James “Shorty” Carroll Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Wakeboarding Discussion » Archive through February 07, 2006 » James “Shorty” Carroll « Previous Next »
By Rich (rson) on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 7:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Taken from Dallaswakeboarding:

I am deeply saddened to report the loss of one of our wakeboard friends and an all around great kid. James “Shorty” Carroll was killed in an automobile accident this morning near his home in Cibolo, Texas. James was just 17 years old.

I met James two years ago when he showed up at TSR to ride in the first stop of the Texas Wakeboard Tour. His father, James Sr., fully supported his son’s passion for wakeboarding and together they traveled to every stop on the series. They were almost always the first ones to arrive at the tournament site and together they would often help my wife Susie unload her van and get the rider registration table set-up. James wanted to be the first to sign-up so he was assured a spot in the contests!

I spoke with James dad this evening and as you can imagine…he is absolutely devastated. His son was his life and wakeboarding was a big part of it. It was a passion they both shared.

Please keep James, his dad, and all his friends and family in your thoughts and prayers as they get through this very difficult time.

By R-Money (rdizzle) on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 7:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
RIP James

By TeamValdez (teamvaldez) on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 9:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Our thoughts and prayers are with those dealing with this huge loss, both to family and friends and to the wakeboarding world.

By C.I.E.....Evan (guido) on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Really sad.... Hate to hear stuff like that.

By Big Heavy (stephan) on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 11:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dang, that is awful. Pass along our condolences. They say you meet thousands of people in life, I say you know a lot more than you meet. In my opinion James was a rider and by that we are connected with this passion for riding. I guess God needed another ripper.

By Aaron Nielsen (lzyboy) on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 2:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
R.I.P.

It broke our hearts to loose you,
but you did not go alone,
For part of us went with you,
on the day god called you home.

-=peace=-
Lzy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com