reflashing your ballast timers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles » Archive through April 09, 2008 » reflashing your ballast timers « Previous Next »
By R. Fichtner (duramaxer) on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 12:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am going to put in the fly high front sac in my 08 x-2 but I am unsure of how to set the timer on the pump so that it will fill both. Can someone explain this to me?
Thanks

By KRIS (misfits1981) on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 1:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Direct from Mastercraft:

ALL PUMPS INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER. (INCLUDES SWITCHES)
SYSTEMS HAVE AI MODULE FOR EACH PUMP. (3)
DEFAULT SETTING TIME FOR FILL IS 4 1/2 MINUTES.
DURING THE FILL OPERATION THE SYSTEM ONLY READS TIME.
DURING THE EMPTY OPERATION THE SYSTEM READS BOTH TIME
AND AMPS.

BLINK CODES:
1 = AUTO SHUT OFF
2 = PUMP OVER LOAD (POSSIBLE KINKED LINE OR CLOGGED VENT)
3 = POWER LOSS BETWEEN AI MODULE AND PUMP
4 = NO CURRENT OR LOW VOLTAGE.
5 = ?
6 = SYSTEM FULL

SYSTEM WILL REMEMBER LAST SWITCH OPERATION AND HOW LONG.

EXAMPLE: SYSTEM FULL. OPERATOR EMPTIES SYSTEM 1/2 WAY. TIME WAS
2 MINUTES. NOW OPERATOR TRIES TO FILL SYSTEM AGAIN BUT IT
WILL ONLY FILL FOR 2 1/2 MINUTES. SYSTEM DEDUCTED THE 2 MINUTES
FROM THE EMPTY TIME, GIVING ONLY 2 1/2 MINUTES OF FILL TIME.

COMPLETE SYSTEM RESET: BATTERY SWITCH OFF OR DISCONNECT BATTERY

SYSTEM CAN BE RE-PROGRAMED. SEQUENCE AS FOLLOWS:

FROM OFF POSITION. F O E, F O E, ETC. 4-5
TIMES UNTIL LIGHT ON SWITCH STARTS BLINKING
TO ADD TIME: FROM OFF POSITION, F O, F O,
EACH F O SEQUENCE IS 30 SEC. OF TIME.

REPEAT ABOVE, TO EMPTY SIDE OF SWITCH FOR LESS
TIME.

NOTE: RE-PROGRAMING MODE ONLY APPLIES TO THE FILL TIME.

By Matt (duckguy) on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 1:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just hard wire wire it and bypass the whole deal

By 1boarder_kevin (1boarder_kevin) on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 8:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
FYI

I talked to fly high and the upgrade from Jabsco is 558031-control system. The price is roughly $100 for each timer.

By 1boarder_kevin (1boarder_kevin) on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 8:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
According to Fly High, the part number for the upgrade from Jabsoc is 558031-control system. It runs roughly $100 per timer

By R. Fichtner (duramaxer) on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 3:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
doesn't this depend on what year your boat is weather you need the Jabsco boxes? I understand that the 08's have the ability to have the time adjusted from the factory up to 20 min. Just was wondering how to do this?

By 1boarder_kevin (1boarder_kevin) on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 4:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
well I have a 2008 and one timer goes to 20 minutes and the other two go to 6 minutes, so to answer your question, maybe yes (or maybe 1/3 yes). My boat was completed on 11/7/08 so good luck to the people after that.

By fb (fbroen) on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 11:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has anyone successfully tried the sequencing posted by Kris above? Seems pretty straight forward if that works.

By WPS (wpstevenson) on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 12:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes that procedure works fine, but depending on which timer you have it might only go up to 6 min. My 2006 x2 used straight relays, the pump ran as long as the switch was on. The 2007 x2 went to the programable control modules, relays with programable timers, I was able to program them up to 6 min. My 2008 x2 has the same mondules and can be programed up to 6 min, one of mine will only go to 4 min, but has the same number as the others?? Mastercraft told my dealership we would have to buy the 20 min timers from jabsco and change them out. 1 of the timers in Kevin's boat goes to 20 min. ??

I firgure I'll need about 10 to 12 min of run time to fill the factory tanks and fly high bags when teed together.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com