tantrum help, with video Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Trick Tips » tantrum help, with video « Previous Next »
By Blake Tingey (tings00) on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
just trying to figure out what i am doing wrong, i land it probably 25% of the time. There are about 4 trys at the end of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK44CGDwvSk

By Ryan Miller (ryman32) on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You need to square up to wake more. That will help pop you straight back so you don't get the half twist in the air, which is causing you to crash. Really concentrate on having that board flip straight over your head. You start turning it sideways mid air. I used to do the same thing. I started grabbing the trick which would force me to flip straight back with no twisting.

By Blake Tingey (tings00) on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
indy?

By Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1) on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 1:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Blake, also have even pressure on both feet when edging in. It looks like you're back foot heavy which makes you throw the trick over your back shoulder. If you're squared up when you leave the wake, like Ryan M mentions above, that will help you not twist in the air and land square on the board.

Hope this helps.

By Ryan Miller (ryman32) on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 4:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes indy. Bring the board to your hand, not your hand to the board, if that makes sense. And don't rush it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com