WakeWorld Toys For Tots Auction... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Wakeboarding Discussion » Archive through January 29, 2010 » WakeWorld Toys For Tots Auction « Previous Next »
By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 9:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have put out the word to potential sponsors about getting involved in our annual Toys For Tots auction and we've already received product commitments from Company (Severance board, bindings, vest and handle), Wet Sounds (WS-420 EQ and pair of XST-650 speakers), Monster Tower (board rack), Bill Gieger at Geiger Media (Spy sunglasses and autographed Spy sticker) and Boardflix (DVD package). We've also got Bill at Performance hitting up his pro riders to come up with some cool and unique stuff. I'm hoping to hear from some of the other companies in our industry within the next day or so!

If you know of a company that would like to get involved with this great cause, please have them contact me at gobig@wakeworld.com. Or just send a note to your favorite company and encourage them to get involved (so you can bid on their gear). Auctions will start Wednesday, 11/25 and we're hoping to raise even more money than we did last time to add to the over $21,000 we've already raised! I know we can do it with your help!

Here are the kids and I unloading at the Marine depot last year. They sure have a good time loading up each of their own carts at Walmart to see which one can spend the most money!!
Upload

By Andy Lyskowski (onthewatermo) on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 1:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thread bump with a WW: T4T testimonial...last year I checked out the auctions and noticed that there were not many bids on a girls package donated by Taylor McCullough. I ended up winning the auction and got a custom LF grindbase Melissa w/ Angel bindings, a JP Luxe vest, a brand new shred-ready helmet and Taylor to personalize an autograph to my nieces for about the cost of 79 $1.00 tacos. Added bonus: felt good about where the money was going. Here's to maintaining a great program.
Upload

By John Williams (hdultra) on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 1:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just found the site this year but am looking forward to this. Hopefully be able to pick up some cool stuff for a great cause.

By JT Thompson (tchs22) on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 2:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I loved this last year. Told my parents about it and they told me to pick out what I wanted and bid...Won LG handle and rope package...this is a great cause....encourage everyone who can to bid....I know we are going thru tough times but I think kids are worth it...they are the future for crying out loud

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 10:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, things are starting to heat up and we're hearing from some great companies that are coming up with donations despite this tough economy!!

Bullet Speakers just committed to kicking in a pair of 770 HLCD Hollow Point Speakers. We've also got Gator Boards and Stokemeter working on putting together packages to auction off. Tige Boats is also working on something that just might blow your mind, but nothing is final yet, so I'm just going to tease a bit!

Please help us to continue to get the word out!! Thanks again to everyone that has donated helped spread the word!!

By Jon Hunter (hunter660) on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 7:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is everything going up on eBay again? I was out of town and couldn't bid last year. Now with my iPhone I shouldn't miss anything.

By Biggs (thebiggmann) on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 9:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is honestly the coolest thing in the wake industry. I give every company such mad props for donating stuff to this, and WW for running it. Cheer's to a great thing!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yuppers, it's all going up on Ebay from 11/25-12/2. Make sure your bidding fingers are ready!!

By matt moss (mossy44) on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 7:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
is there a post or article that tells about this auction? what is it for and who does it benefit?

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 11:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, you can check out the articles on our past auctions here:

- 2004: http://www.wakeworld.com/contests/2004/toysfortots1.asp
- 2005: http://www.wakeworld.com/contests/2005/toysfortots1.asp
- 2006: http://www.wakeworld.com/contests/2006/toysfortots1.asp
- 2008: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1951

If you're interested in donating, just shoot me an email at gobig@wakeworld.com and I can send you out an email with all the details.

We'll also have more information up later this week. Now that the donations are rolling in, I'll start posting up the packages so people know what they can bid on.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 9:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jetpilot just kicked in a pair of their new GameChanger board shorts!!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 5:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alright, this is a first for our Toys For Tots Auction!!! Tige Boats is going help us out by offering a brand new 2010 Tige Z1 as a part of the auction!!! This will be a little different from our other auction items in that Tige isn't just giving us a boat for free that we can auction off. It will be heavily discounted with a very low reserve price and any amount over that reserve price will go towards Toys For Tots!! How cool is that!! Major props to Tige for stepping up with this great offer!

Upload

By Darin C (dirwoody) on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 9:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow - That's amazing, and absolutely awesome!

By Jeremy Byrom (wakerider111) on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 10:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is extreme! Wow!

By Jeff (fuller313) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 7:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very cool! Mad props go out to Tige!

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 8:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice... Someone is going to get hooked up!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 9:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's a shot of Adam Errington signing his pro model that will be auctioned off. Bill Porter at Performance put this together, along with signed boards from Rusty and Shaun. Thanks to all you guys!!

Upload

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 9:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Also just recently added is a great ballast package from OnlyInboards.com. Our own Ian Brown has generously kicked in three Fly High Fat Sacs (1,550 lbs.) along with a Tsunami pump to fill them up!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 1:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh, I so love it when this thing gets rolling and the generosity becomes infectious. When Gator Boards said they wanted to "donate a little something" I had no idea they were talking about four board/binding packages complete with shirt, hat and stickers!! Bidders will be able to get a Legend, Caddy, Lux or Lexy board with either Phantom, Phantom LTD, Fate, Fate LTD or Women's Fate bindings. WOW!!

By Eubanks (eubanks01) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 2:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice! Erik is awesome.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 6:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Now our very own David Cervenka of DPC Films has offered up five The Chick Flick DVD, poster and sticker packages.

As if that's not enough, he's teamed up with his partner, Ronnie Romero, from the recently released Global Warning and they will be offering up two standard versions and one Bluray version of this great DVD!

By OnlyInboards.com (wakereviews) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 6:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, looks like you are on track for a record breaking year!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 10:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Seems like this year we're getting some great donations from individuals that really have nothing to gain by donating, just good ol' fashioned generosity and kindness. Does my heart good!

The latest is our own Robert Mitchell. Robert has kicked in an inside-of-the-boat LED lighting kit including 10 cupholders and 10 12" lighting strips. He's also donating a pair of underwater LED lights in red!!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 11:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Slingshot has kicked in SIX pair of their '07 Driver boots. I've been encouraging companies to hook us up even if it means we can help them get rid of some overstock from past years and then ran with that idea. Thanks guys!!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 11:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just got another photo from Bill Porter at Performance of one of his riders signing a board and I realized it wasn't one of the riders he had originally listed as a participant. Bill had already committed to donating three pro model boards and getting Errington, Malinoski and Murray to sign them. However, this was a photo of Danny Harf signing his pro model. Well, chalk up another one for Performance. Huge thanks to Bill and all the riders for hooking this up!!

Upload

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 1:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Roswell has just offered up a pair of their beautiful Decade Unison Pro Hanging Speakers autographed by Rusty Malinoski. That makes Rusty the the top autograph guy for this auction since he's got his name on a pair of speakers and a pro model wakeboard!! Thanks guys!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 2:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Liquid Force has come up with another unique item for our auction. It's one of the limited edition Brostock boards that they had made for their athletes. This one is a 2008 PS3 137 autographed by Kevin Henshaw, Shawn Watson, Shane Bonifay and probably one or two more of their riders. I might have to bid on this one myself. Very cool!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 3:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
More stuff, more stuff!! Oakley is throwing down two pairs of shades signed by riders (they sign the box). You'll be able to bid on a pair of Fuel Cells signed by Keith Lyman and a pair of Dispatches signed by Aaron Rathy!! Thanks Oakley!!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 5:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Active Water Sports just put together a great bunch of goods. They are donating a pair of 2010 Ronix District bindings (any size), a 2008 Ronix Frontier wakeboard (any size) and a Billabong Teeb 3 green comp Vest in large!! Awesome!!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 10:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott Byerly and Byerly Boards have just finished the new Conspiracy 54" wakeboard and one of the first will be heading to our auction for you to bid on. Thanks Scott!!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 4:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
FINALLY I got all the auction packages set up so you guys can do some shopping prior to the start of the auctions and get ready to go with your bids. However, there's always room for more, so if anybody else wants to donate, you can still get your company's name added to this list by contacting me!

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2556

By benjamin (bendow) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 4:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow! what an amazing offering from all companies. We may have had an economic downturn, but there certainly hasn't been a downturn in peoples hearts

By tj (tj_in_kc) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 7:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is awesome, can't wait for the bidding to begin!

By Jon (jon4pres) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 7:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are some really cool donations.

Do you know what the reserve on the boat will be yet?

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 7:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have to agree with you Benjamin. We've never been rockin' like this with a full week yet to go before the first auction starts. I just dread setting up auctions for 67+ items!! It's usually an all-nighter with much fewer items! Does anyone have any experience with some of the faster ways to upload auctions than the standard online method?

By Jon Hunter (hunter660) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 8:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
eBay has a tool you can download that will do what you want. I forget when it is called, but a little searching on their site should lead you to it. You could enter in the items now and set the start date to the 25th if you want.

By Eric Johnson (ejojprop) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 12:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
David - PM sent offering a prop and spare prop kit for the auction.

Eric @ OJ PROPS

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 5:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rathy stopped by Byerly headquarters today, so they got him to sign the Byerly Conspiracy that we'll be auctioning off!!

Upload

By Jeff (fuller313) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 6:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is so COOL!!

By OnlyInboards.com (wakereviews) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice Eric! That is a great donation!!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 10:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mmmmmkay, I've been away from the computer today, so let's get caught up on all the latest donations. Thanks to all these great sponsors!!

- Liquid Trends: LT 6.65 Straight Face tower box
- Liquid Acoustics: Tru Technology B-475 Billet amp
- OJ Props: Prop of buyer's choice and prop change kit
- Nice Rack: Pair of Logo board racks
- Shred Ready: Two helmets of winners' choice with custom graphic
- Grindwater: 2010 Shapiro Slaysh wakesurf board
- Inland Surfer: 2010 Inland Surfer Squirt wakesurf board
- CIE: CIE hoodie and ride behind the Bone Crusher (locals only)
- Huck Doll: 10 Huck Doll wakeboarding figures

By raymond foster (burban89) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 5:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
David, if I am not mistaken cant you set the auctions up early and schedule a start time? I will play around with it and send you a PM, but I do believe you can do that. You could prob get started uploading that way.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, you can do them beforehand and that's what I've done in the past, but the online method of setting them up is pretty time consuming. However, based on someone's suggestion above, I searched around Ebay and found some software that you run locally that should make setting up auctions much easier. Wish me luck!! :-)

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kicker just notified me that they'll be donating two full boat systems (minus the head unit), each including an amp, two subs and two pair of speakers!! Nice!

By Robert Mitchell (2006maliblue) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats awesome Dave, I can't believe how many companies have stepped up to the plate this year! I've already got my eyes on a lot of cool gear! Looks like its going to be a Wake World Christmas!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 9:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very cool to see that we've even got non-wake companies getting involved! Software maker Roxio will be donating 10 pieces of software!!

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 10:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man, your gonna need to hire someone full time to take care of all these autcions! lol

By Jason (jason95gt) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How about Shadowbox? Have they been contacted?

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
And now Murray signing yet another board that Performance has kicked in!!

Upload

By Nick Bigger (nbigger) on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 7:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is there any thing that you need to set up to bid like a account?

By Jon (jon4pres) on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You will need an ebay account to bid if it is the same as it was before. It is a pretty easy process to do just go to ebay and sign up.

By Nick Bigger (nbigger) on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok thanks

By Jon Hunter (hunter660) on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 9:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can you post a link to the eBay store or user name these will be sold under?

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
They will be sold under WakeWorld. The list of auctions at http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2556 will all have hot links to the actual auctions as well.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com