If you even consider w2w a trick, com... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Trick Tips » If you even consider w2w a trick, come chat! « Previous Next »
By Keith (tversetti) on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alright I realize that it really can't be that hard. Last season I split time between kneeboarding and wakeboarding and found my progression slow. I probably did a w2w about 3 times last year.
Anyways, this season I find myself w/ the same problems as last year. I get pulled out of the front of the board constantly if I go big enough to clear both wakes. I don't get a million chances to ride so each set is precious!

All I ever read is "hands at the hips" but if I am cutting terribly hard (at least for me), I have issues getting yoinked forward.

Thanks in advance

By Brian M (macattack) on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 9:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what do you mean you get pulled out of the front? meaning your nose digs in the water?
to jump w2w:
progressive edge in(slowly start to cut in, you should be cutting hardest at the top of the wake watch some videos to see), when you reach the top of the wake stand, dont jump, stand. pull the handle to you hip. if this is what your doing and your still going forward try to get a tail grab in and see if that balances you in the air.

By Keith (tversetti) on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 3:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I mean that my body gets yoinked forward when i am in the air. I suppose that must mean that the handle is not in at my body enough when I take off?

By John (stoked_32) on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 3:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
normally means you're taking off too early as well... try waiting longer before you stand tall. Edge all the way through the lip of the wake.

By puckhead (jcollinge) on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 5:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds like your cut is 90 degrees into the wake. I normally go 45 degrees with a progressive edge.

By Bevan (stxr_racer) on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 8:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check it..

http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip009.asp

By Keith (tversetti) on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 12:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
puckhead, i think you got it right.

dont really know how to cut at a different angle though, it seems like the most speed and power comes from hitting the wake going that much faster...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com