Reentry....Whats the technique? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Trick Tips » Reentry....Whats the technique? « Previous Next »
By Ethan Johnson (ethan31) on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 6:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, How do you get the massive pop on reentry's? Is it all ollie power, or is there a technique?

By Big Heavy (stephan) on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 9:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The huge ones are either a double or triple up. Just ride over the first rollers and smack the 2nd or 3rd.

By Patrick Conroy (wakeboarder2687) on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Think about popping off the toes on your back foot if its frontside. Kinda works for me. After you get that, throw a straight backflip in it, tantrum style. Way easier than youd think.

By Peter Duncan (peterd) on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 1:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry, I guess I'm not hip. What is a "reentry"? Is that a new trick off the double up?

By Ethan Johnson (ethan31) on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 6:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn old farts! Ha kidding.

Its when a rider jumps off the wake and lands on the same wake.

By Keith (hawaiianstiln) on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it originally comes from Surfing. It's not an "off the lip to air" either. It's when you are riding a wave (fairly fast up the middle of the wave) and hit the lip as it curls into white wash as you get air (timing is everything). Then you come back down into the wave/white wash...Which is a re-entry. Not sure I explained it the technical way, but that's the way I knew of while surfing and growing up in Hawaii.

Yes, it's all the above: Speed, Ollie, and hitting it just right. Really sick looking when you kick your back leg out a little to tweak it.

Hope that helps where it originally came from

By Mitch (wakemitch) on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
get at the bottom of the trough and drift up and feel the energy of the wake. 3/4 to the lip pop off the tail and use the energy of the wake. it will throw you right up.

By nacho (denverd1) on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 7:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
helps if you throw a little spin in it as you leave the lip

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com