new to group Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Other Water Sports » Hydrofoiling » new to group « Previous Next »
By garry griffiths (garry) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 9:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have just registered with this group and would like to say hello to other foilers.
skiya Garry

By Sean M (magic) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 9:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Welcome!!!!

And just ignore, Hahn... we do!

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 8:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gary, are you any where near Towoomba?

There's a couple more foilers around there.

By Jonathan Pollard (airjunky123) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 9:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
G'day mate! Since your down under, do you flip the other way?

By garry griffiths (garry) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 3:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey guys
I am about 2000 km from Toowoomba,but i did catch up with a couple of guys from the Goald coast and a couple from toowoomba just after christmas .Had a great time foiling out at Perserverence Dam.Wish i could flip the other way!Its the toilets that go the different way,i think!!

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 3:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hehehe, I guess that's about 1200 miles - quite a long drive!

I used to email with a fella named John down around Towoomba. Seemed like a nice fella and really had a great attitude towards foiling.

Jonathan, I never figured out how they measured vertical since they're all upside down! ;)

By garry griffiths (garry) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 4:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John Burton is his name and he was one of the guys we caught up with at christmas.Your right he is a good bloke.I tried to teach him how to ride my airboard with no success.We maybe upside down but at least were in front!!!!!! Like 18 hrs

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 4:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yep, yep, yep! That's the fella!

LOL, I lost a day somewhere coming back from OZ. Can't remember if it was the date line, - or the beer!

By garry griffiths (garry) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 6:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cant loose the beer!!!Where did you go when you came to the land of OZZ? Whats even more important where did you foil?

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 4:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No foiling, nor fooling - it was a work trip to Sydney. It looks like the south and west would've been more interesting of a trip.

By garry griffiths (garry) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 12:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sydney is sort of OK but the rest of the country is a heap better.Queensland is probably the best part of the country.Adelaide and its surrounding country side is also very good.Lots of places to go foiling as well.You can ski all year long and if you pick the spot 9 times out of 10 you can be the only boat on the water. Lifes tough!!!

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 7:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Let me formally declare - I HATE YOU!

Have fun down there.

By garry griffiths (garry) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 2:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you guys get to ski all year round or do you have to dodge ICEBERGS!!!!!The coldest our water gets to is 16 degrees celcius and in summer up to 26 d/c.We are heading of for a ski in afew hours.
skiya Garry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com