New Decks Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Other Water Sports » Hydrofoiling » New Decks « Previous Next »
By Sean M (magic) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 7:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Finally made it to the Seattle Boat show yesterday. Mike Murphy was at Willey's both spreading the good word about foiling. It was cool to see him there talking to people and hanging out.

They had a prototype of the new LEX convertible (does both Airboard with clicker bindings and sit down with a LE shock tower). Foil and strut also come anodized.

The new boards now are coming with much larger diameter threads for the foot beds, plus they have a wide range of adjustment (threads go from the middle of the board to close to the tip). Looks like it will easier for younger riders/shorter legged riders to share foils now.

Plus, in stead of allen key bolts for the struts, saw a ski with a manual ratching lever system. Very cool.

Sorry, no pics.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Great! There goes the pocket book again.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

(Message edited by phaeton on January 27, 2003)

By Sean M (magic) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm keeping the old trusty SS ST Pro till I break it, get better or Kevin has to many LEXs laying around!

By Bryan Steele (foilfreak) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 3:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I sure hope the next version of the LEX comes together soon, but that will most likely throw more used LEX 1.0's into the used market at a lower price point. The real key is the changes to the strut and wing design...if it all works out, LEX 2.0 might be around the corner.

Supposedly, the tower is going to be a bit lighter, but the new CompTech shock, "tool-less" ratchets, and "pinless" design might make up the weight difference. All are really cool new features for the tower.

As for the T-bar & Wings... we'll have to wait and see what that will be like.

By airfreak (airfreak) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Phaeton,
Maybe you can make some oversized Lokz type of bolts to make our old foils "tooless". Haven't gotten you package yet. Maaybe I'll order some from ebay :-)

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 11:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Airfreak the laser went tits up so the base plates finally got cut today. I was at the boat show all day so I will send them out Monday Fed Ex.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com