Eyes Wide Shut Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Trick Tips » Eyes Wide Shut « Previous Next »
By Seth (rourker) on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 8:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, I'm laughing as I type this because I can't believe that I still can't keep my eyes OPEN during my rolls!!! Please somebody help give me something to focus on that might help me to fix the squinting problem when I throw the roll!!

By david smith (k9fxr) on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 8:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
One of my friends tries to focus on the tower, also helps his body position

By Eubanks (eubanks01) on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 10:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Get your head around faster. No body sees anything when they are flipping their head across the sky or horizon so fast even with their eyes open...you'll only be able to see once your head stops moving. So keep your chin to your lead shoulder and you'll be able to spot your landing 3/4's of the way around.

By Jackson Duncan (jxn_bonifay) on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 5:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have the same trouble ... the sun always blinds me and all i can see is a half circle from where the sun like burned my retna

By Michael ImObersteg (kickflip_mj) on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
eventually you can kinda slow things down and you will be able to see when your going uspide down and see the water.. just have to do about a 100 flips before that happens.lol

By Blake Parrish (blakep) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
super glue or duck tape you eye lids open. haha

By Evan Kurzman (evank) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 12:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
seriously after my first 100 flip attempts i could finally see what was going on before that every flip was giant blur till either me or my board hit the water.

By matt Winans (liquidmx) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 12:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Assuming your talking about HS rolls my suggestion would be to learn ts backrolls. Then go back and forth doing both over and over until you start to "see". It takes some time but eventually you will both "feel" and "see" the trick and know how it is turning out the second you are in the air.

By Seth (rourker) on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 11:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm surprised I don't have trouble landing them. Near the end of the season last year, I started taking these a lot bigger and found that I as seeing the lip of the second wake on the way down. I guess I'll just keep rolling!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com