Whirly attempt today Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Trick Tips » Whirly attempt today « Previous Next »
By Keith (hawaiianstiln) on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I attempted a whirly today and a few in the boat said it looked like I went tantrum to blind and crashed hard on left side of face (I'm goofy). It felt like I was twisting, but I definately got confused because I couldnt' figure out where I was within the trick.

I almost feel like I waited a few seconds late to throw my arm across, but just not sure. I also felt really layed out while twisting. Maybe I didn't square up enough. I usually throw my tantrums very big and way out into the flats. I think that might be hurting me on this trick.

By Russell Lowry (somebuddy) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have you practiced it on the trampoline with a rope? That definitely helps.

By Geoff Isringhausen (geoff_isringhausen) on Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you haven't done a whirly on a tramp first it will almost definitely turn into a tanny to blind. This used to happen to me all the time. The first time i tried one on the boat after having down the whirly 5 on a trampoline i landed it first try.

By Colton Duncan (duncanwake) on Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 9:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The key also is the toeside stomp on your tantrum which will take you straight up. Once you get the straight up pop just do an uppercut with your front arm and commit to it. That will bring you around

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com