Heelside Backroll, Looking over lead ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Trick Tips » Heelside Backroll, Looking over lead shoulder?? « Previous Next »
By Christopher Smith (huevo) on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 8:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey guys I've been reading a lot of backroll threads and the majority say to look over your lead shoulder to initiate the rotation.

Could someone please explain this part in greater detail to me??

I don't understand how looking over your shoulder in the direction you are traveling can initiate a rotation in the opposite direction.

By Eubanks (eubanks01) on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 7:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You ARE going to rotate over your lead shoulder in the direction you are looking. The board is going to go out and up over your lead shoulder and looking in that direction will cause your body to follow. As they say, the body will follow the head. Don't think about throwing your head down...rather keep your chest tall and think about going up and around.

Cut up and away at the peak of the wake along with turning your head back over your lead shoulder to initiate the flip. The rest should happend automatically if you keep the handle in close.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com