Try Railey or Backroll? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Trick Tips » Try Railey or Backroll? « Previous Next »
By niv yefet (nivyefet) on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 1:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hello guys.
I do waterski in cables and I want start to try air tricks.
So my question is what start to try, railey or backroll and why.
and pls some tips to do the trick.
And also if u have a movie that help me learn the trick so gimme pls.

Very thx.

By niv yefet (nivyefet) on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 5:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Answer me guys Please xD

By chuck j (wiz) (wake_eater) on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 6:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
go with the backroll. its one of the first inverts most people try. crashes from raileys are some of the roughest.

By Diego Montoya (eyedvride) on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you have $9.99 you can get all the best coaching and video you want at www.learnwake.com Awesome site, great help.

Backroll first then railey. Learn the load and release and progressive edge and you'll be set.

By Keith (hawaiianstiln) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 12:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I honestly think you should stay away from the railey until you have some solid edging as you approach inverts. Solid edging for some of the basic inverts out there (tantrum, backroll, heelside front) will give you an understanding of how to position your body in different ways before attempting a railey. Seems to me lots of people have a hard time with raileys (stargaze, etc..) because the edging isn't stable (or weight control).

Start trying heelside front flip before a railey. You can almost use a railey edge for this trick. I do..

Just my two cents.

By Louise (pvsawyer) on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 7:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Backroll first- the crashes aren't as tough. You can seriously hurt yourself learning the raley. Once you learn the backroll the raley will come quickly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com