illusion x Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Other Water Sports » Hydrofoiling » illusion x « Previous Next »
By Cliff (ord27) on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 3:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
does anyone make a rack that will mount on the illusion x tower
I have considered buying a sky ski but want to get my total cost estimates first....a rack is a must

By Sam Aikele (atropine) on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 10:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cliff-
go to foilfreaks.com and check out the forums. There is quite a bit of info you can find by searching over there. I just bought a SkySki, and I am trying to decide which rack to get for my Illusion X. If money is no object, the consensus is that the Comptech swiveling rack is the best. Supposed to be rock solid. Problem is price; $660 plus the $75 adapter to fit it to the Illusion X. Samson makes one that also has a t-bar stabilizer and swivels, but I don't think it is available for the Illusion X. Titan makes a nice-looking non-swivel rack, that can be bought for @ $350 new. I have seen them go for as little as $150 used, but any hydrofoil rack is hard to find used. The Titan does not have a t-bar stabilizer, but is suposed to fit the Sky Ski Pro model very snugly. If you get the more expensive Sky Skis like the B39, the LE, etc. they supposedly rattle around in the Titan quite a bit. 13th Floor and Airboom are some others, but I don't know about fitment to the Illusion X. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will just save up my mkoney for the Comptech, but $700+ for a rack is hard to swallow. If you don't need the swivel, you can get the same Comptech in a non-swiveling version for $418 plus $75 for the adapter. It can be upgraded to the swivel later, but the guys at Comptech told me the upgrade would run about $350, so if you are ever going to get the swivel, you should just save and do it up front.

By Cliff (ord27) on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks Sam

By Jake (air_junky) on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 5:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Cliff,
Our Comptech Rack works well on the Illusion X tower. In fact, it works well on just about every tower. Its very versatile because it only has one contact point, and its almost infinitely adjustable for angle so you can mount it on a vertical leg or a cross bar. Upload

Upload
Upload

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com