Josh?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com