front hand grabs Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Trick Tips » front hand grabs « Previous Next »
By spencer heywood (spenchey) on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 6:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
every time i go to grab with my front hand i always end up coming down front heavy and fall. could this becaues i'm bending to grab instead of letting the board come up to me then grab?

By James Hunter Morgan (jhmorgan) on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 8:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah I have found that is normally the cause of those falls...Also, it was easier for me to start grabs with my rear hand, so unless you have already done htese I would suggest the rear hand grabs first..the more tired you get, the more you tend to lean for the board as opposed to bringin it to you..all things to consider

By spencer heywood (spenchey) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 8:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah i have the rear hand grabs down. i was pretty tired when i was trying them so thats probally the case.

Any tips on handle position? One time i tried a front hand grab and ended up takeing it to a 180.

By James Hunter Morgan (jhmorgan) on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 2:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you are coming in HS, then handle position should not matter to much. As long as you are edging progressively enough, your board will not rotate unless initiated. One good way to learn is to try a nosegrab. Keep your back leg extended while bending your lead knee. Grab the nose and smile as your ride away

By james adams (iluvrussell) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 11:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you could try to come of your edge as you start to go up the wake, then you will have slack in the rope and it wont pull you around when you let go with your front hand.

By james adams (iluvrussell) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 11:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you could try to come of your edge as you start to go up the wake, then you will have slack in the rope and it wont pull you around when you let go with your front hand.

By james adams (iluvrussell) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

By spencer heywood (spenchey) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 2:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i used more of a seated edge last time and got them. thanks for the help, i think i might have been reaching for them too not wait for it to come to me.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com